Oh boy: INDY NASCAR Car On The Way

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
Damn, the floodgates really are open all the way :google :

Driving Awareness for New Mint Crisps

Kyle Busch's #18 M&M'S® Brand Toyota Camry will sport a special Indiana Jones-themed paint scheme, and Busch will wear a matching fire suit during the Dodge Challenger 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup race in Darlington, South Carolina, on May 10. The special paint scheme features:

- Movie title decals on the hood, trunk and TV panel;

- An image of Indiana Jones with his iconic hat and whip on the left
rear panel;

- The M&M'S® Brand Red, Green and Yellow characters sporting various
Indiana Jones-themed outfits.

The M&M'S® Brand Racing team also plans to feature fun Indiana Jones-themed activities for fans attending the Darlington race, giving them a literal taste of the adventure.

I also have no doubt that they'll be selling 1:24 and 1:64 replicas of the car, just like the did with SW.

:rolleyes:

this is Lucas ya know.

you'll be SICK of Indy in a matter of months.

Lucas Marketing is in process of raping your childhood .....

this is Lucas ya know.

you'll be SICK of Indy in a matter of months.

Lucas Marketing is in process of raping your childhood .....

It's a good thing I now have the willpower to ignore the stuff I don't like/want.

I learned a lot as both a fan and a collector thanks to the EPISODE I experience. :sick

yawn.jpg

That's probably true. Especially if the movie is just so-so.

Indy is no Star Wars. I wonder how this will all pan out by years end? Marketing genius or blunder?

No matter how KOTCS turns out, I'll never grow tired of the characters or some of the original films (particularly RAIDERS, which I feel is a true masterpiece and better than any SW flick).

And you're right... INDY is no STAR WARS. And thank God for that (or at least, thank Spielberg).

No matter how KOTCS turns out, I'll never grow tired of the characters or some of the original films (particularly RAIDERS, which I feel is better than any SW flick).

And you're right... INDY is no STAR WARS. And thank God for that (or at least, thank Spielberg).

No doubt RAIDERS is a much better crafted film than any SW movie. There's really no comparison.

But SW is a world, and Indy is a character. I meant more about the merchandising. I'm wondering if kiddies will be eager to get behind an old man with a whip that they didn't grow up with. For them, I guess it's the action pieces and Shai that has to grab them.

But in many ways, this Indy looks like an 'old man's Indy movie' to me. Not just Ford, but Marion and everyone else (including behind the scenes).

I have no doubt this Indy will do better than some of the other retro-sequels like Die Hard 4 and Rambo 4...but I do wonder who's gonna buy all this stuff that's coming out. I'm a rabid fan, and I'm only getting a few pieces here and there.

Oh, I hear ya. Trust me. There is no question that Lucasfilm is whoring the INDY brand and character until it crashes. It's what they do.

The onus is on us to... like you say... pick and choose and put blinders on to avoid getting burned out from the overkill and all of the zany stuff.

I don't think this is any worst than the Burger King, breakfast cereals or any other various marketing crap that's coming out. There will be people out there who buy this stuff.

The onus is on us to... like you say... pick and choose and put blinders on to avoid getting burned out from the overkill and all of the zany stuff.

So do you have some kind of a word of the day calendar, this is the second time you've used onus today :lol

Exhibit B:
Maybe the onus should be on THEM to make their figures truer to 1/6 and have more rational, sliding-scale pricing?

Back