So, what are the odds???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Smaugs Fury

One day after Christmas, the first major earthquake struck off indonesia, generating a tremendous tsunami that killed hundreds of thousands of people.

One day after Easter, another major earthquake strikes the same region, just off Bandeh Aceh???

If you don't think these are significant signs....

www.pdtsigns.com

the Warning is coming people. Prepare for it.

please see the St. Faustina and Feast of Divine Mercy Sunday link - the Divine Mercy mass is THIS upcoming Sunday.

This news is just sad. Feel with the people in that area, but don't have a glue what they feel really...

Some of the governments has said there is not any danger for a new tsunami anymore - hope they're right!

Re: %

So High Elven and Mr FB, that is the most you can offer in this ? Not even any argument other than a blah?

You know, I might be wrong and that is fine - thw world will eventually be brought to justice for its debauchery, but if I am right, can you afford to mock God?

John 15:18-20 If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first...If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also."

First off, I feel for all those people and their families having to go through this AGAIN,

but it's interesting what you're getting at SF. I have to be critical right now but if this happens again a day after a big celebration...:dunno

The world's going "The Day After Tomorrow" end of the world mad, here in England there's countless magazines who just write about climate change and have pictures of London under water, they've been doing this for a while.

Religion is scary. But the people that push it are scarier. I have nothing against religious people, it is just unfortunate that so many of the words problems (or its debauchery as you say) stems directly from those very same people. People who believe they are ULTIMATELY right, and therefore, everybody else is ULTIMATELY wrong. Those are dangerous beliefs.

However Smaug, it is a very interesting point. I did not make that connection, but it is an interesting coincidence. And as for having to answer to God whenever that time does come, don't think because you believe and quote scripture you are any better off than those who don't.

Having said that, I don't think the end is near. And tellig peopl to prepare is just stupid. If it does end, then it ends and we'll all move on to something more. It isn't like you're going to have to pack!

Anyway.. that's what I think!

Quite. If God's out there, and if he wants to make a move, I'm sure he'll do it in his own good time. I can't see the Christian God causing all this trouble and suffering in Asia by way of dramatic build-up.

People have been sinful for ages, and for just about as long they've thought the world was about to end. Trouble has always been brewing, and it's a matter of perspective whether now is the worst time of all. I think it seems a lot worse to us because we're right in the middle of it. IMO it's very egocentric to think that we're important enough to bring about the apocalypse one way or the other.

That said, I have a liking for the whole 2012 thing, but that's because it's a comfortable amount of time away yet, and I find the Mayans to be generally more sympathetic than most Christians. Probably because I'm never confronted with them.

Anyway, what I don't understand is why people that believe in God feel the need to prove that which is impossible to prove by way of pseudo-science and poor argumentation. It's not going to convince any non-believers with an ounce of sense, and it makes you look as if you need confirmation of a belief that should be beyond any doubt. God may want you to spread the word, but doing it poorly doesn't help anyone.

re

The plates that collided that caused the tsunami have been moving around like that for a while now,nothing to do with GOd, exept if you believe that he created the world with the plates like they are for a reason. since the tsunami it has created a more unstable area there which has made the surrounding areas much more susseptible? to earthquakes and scientists have said there is a much higher chance of earthquakes and future tsunamis at any time, because the plates are overlapping and one is being pushed down. I find it just a strange coincidence, anyway, easter changes from year to year, god couldnt keep up with it, it confuses the heck out of me. But i seriously do feel for the people in the Indian ocean, they are putting up and struggling through a lot lately that is just bad luck on there part.
Theres a big article in national geographic this month about hte tsunamis thats really interesting, lots of info about them!
:p

Re: re

God....:rolleyes
I dont think it has anything to do with him, mainly becuase I belive he doesnt exist, and that we evolved and the world was created from a big bang ect. If god was real why would he hurt people? After all didnt Jesus die on the cross for us...?:idea :rolleyes
thw world will eventually be brought to justice for its debauchery, but if I am right, can you afford to mock God?
IF "god" exists then no, but I belive so strongly that he doesnt exsit, that yes I can afford to mock "God".

Im open for lots of debate, I like debating about God and stuff, I do it often at school.

The end is nigh...sell your home...scrap your polystone....lose your virginity...jump off London Bridge!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and how they'd like to account or justify what goes on in the world but that site sounds to me is just like scare-mongering crap. Besides, we're too insignificant to save ourselves from the Apocalypse anyway (save preventing global warming, and nuclear world war) so why waste our time worrying about it?

I pray for those victim to the Earthquake, as well as those in the world that are in constant suffering away from the worlds cameras.

HE, do you reckon if we went far back enough, we'd all be swinging off trees? Personally, I think that would suck more than anything. Especially if our existence was 'incidental', a Big Bang? Again, how, what, where, why, what is 'time'? Alot of people like to believe in the Almighty, as a way of making sense of things, of nature, of how it comes to be the sun always sets and the sun always rises. When you look into the horizon and you see lush green fields (not in England! but say on holiday somewhere, :p ), stunning waterfalls...and nature at peace.

Could it all be just an accident? I'd hate it if it were, I want to believe there is a stronger force out there responsible for it all. For both good and bad. Would you prefer if our lives were always so cushy, we'd never experience true happiness? Alot of people ask for God to "show us a sign", but he/she ( if i have to be politically correct) has already given us the world.

But regardless of all i've said, it's pointless to debate religion/God, as no one knows the answers to these questions.

:peace

WS, no green fields, waterfalls etc in England? You need to travel round the country more ;) ;p

Come to sunny Scotland, we have plenty of green fields here.Well it rains enough to keep them flourishing :lol

Shell
x
:toast :gimli

lol.. sorry... I rarely see anything outside of Birmingham, and the only fields I see are the farms on the way to Heathrow...it's almost always raining, overcast, and lets not forget having to wind up the windows else suffer terribly....

:lol

High Elven, Atheist over here too, you're not alone in what you believe.
HE, do you reckon if we went far back enough, we'd all be swinging off trees?
I know this question wasn't addressed to me but my answer for that question is No, WE didn't swing from trees, a ancient ancestor of ours did that you wouldn't look at and think of it as WE, but as a deferent type of animal, distantly related to human beings.
As for "Especially if our existence was 'incidental'" as an Atheist, I'd have to say yes, it was incidental. But you can look at Evolution as a Theist and see that it as a very elaborate and deliberate master plan by a Creator or Creators.
The Big Bang, same as the Evolution topic, I believe it was just incidental and you could see this as part of a plan by a Creator or Creators.

My personal reason for doubting the existence of a God or Gods, is because There is No proof for the existence of such a thing beyond Religious Dogma or Texts, which I do believe was invented by Human Beings as some type of explanation for life and existence, not a creation of God or Gods of any sort.
And my reason for not believing any Religion, is because they are filled with so many inconstancies, mistakes, contradictions, and things that are uniquely human in nature, That a God has nothing to do with them. They also conflict with science which is our understanding of our existence. If a God did exist, the religious Dogma/texts would conflict with our understanding of God's creation, which to me shows that religions are created solely by people with limited knowledge, not by a God with infinite knowledge. This is again, just my opinion.

But regardless of all I've said, it's pointless to debate religion/God, as no one knows the answers to these questions.
Very true, these beliefs (including Atheism) are opinions not facts, I would prefer we not to talk about religious concerns on this site. It could always start a fight or argument that is unanswerable and pointless. The saying that the two things you don't talk about at work are Politics and Religion apply here as well in my opinion.

Back