Hasbro Indiana Jones 12" (whipping/talking) figures review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
I haven't found any more Indy figures since last Thursday, but tonight I'm checking out two of the 12" figures I picked up that day. There are actually five different 12" figures in this first wave, broken up into two assortments. One assortment has Talking Indy, Whipping Indy, Mutt, and the German Soldier (those are the four I found). The other assortment swaps the German for a Cairo Swordsman.

I'm looking at the two Indy's first, whipping action and talking action. Keep in mind that these are only $20, which considering the probable cost of the license and the quality of the accessories and outfits, is pretty amazing. Don't get me wrong, they still have some serious issues, especially the talking Indy. But if you're looking for great Indy sixth scale figures for your kids to get them indoctrinated to the scale, at least the whipping version will fit the bill.

You can find the review at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Great review, but I just can't bring myself to buy them for myself, if only I had sons in stead of daughters.
No, scrub that I'd have to feign interest in cars and football.

I am buying these for my boys and will be getting the ark so it's a wash for me. But I will be using the swordsman for some custom work.

Great review Michael! Was a very fun read and makes me look forward to getting these actually. I know after looking at them @ SDCC I wasn't so sure as IrishJedi discusses the rest of the weekend, but knowing he and I have both come around to getting them. They're going to be fun to collect and don't mind having them at all.

I have both Indy's, German Solider, and Swordsman coming so I can get that Ark. I plan on putting the Ark with my Sideshow Indy.

It looks good in the pics we've seen so lets hope. I've got the 3 3/4 Indy with Ark coming and looking forward to that.

that ark looks magnificent. Like, really magnificent. i dunno if a SSC one could top it, unless its made outta polystone and even then i'd choose the hasbro one cuz i break things made of polystone.

Yea, I'm hoping that the Ark kicks ass...the 3 3/4" version is pretty good, so I'm hopeful

The pics of it (1/6th version) at ToyFair looked insane. I'm sure the lighting they had at their set-up helped a lot. But it looked damned exact, right down to the tapestry on the poles. I think there's even sand inside (maybe molded, not sure). The pics are floating around somewhere.

A must-have for any SS and/or Hasbro display.

review_indy2_large.jpg

:lol Great pic! :lol

Please God, let this be made of chocolate!!!
review_indy2_13.jpg

Great reviews Michael, that talking figure is pretty horrendous, even for mass market. But I have to admit that regular Indy isn't that bad, definitely a lot better than I would have suspected... and his shot is particularly nice!

review_indy2_17.jpg

Well, you could buy the whipping Indy, put the head on a new body, buy some Relic hunter parts, like the jacket... and you'd have a damn nice Custom Indy. :rock

I'm definitely buying both... I have ALWAYS wanted an ark of the covenant replica and like mentioned, this one looks amazing.

I'll probably end up turning the talking Indy into a nameless jedi or something :p

The Whip-Action Indy is really not bad at all for a $20 figure. :clap

Now I have my plan in place to acquire the Mail-Away Ark: I'll actually get one of the whip-action Indys for myself for fodder, and I'll get a Cairo Swordsman as well. And for my son I'll get another whip-action Indy and Mutt.

I just can't spend any money on that talking one, though. :monkey4

Give the jacket, shirt and idol to the whip action Indy and that's one decent Hasbro Indy. Then get the swordman and either Mutt or the german and that's the 4 ya need for the Ark.

Or just wait till the Sideshow Ark. :joy

No one likes the talking Indy face and hat, but the voice feature has me intrigued. If it's decent it could be ok to put in a custom at some point.

On first take, without reading any MWC's review and just scanning through the images, these things look like crap. I guess if I was a kid, I wouldn't care so much, especially if I was eventually going to bury them in the backyard and/or set them on fire somehow. Know I know why we pay $80 for a figure.

Give the jacket, shirt and idol to the whip action Indy and that's one decent Hasbro Indy. Then get the swordman and either Mutt or the german and that's the 4 ya need for the Ark.

Or just wait till the Sideshow Ark. :joy

No one likes the talking Indy face and hat, but the voice feature has me intrigued. If it's decent it could be ok to put in a custom at some point.

The talking feature is actually pretty cool. The teeth and tongue are all sculpted, so he doesn't end up looking like BJ Indy...which is what I feared.

Back