The Official Indiana Jones Magazine. Now Taking Subscriptions.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
From the same folks that bring you STAR WARS INSIDER (and pretty much every other pop-culture fan magazine)...

6 Issues a year, beginning in May.

https://expressmagtitan.com/site/index.cfm?Page=Produits&ProduitID=236&ArchiveID=237&Depart=1

Issue #1 is a Special KOTCS Commemorative Movie Ed. Souvenir Mag:

ph_462.jpg

While I'm in, I do find it odd. How long can they sustain a bi-monthly INDY magazine once the KOTCS hype wears off? Perhaps this lends even more credence to the theory about continued films?

I ordered my subscription earlier this month. They had a link on the site that took you to the page for the Indy Mag. It also costs more than SWI.

Just put in my subscription order.......:rock

Noticed they are publishing an Indiana Jones comic as well....Wonder if thats worth a look?

I'm a big Indy fan, but I'm not sure if this magazine or even Hasbro's Toy Line will last long. There just aren't the character selections that Star Wars has to support something for so long after the last film was released. Only time will tell I guess.

I'm a big Indy fan, but I'm not sure if this magazine or even Hasbro's Toy Line will last long. There just aren't the character selections that Star Wars has to support something for so long after the last film was released. Only time will tell I guess.

I'm just enjoying it while I can. At least I know by the end of it I'll have Temple of Doom & Last Crusade figures and a Sideshow Indy.

You never know though - everything depends on what they do next, if anything. A cartoon series or even another movie? Maybe an Indy EU with novels, comics and cartoons? It doesn't have the character selections of Star Wars, but it's still a pretty rich universe, if they choose to do something with it.

Anybody who subscribed get their copy of this yet??

Looks like there will be some kind of variant cover:

8eeb_1.JPG

Yeah, Titan always does variant covers of their magazines now. Usually the Diamond Distributors version (that goes to comic shops) is the variant, but sometimes subscribers get a variant as well. Not sure about this one, though. I haven't received my first issue in the mail from my subscription, but I may buy one this Wednesday/Thursday anyway if it doesn't come in the mail by then.

I haven't gotten mine yet either and I have a single copy on order from Indy Shop. Wonder if either one of them will get me this cover?

Hmm... good question. I could see SWS/IndyShop having an exclusive cover, but it doesn't mention that.

Since this is the first issue (and a Commerative Movie Edition, so basically a souvenir program) I won't mind having more than one copy.

That's kind of what I was thinking too. Just in case the post office butchers my in the mail copy.

Isn't this a little late?
I mean it would have made sense to come out last year and feed you little tidbits about the new flick in production while filling the rest of the pages with stories about the past films.

With that missed opportunity, I don't see this magazine succesfully lasting more than a year unless they plan the next sequel.
Mutt Williams and the Phantom Drag Racer
-theropod

It's all going to depend on how well the new movie is received (and how many new Indy fans it spawns).

Besides, I don't know how risky an INDY magazine is for a company that still publishes magazines for CHARMED, STARGATE and other much lesser properties.

They press a magazine for Charmed? Is that that WB tv show about witches with the ex-90210 cast or whatever? I can't imagine who they have advertising in that one.
-theropod

They press a magazine for Charmed? Is that that WB tv show about witches with the ex-90210 cast or whatever? I can't imagine who they have advertising in that one.
-theropod

Yep. And as far as I know the show doesn't even air new episodes anymore, yet they still publish a regular magazine.

Titan now publishes all of the following official magazines:

STAR WARS INSIDER
INDIANA JONES
LOST
HEROES
STAR TREK
STARGATE
CHARMED
TORCHWOOD
GREY'S ANATOMY
CSI
SMALLVILLE
SUPERNATURAL

With that lineup, I can't imagine they'd be too worried about the viability of Indiana Jones. :lol

I've never even heard of a couple of those media properties they have magazines for. Perhaps they sell advertising packages that cover all the titles. That way they can bloat thier subscription/distribution numbers without falsifying anything.
Nevertheless, the new version of the Star Wars Insider was pretty weak. Hopefully it was just due to the publisher transition and will improve with the next issue as well as with the Indy magazine.
-theropod

Back