What do those red X's mean where my photos should be?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

DarkSyren

I am having some real trouble trying to correct the two spots on the WHAT DO YOU LOOK LIKE THREAD and unable to seem to figure out what is wrong with it. I went and had two photos I selected from a recent cd and I did what I always do..put it on photobucket and browsed through the cd and downloaded the pics onto the photobucket site.

Do those red x's mean that for some reason, the site is unable to recognize or actually 'open' the file/photo? I can't imagine why, I was able to post the other pictures with no problems at all!

DS

I get no X's - I can see all your photos, but in one of your posts i get the same photo 3 times (the one where you are lying down with legs in the air) so for some reason all 3 pics points to the same place where you are storing - but no X's here - I can take a screenshot if you are not sure what i mean.

Okay now that is really weird...I must have posted the same thing because just some hours ago and last night, people were saying that they couldn't see any photos, only a red x. I'll have to get rid of those extra photos.

I'll save you the trouble of posting them DS - Just e-mail them
all directly to me at [email protected] and spare yourself
the aggrivation of those nasty little red X's!

*is joking, and yet serious at the same time*

:naughty ;) :rollin

JS :wave

The red x means that the picture that you have linked cannot be found as you linked it.
This normally happens for a variety of reasons. If the link was correct when you postted it, the picture may not be on the server any longer.
It can also indicate that you did the link wrong.

Basically all they mean is that the img tag linking you provided isn't finding any file to display.

Sometimes it is because the file name is too long. Try to rename the pics something simple like, PIC1, PIC2.. etc..
Bill
:gandalf

Here goes:

I'm sorry if I get this whole X thing wrong and all can see - but I understand it like you - DS - only get X's where the photos should be...
You've posted one photo where you are on your back with legs in the air - then you've posted another where the same pic is posted 3 times - I can only get one pic in a screenshot but it's there 3 times... pic looks like this:
untitled.JPG

again sorry if I have misunderstood something :dunno
To be able to show this screenshot I have uploaded it to my site and DS I will ofcourse delete it when you have seen it here ;)

Is it only me who can see this pic in the original post?
I know something was wrong since DS had it up 4 times, but I can see all 4... still can. :dunno
And yes, she is a stunner - no doubt about it :)

Back