Anyone know the story behind Asajj's face?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fubeca

Cage Fighter
Reaction score
Does anyone know the history behind the different faces of Asajj? Why did she go from this...
7190_press05-001.jpg

to this...?
71901_press03-001.jpg

What are the markings on her "pretty" face?

Just curious!

There's no story. Just two different interpretations of the character.

The bottom one is based on the stylized version of the character from the original animated CLONE WARS. The top one (standard) is based on the actual EU version of the character (which the new Clone Wars follows more closely... with pupils, markings, etc)

The "pretty" face is a truer representation of the original Episode II concept sketches. The "ugly" face is a result of the artistic license taken for the Clone Wars animated series. (I've blogged about it. Click the banner at the bottom of my post.)

Wasn't she suppose to be a Jedi but fell????

Anyway to me it's like a Before and After The Darkside.

What's the story behind Han's gut and Carrie's smoker voice by ROTJ?

Looking at the tattooed head makes me wonder why Aayla couldn't be as pretty. :monkey2

I mean, she's gorgeous. :banghead

And the story behind her face is that she was the daughter of a king and queen on a planet (Rattatak?) ruled by 12 warlords. Her parents were trying to bring peace to the planet when the warlords took them down. Shortly after, a jedi crash-landed there, and because it was too remote, he was unable to communicate with the temple on Coruscant (I guess the planet was pretty primitive as well).

Stranded, he found Asajj and chose to stay and train her. When he was killed, she lost it, annihilated the warlords (one mark on her skull for each) and swore eternal hatred of the jedi for having abandoned her master to his fate on her homeworld.

Or something like that.

Last edited:
Yeah she was originally a Jedi but was emotionally unstable like ole' Annie so she crashed. If you notice in the CW cartoon she is first seen with green and blue lightsabers. I wish SS had also made that part of the 12" figures accessories. I like to think of her more of a Jedi and use the more human sculpt when displaying than the CW sculpt.

**possible Asajj story spoiler**
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
She is 'redeemed' by the end of the Clone Wars during a final battle with Obi-Wan.

i might be in the minority here, but I liked the character from the CN Clone Wars. The character wreaks of hatred for the jedi and the pupil-less face and scowl only add to already good villain.

Can't wait for the TV show, pupils or no pupils, it will really flesh out Asajj.

I love the cartoon Asajj too. And there's really no inconsistency between her and the comic character. Other than looks.

August can't come fast enough.

Back