Hello from Louisiana

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pain

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hello.

My name is Carl Ohlsson

I am a 27 year old male from New Orleans

I am married, and I have three children

I am an Ironworker/Welder, and I am in the process of starting my own construction company.

I have been collecting Comics, and Action Figres since I was born in 1981.
I have been collecting them unopened since 1991.

I am always buying and selling on ebay as skippy665 or other toy forums as pain.

In 2000, my home and toy collection of nearly 20 years was destroyed.
I then started to rebuild my favorites.........Masters of the Universe, Thundercats, GI Joe, Star Wars, and Transformers.

I had amassed quite a collection again, until it was destroyed by Hurricane Katrina in 2005. (We had 8 foot of water.)

I have started again, to rebuild (nothing can stop me), but my collection is nothing compared to what it was 3 years ago, and that was nothing compared to before the fire.

Ramble over. Thanks for reading.

Chris Paul rules! :rock

chris.paul.jpg

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome. I do belong to a lot of internet forums, but this is shaping up quickly into one of my favorites. Look forward to chatting with you all.

Hello from Louisiana...from me too..."pain". I grew up around the Lafayette, LA area, and I've lived in Slidell, LA near New Orleans, since marrying a girl from here at the end of 1994. We were VERY blessed to not have been hit that hard by Katrina. My in-law's a few blocks away from my apartment had a few inches of water inside their home. They did have to pull up some sheetrock and replace some furniture, but their house is back in order. We had some wind damage around our apartment. Lots of downed pine trees, roof shingles, and trash and stuff...but no damage or loss of anything in our apartment. More importantly no loss of lives.

I have collected toys, comic books and movie posters since I was a kid in the 1970s. I am 37 years-old now. I have most of my collection in a "climate-controlled" storage room on the other side of town. It is quite a huge collection, especially the hundreds of movie posters I have rolled up in tubes! So when we evacuated to Houston during Katrina's arrival, I was concerned about my stuff since I had never really lost everything before. We we're very lucky we didn't lose a thing in our apartment other than spoiled food in the refrigerator.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. So many people in our area lost everything, and some of them still haven't had the chance to "rebuild" like others have. The aftermath of Katrina will be felt for MANY years to come. It is good to know that you are able to start rebuilding your collection and your life after that horrible hurricane. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Welcome to the "Sideshow Freaks board"! :D

Back