The Official "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" movie thread *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ringer

Super Freak
Reaction score
hobbit2.jpg

Now that it is official I figured it would be nice to have on thread dedicated to the Hobbit.For every thig dealing with The hobbit please insert here. This wait is going to be agonizing!:D

Last edited:
Re: The Official "The Hobbit" movie thread

I am still waiting to hear that John Howe and Alan Lee are "in" as well. Once I hear that then I will be 100% satisfied. :tap

Just thought id say this is a great idea for a thread now that is official cant wait to see a final result in 2010 but for now i'll be happy once i hear John Howe, Alan Lee and Howard Shore are a big part of the Hobbit :monkey1

Just thought id say this is a great idea for a thread now that is official cant wait to see a final result in 2010 but for now i'll be happy once i hear John Howe, Alan Lee and Howard Shore are a big part of the Hobbit :monkey1

Good news for ya bro your wish is about 1/3th granted! Shore is already in!

Such great news!!!!! GDT will be great and though it is a long wait I am going to relish it all.

Good news for ya bro your wish is about 1/3th granted! Shore is already in!

Cheers mate now my day is 1/3 better :joy:joy:joy

Cant wait to here more news on the Hobbit but I would not expect pre-production to start until maybe the end of this year?

Oh yes Peter and del Toro you should get your A$$'s moving before Ian McKellen or Christopher Lee get to sick and......

Sounds promising and loving the LOTR films i just hope there is a great deal of PJ influence in the movies but also with something a bit different from Del Toro.:cool:

Don't want much :D but anything similar to the standard of the rings will keep us all smiling.:)

Wow this is a great great director for this movie. Awesome choice.

I think 2011 and 2012 are the proposed release dates, I really can't see them getting the first film done for a 2010 release.

Saying that Ian Mckellen seemingly believes otherwise as his website has updated with a listing of him playing Gandlaf in 2010.

Another little mystery. While the original Variety article says (as have most previous reports) the 2nd film will be the events between TH and LotR Yahoo and other sources have updated their news items saying that info is incorrect and New Line are saying both films will be based on the Hobbit.

It could just be that until the scripts are written (who's doing them I wonder, just GDT or him and PJ/Fran/Philipa) they don't want to confirm things one way or the other.

From GDT Interview at TORn

GDT: Yes, the essential elements for keeping continuity are on track, in the last few weeks I’ve been chatting with a ton of people via email, phone, and in person from the previous films. People like Andy Serkis, Sir Ian McKellen, Howard Shore, John Howe, Gino Acevedo, Richard Taylor next week I’m meeting Alan Lee. I’m doing this to ensure that whatever we do we keep continuity with the other films, yes it’s a world that is slightly more golden at the beginning, a very innocent environment.

https://www.theonering.net/torwp/20...-with-torn-about-the-hobbit-films/#more-28747

He also states that the 2nd film will be set (at least partly) between TH and FotR.

Sounds like things like the attack on Dol Guldur will be seen in full in the 2nd film with maybe just a hint to them in The Hobbit film.

GDT: You know, I traveled to New Zealand just a little while ago, and one of the main reasons for going was to sit down and talk about the second film. ‘The Hobbit’, the book, is really one self-contained film, so for the second movie we sat down and worked it out. When we did this we got really excited because this second film is not a ‘tag on’, it’s not ‘filler’, it’s an integral part of telling the story of those 50 years of history lost in the narrative. There will be certain things that we will see from the first movie but from a different point of view, but it will feel like a volume, in the 5 volumes of the entire story. It will not feel like a bridge, I’ve been hearing it called ‘a bridge film’, it’s not, it’s an integral chapter of the story, and I think we’re all on the same page.

Back