Rate the Indy headsculpts!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Indy headsculpts!

• Sideshow PF, Sideshow 12", Medicom 12"

Votes: 67 72.8%
  • Sideshow PF, Medicom 12", Sideshow 12"

Votes: 17 18.5%
  • Sideshow 12", Sideshow PF, Medicom 12"

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Sideshow 12", Medicom 12", Sideshow PF

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Medicom 12", Sideshow PF, Sideshow 12"

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Medicom 12", Sideshow 12", Sideshow PF

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

Prime Clone

Super Freak
Reaction score
Please rate the Indy headsculpts in order of preference. I didn't include Gentle Giant, Toys McCoy or Arnie Kim (or Hasbro!) because there aren't enough options, and it would've gotten too complicated anyway.

For the record, I'm voting Sideshow PF, Medicom 12", Sideshow 12". I have to admit I was a little disappointed with Trev's 12" sculpt when I saw it painted. Maybe it was just the paint job, time will tell ...

But the SS PF is killer!

Last edited:
I would actually order them SS PF, Medi 1/6 and then SS 1/6. I think the Medicom proto likeness beats out the SS but just slightly.

1.PF
(Awesome likeness and I hope it survives the production process)
2.SSC 1/6
(Doesn't look quite as good with a SSC paintjob but there's no doubting the quality of the sculpt when unpainted. I'll be intrested to see what it looks like after one of the top customisers have repainted it)

3.Medicom 1/6.
(If this is the best they can do with non Asian actors then it's no wonder most of their Star Wars figures have been faceless armored characters)

I'd go PF, Sideshow followed by Medicom. Although the PF being larger does have a bit of an unfair advantage since I would imagine its a **little** easier to cram detail into it.

And Medicom, while not terrible, just isn't that accurate looking to me.

1.PF
(Awesome likeness and I hope it survives the production process)
2.SSC 1/6
(Doesn't look quite as good with a SSC paintjob but there's no doubting the quality of the sculpt when unpainted. I'll be intrested to see what it looks like after one of the top customisers have repainted it)

3.Medicom 1/6.
(If this is the best they can do with non Asian actors then it's no wonder most of their Star Wars figures have been faceless armored characters)

I agree 100%.

as far as headsculpts go

PF=10

SSC 1/6th=9.8

Medicom=7.5

Way better than any previously released however.

I'd go PF, Sideshow followed by Medicom. Although the PF being larger does have a bit of an unfair advantage since I would imagine its a **little** easier to cram detail into it.

And Medicom, while not terrible, just isn't that accurate looking to me.

Exactly how I feel as well. :rock

I got in depth with this decision.

Based on the sculpt's alone...I voted:
Sideshow PF, Sideshow 12'', Medicom 12''

However...I believe the paint applications on the prototype 12'' Sideshow figure are inferior to the Medicom 12''. Just something about the prototype paint job that Sideshow did doesn't look right to me.

But having seen Trevor's sculpt underneath all the paint, it is amazing. I just hope the paint for the production can complement it better.

So someone actually thinks medicom sculpt is better then the PF sculpt ?

He must be on some serious drugs.
Please tell me what kind of !

The Medicom sculpt looks just a bit like he is offering candy to a kid in a back alley somewhere. There's some odd mood to his face that creeps me out. It's probably supposed to be the Indy Smirk, but it comes off looking mentally challenged, pedophilic, or both.

The thing with the Medicom Indy sculpt is that with a bit more tweaking it would be great but like several of their other non Asian sculpts it's lacking that extra bit of something to really make it stand out and if they aren't willing to go that extra mile to improve things further then they should stick to anime based stuff.

The Medicom looks more like ford than the SS 12''....I don't even know who that is.

We're talking about the SCULPTS. You really think that the Medicom sculpt looks more like Ford than this???:

021408_indy_01.jpg

That OWNS the Medi sculpt and is only surpassed by the PF sculpt.

It's the shoddy paint job on the prototype that should be questioned. But the sculpt is there, and it is terrific.

Back