NEW DR WHO SERIES!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

Winged Shadows

Just aired in the UK...(so heads up Torrent Freaks *cough* smaug*cough*)

Was a bit skeptical, regarding casting, Billiee Pipperrr ??? whatttt??? :thud

But she's actually pretty good, as is the guy playing the Doctor. It was much better than I had anticipated - it made me laugh anyway.

:clap

(Shame about the Daleks though)

I've read some less than stellar reviews of this. And Sci-Fi here in the states passing on it isn't a good sign. But I'm still curious - I liked the little of Who that I've seen.

re

I thought it was great! And it had the Autons - they scared me as a kid - couldn't walk past a shop window for weeks after....

re

Christopher Eccleston (excuse spelling...) is great as the Doctor! Just enough quirkiness for the roll.

Didn't much like the soft-focus look of it though, and it felt a bit too kiddy-fied for a 7:00pm show. Still, all in all I enjoyed it.

Oh, and the Daleks come later in the series...!

Re: re

Never seen an episode of it before last night, I liked it. Yeah the Daleks come later on, I saw a clip of one chained up not long ago.
Hugh Grant would have made a better Doctor, but Chris was good. He needed a scarf though :lol And longer hair.

When the anti-plastic went into the lava, was I the only one who said "The ring is destroyed"?

Oh must have missed that about the Daleks, I heard there'd been some issues over royalties or direction...and they wouldn't return.

:doh

Yeah they will be in Ep 6, The new Doctor is o.k but in some of the
scenes he acted like a complete nonce and a Pratt, They should have stuck with there original plan and used Edie Izzard has the Doc.:rock

But she's actually pretty good, as is the guy playing the Doctor. It was much better than I had anticipated

Ditto.

All the hype it had been getting too was worrying me; but I reckon it lived up to that pretty grandly. It was a corker of a first episode - marvellous having two leads who can act and a writer who can write; something Who hasn't had for quite a long while.

I've seen far more positive reviews than bad in the media. Good family entertainment like it used to be... and, unlike the TV movie, still quintessentially British :)

Nick
btw, not only a Dalek in ep.6 but reportedly many, many more in 12/13 too.

re

I've just read that there'll be another series. No word on whether Chris Ecclestone will return though...... Regeneration!

Christopher Eccleston has quit as Doctor Who after just one episode of the new series has been screened, the BBC has confirmed.

Eccleston, whose first appearance as the ninth Time Lord attracted around 10 million viewers, feared being typecast.

Talks are taking place to replace him with Casanova star David Tennant.

Full article here:

<a href="https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/4395849.stm" target="_new">news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/4395849.stm</a>

Wouldn't Richard Coyle make a good doctor? I don't know if they're playing him straight or campy but Jeff could handle it either way I think.

Back