Steranko Concept Artwork

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjkelley

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Does anyone know where one could buy some of the original concept artwork for Indiana Jones from Jim Steranko? Much appreciated if anyone has info. I have searched the web but I am not coming up with anything. Thanks.

Shameless plug alert, here's an approximately 1/12th figure I customized a little over a year ago.

steranko-comparisons.jpg

The original artwork is unattainable, but there will actually be a printed coffee table STERANKO Art Book in July and in fact the RAIDERS image above is what is being solicited as the cover. :rock

I guess after re-reading my post, it could be taken as a little misleading. I am not actually looking to buy the original artwork, but in fact a copy of that artwork. Similar to the Ralph McQuarrie 11x14 prints that were offered at Celebration IV.

Superado, nice job on the customized concept Indy. That figure you came up with looks amazing!

I got it from a well known East coast autograph collector @ the Reblescum.com autograph forum.He got it from a private Charity signing only 3 of these were signed 2 uninscribed and 1 inscribed to him.This guy's got tons of authentic Indy,Star Wars and Marvel stuff and been collecting in-person graphs forever.

You don't know what "Steranko" means unless you speak Croatian... or Ukrainian.

(Hey, my grandmother was Ukrainian.)

Come to think of it, same goes for "Spalko". And any other name ending in "-ko."

;)

I guess after re-reading my post, it could be taken as a little misleading. I am not actually looking to buy the original artwork, but in fact a copy of that artwork. Similar to the Ralph McQuarrie 11x14 prints that were offered at Celebration IV.

The Steranko art that you are looking for was an insert into an issue of Steranko's publication Prevue. Supergraphics still has that issue for sale. The site is https://www.prevuemag.com

Here is the blurb about it from the site:

NO. 43--RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK production art poster book by Steranko; film fear: John Carpenter, Joe Dante, David Cronenberg interviewed; Frank Oz on Yoda and the Muppets; Oliver Stone interview; The Legend of the Lone Ranger and Flash Gordon bonus filmbooks; Marlon Brando and George C. Scott in The Formula; Robin Williams and Shelley Duvall in Popeye; Al Williamson on Planet Mongo. $5.00

Use the phone number on the site to order it. I have the issue and the insert is great!
Regards,
Tony

I'm guessing this isn't Steranko, but I'd like to know who did the artwork for the first UK edition of the Raiders paperback. There's no signature on the picture or a reference anywhere in the book:

DSCN3652.jpg

DSCN3653.jpg

Tony, thank you for the info. Can you confirm the dimensions of the insert? Is there a main seam that will have staple holes? The insert is the exact pic I have posted? Thanks in advance!

Tony, thank you for the info. Can you confirm the dimensions of the insert? Is there a main seam that will have staple holes? The insert is the exact pic I have posted? Thanks in advance!

The art was inserted in that issue, but not stapled into the seam. So no staple holes in it. It includes the exact pic you posted with no type. It also has the 3 other paintings he did for the project. It was a fair sized insert. You will see the paintings well.

Back