Sticker Removal Help

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SamAKALiz

Okay, can someone please give me the best advice on how to remove heinous store price tag glue from the plastic view window of a figure? Without it marring the window in any way???

Thanks in advance for your intelligent, clever and amusing remarks! :bow :lol

samantha
flower.gif

Usually for unsightly adhesive inevitably left behind by price tags, stickers etc, I usually use a rubber cement eraser that will pick the stuff up if you dab at it. Sometimes with more success than others.

I hear people recommending 'goo gone' or something like that all the time as well- might give that a shot.

Spray a bit of WD-40 on a tissue then gently wipe the glue. It will soften the glue and it will wipe right off. Then use a clean tissue to clean it all up.

There is also a product called Goo Gone, or something like that. Works pretty well.

:mwaha ..... and what do you do to remove the black smears.

Even if it does work, (does it?), probably hard to get a hold of in the states. Tastes good but.

Thanks Bodie. I was waiting for a response like that... Now the ball's rolling! :clap

Vegemite...:puke :( :\ :rolleyes :sick :google

Takes like crap... makes me gag just smelling it.
Arrrgghhh disgusting.

Now now, just eat your crusts or you'll get curly hair.

Oh yes, Scotch 700 adhesive cleaner and solvent. Used in artwork and more industrial, so testing on plastics is needed. I don't think there would be a problem if you sprayed some onto a rag, dabbed it on and wiped it off straight away. It evaporates fairly rapidly but not instantly.

Back