A Newb's Beginning

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjk1000000

Super Freak
Reaction score
042408_18511.jpg

This, my friends, is my collection (excluding my ForceFX Lightsaber). Yes, it may be small, but think of the potential. Currently, I have spent roughly $305 on it. The pieces are just sitting on my desk/dresser because my Curio is full (I'll get to that in a second). I've only been colllecting for about a month now. I had my interest in Airsoft and Wrestling, but those two hobbies have made a new friend.

Now, this is the rerason for my collection being so small.
042408_18561.jpg

Over $1000 of Wrestling Memorabilia.

My future plans are packing up some of the wrestling stuff in order to make room in my curio. Also, I must buy a few more Curio Cabinets that will accomadate 12" to 22" figures. And lastly, I must, MUST buy a camera!

As a "Newb" I understand that I am subject to constructed criticism. Yet, all advice and comments are appreciated. I really need help with dust! Any suggestions or help with dust control would be appreciated DEARLY!

Thank you,
CJK

hey cjk : how many fighters !!!!!!!!!!!!! , unfortunately the quality of the picture , tries to put new !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

I do apologize for the quality of the picture. I took the pics using my Razr. As stated it the original post, I am in dire need of an actual camera. Coming soon.

-CJK

WWF sucks now bro....it was the ^^^^ when the Rock, Austin, and DX ruled!

Bring back the Monday Night Wars!!!

Cool collection tho bro...Dust sucks...use a can...feather dusters or swifters can get caught on things and cause breakage..

If possible, could we please get back to the Movie Figures? I came in search of advice, not Wrestling Rant.

Thank you

If possible, could we please get back to the Movie Figures? I came in search of advice, not Wrestling Rant.

Thank you

:tap :tap :tap :slap guess I should'nt say anything about early 80's WWF. Hillbilly Jim, Iron sheik ,Junk yard dog and George the animal steel? :nono nice start though. canned air works. and I have heard some use an air purafier to keep the dust out.

Very nice Man,i must say,you have an outstanding wwe display,I used to have alot of Classic Superstars figures myself,but i was only into Shawn Michaels,its all sold now,the remaining piece i have left is a HBK Signed Classic wwf belt.

Nice start on the movie stuff,i hope it will only grow,keep it up.

UPDATE: Just ordered two rare figures! I suppose you'll find out when they arrive. Also, I will be moving some of my Wrestling Figures and adding my Movie Characters into the Curio Cabinet.

-CJK

UPDATE: I "Curio'd" my current figures and moved the wrestling stuff down to a lower platform. I will add my little Venom and next characters as soon as they arrive. I would have been able to leave the top-shelf intact if it were not for Myers and the upcoming guy!

042708_20491.jpg

-CJK

Nice collection man! Is the Myers mask in your avatar part of the collection as well? I used to have a whole mess of Myers masks from Cemetary Gates but sold them all.

UPDATE: Today, after getting home from school, I discovered that my new figure had arrived. This is 1 of 2. I'll get back to that later. Here he is;
050208_18281.jpg

That's right folks, my favorite Freddy; The New Nightmare Freddy! This being only my 2nd SideShow figure, was just as awesome as my first. I opened him up, and due to reports, expected the claws to be broken off. Luckily, everything was intact. The only flaws I noticed were a few white spots on his coat. This was taken care of with a simple wiping down.
I had a time trying to find a position for the stand. I tryed putting the metal piece around his waist, under the coat, but it made him look as though he had the ass of a horse. So, I lowered it all the way down and put it around his legs, which the coat covers. I played with several different poses, but I think that I like this one the most.
On another note, I packed up more of the wrestling figures and made room for Freddy, the upcoming "guy", and a future figure that I have in mind.
050208_18271.jpg

I also received my SideShow Catalog, which is virtually free due to the included $10 Gift Card. This book is awesome and makes for a perfect decorative peice for a coffee table. I have yet to actually read it, but during a rather quick once-through, I was impressed. I have plans on adding the boxes of my figures and this book to a "mantle", if you will, above my bed. Thus removing the writing trophies, diecast model cars, and White Tiger Statue.
050208_18282.jpg

Another piece that was not seen or mentioned in my last post was the Force FX Luke Skywalker ANH Lightsaber. I love this thing! I want a plexiglass case to sit over it though. Currently, it's just sitting on the floor since I'll be remodeling my room soon.
050208_18291.jpg

Also, I made a few developments with my dust problem, but still haven't completely gotten rid of it. When I turn my ceiling fan off, dust doesn'y seem to collect as quickly. I also taped up the hole in the top of my curio that allows power to run to the internal light. Now, no dust reachs the inside of it.

I now need some small, almost tiny lights to put around Freddy's base to light him up and give that eary effect. I'm looking for something with, roughly, the diameter of a quarter. If you all know of anything, please let me know.

Thanks again for all comments and advice,
CJK

Thank you

Why would you post a pic of all your wrestling stuff if you didn't want anyone to comment on it?? :confused::confused: Do love your Myers stuff. :rock :rock

Back