The New Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dstephan

First pics of the suit - well, it's darker. I wouldn't have a problem with it if the red were brighter. Reminds me of the evil Superman from #3. Like the 3D effect on the shield. But like the Batman costume - I'm going to have to see it in action I guess. Right now I'm a bit disappointed.

Superherohype - New Suit!

Wow, I didn't think they'd be able to fudge up something as simple as Superman's COSTUME, but they have (in my opinion). It just screams 'bad TV movie' to me... I also think it's funny how people keep referring to it as a "classic look", when it is not even remotely so. :dunno

I'm with Dave, the colors are the most distracting thing. And the little olympic-swimmer-speedo sized briefs, that looks a little odd. I can get over the sculpted emblem, but it should be much bigger on the chest. The whole thing just turns me off bigtime.

It's almost futile to try and bring something like this into the "real world", so rather than try and end up with something like this I wish they would have just grown some kahones and gone with the traditional look.

Yuck.

BUT, I'm trying not to waver in my faith in Brian Singer. I thought the leather X-Men garb was lame too but I love those movies. I just have to remind myself not to get too judgemental.....Yet...

They should've gone with a more classic look.

Although in some ways I can understand a more 'modern' approach- the problem with this for me is that it appears to be somewhere in the middle.

It looks better in the high res version- the spiderman-ish texture is kinda cool, well better than it was in the smaller pic which just looked kinda blobby at first.

The biggest problem is the maroon- wtf? Why even mess with that? I suppose this isn't any more a 'bastardization' of the costume than the Batman Begins outfit is(that doesn't look all that great to me either) but we're more used to Batman not looking as he does in the comics.

The 'speedo' trunks got me, too. It DOES look like a bad 'tv movie' kind of look! I was hoping for something either more 'classic' or something a bit more updated.

:lol -- does look pretty cheesy -- and is it just me or does routh look way to skinny to be supes? or too young to be supes returning after a "long absence"? but, to echo someone's opinion earlier, i have faith in synger, so. . .

It does seem strange that they went out of their way to make Routh look like Reeve as Clark, down to the poorly cut '70s business suit with vest. But when it comes to the important costume they try to modernize it?

And I agree, the emblem needs to be much bigger, the only change I kind of like is the "S" belt buckle.

I can get used to the costume but I agree the red should be lighter and the emblem should defiantly be larger.
The biggest problem I have is that his chest and arms are to average looking and do not match his shoulders. I think they should have used a little padding to give him a more superhero look.

Yikes!! I agree it looks like crap!
The colors are off, the balance of red in his costume is off because of the smaller speedo trunks and S shield, and the speedo trunks look BAAAAD! Then there's the T-shirt like collar, Ugh. And I'm not liking the small 3-D S shield either.

And I agree with Wyrmn, Routh looks a little too skinny for the role, he should have beefed up. Hugh Jackman looks bigger as Wolverine then Routh does as Superman. :x

Routh looks a little too skinny for the role, he should have beefed up

i think the low cut trunks make his torso look longer and that gives the illusion of a puny chest.

this guy looks to have massive thighs and nicely developed shoulders, just not a comic book chest.

reeve wasn't that big.....sure he was tall, but he wasn't like a pro bodybuilder that the artists draw superman as these days.

personally, i'd like the reds to be bright red....well, honestly, i'd prefer the reeve suit, but if they can deliever a movie as good as or better than "superman the movie", i'll be very pleased.

this is no where near as bad as the haley berry catwoman suit. i'll wait and see the movie before i make any rash judgements.:ted

hey, at least he has a some-what superman looking suit. at least they didn't go with the no cape, black suit, jon peters version.:p

93958460.jpg

christopher reeve, the best superman ever, was no musclebound giant

It sucks. :puke That may be too negative. How about Sacrilege. It sucks so bad it's a sin.

There's a SUIT? sorry....too busy looking at the eye candy. :\ Speedos? Yum! :bunny

I think the low cut trunks make his torso look longer and that gives the illusion of a puny chest.

You might be right about that, He does look just as muscular as Reeves. That still doesn't make me like the suit any more than I do. It just looks waaay off.

Yes, That does indeed look better Hulkfan. :clap
If it looked that way, I could even grow to like the 3-D S Shield.

Yep, Hulkfan, like the digitized bits you changed! Brighter red, bigger trunks and emblem. That actually looks pretty good! At least it's an improvement! :lol

The "fixed" picture looks a lot better with the bright red and bigger S. But I don't agree about the trunks... seems to "grandpa"-style to me...

I have to agree it looks better, but changing the colour of a turd don't make it smell sweeter. I still prefer the older suit, it flies better with me. :lol

Why do they mess with these things? Is it just to start controversy and get word of mouth happening? :lurk It's just cheap and cheapens the myth. Outrageous. I wouldn't want a figure of this. Like the yellow, it just pales in comparison. It lacks exhuberhence and vitality and impresses me as being flat and dull.

Back