The slayer scythe from Palisades/Factory X

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dstephan

I have this product on order, but it's not looking good for it coming out soon or even maybe at all. They are trying to get the weight down from 26 pounds all metal and wood. - but if they can't do it right they aren't going to do it at all. :(

I really hope this sees the light of day. I also wish that Factory X would have ironed out the kinks before they started accepting orders from retailers.

Tink at Palisades Forums says it coming soon...

Okay guys, I finally have some information for you!!! Hot off the presses from the Factory X newsletter...

COMING REAL SOON! (in like the next month!)
The one you've all been waiting for is finally on the water and arriving soon--The Slayer's Scythe! We all know it's been a long time coming, but baby it's worth it.
This fantastic prop replica is made of the highest quality materials and ships safely and securely with its own wall plaque for a wonderful decorative display!

Our Price: $299.99

SOURCE

Well it was supposed to have started shipping by the end of January. But surprise surprise, another delay it appears.

Of all the Buffy stuff they're doing this is the only one I desperately want. I just hope that it actually IS on the water and will be distributed.

But I've also heard that Diamond has no ETA on it at all as of yesterday...:(

I saw press releases on Action-figure.com and over at the Palisades board that they are indeed sunk. I don't know what any of this means for products or product lines that may be en route, but Michael Horn just posted a letter letting everybody know that not only are they closing, but the company that bought them out (I think?) did not keep any staff, and doesn't seem likely to continue to produce stuff.

Well I was just on the Palisades Forums in the Factory X section and Tink posted today so she's still around. In regards to the Scythe, it's supposed to be coming next month. I'm really confused? What is going on with Palisades?

PALISADES FORUM FACTORY X THREAD

01-24-2006, 09:15 AM
Tink
Sparkly Moderator

The scythe is coming out sometime next month, as I told you guys earlier. Anyanka's Amulet still in the early stages of production and I'm being told Spring 2006 as a release date.
You know, if you look back a bit on the forums, you'll see that there isn't a lot of ahead-of-time info on Factory X props - they pretty much wait until they have them IN HAND, and then put it up on the webpage, show pictures, and promote it more. I know this one has been a long time coming, but I am still being assured it will be released next month, which isn't very far away anymore!

Last edited:
For Limited by CAS to do any of the unproduced props, they'll have to get a licensing agreement of their own. That stuff is not transferable.

Now, if the scythe's are already produced - which is very possible - then Limited bought them as inventory from Palisades, and can release them. I swore we've already seen some scythe's slip out over the past month or so, or am I dreaming? Remember, if Palisades had stopped paying their bills, it's quite possible that the plant held the stock as leverage. Once Limited came in with cash, they'd be able to free up that stock and ship it.

So I'm hopeful we'll at least still see some of the Buffy props. I'm also more hopeful that Limited could actually get into the business of making their own Buffy props moving forward, because the license holders have done this once before, when DST bought out MAC. They were willing to renegotiate the license with DST, and figures marched on.

Well it looks like it's still coming...

SOURCE

Expected ReleaseDate 06-Mar-06
Retailers need to have an LMTD Wholesale account to be able to buy this.

Well now, that sucks - could turn into a serious nightmare for small retailers. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Back