Sony PSP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Gruson

So I got the PSP a couple of days ago.

WOW, this thing is incredible.

First off, the screen/resolution looks amazing. It came with Spiderman 2 (movie) and it looks really, really good. I am a big A/V person with HD in every room at my house and a dedicated movie theater (119" screen) so I was not expecting it to look as good as it does.

The PSP will not dissapoint.

I also love that it has WiFi built in. I even connected to my access point and got on the Internet. You have to hack the PSP now but May 2 they will support a web browser. Very cool.

It's great playing friends in games and very easy, all wireless.

This X-mas there will be an "over the air" TV option. Now you can watch TV on your PSP too.

So, you can:

watch movies
listen to mp3s
store high quality pictures
play some great looking games
surf the Internet
and soon you can watch TV on it.

Very, very cool.

DS?

LOL....yeah, waste of money and Nintendo announced they are not making much for it now. Bomb.

I have tried both DS and PSP - and PSP is way better!

Actually, the games I tried for DS was a bit boring - but the few games I tried for PSP was fun fun fun all the way
..and with beautiful graphics!!!

I bought mine last weekend, and really am enjoying it as well. Mine came with Spider-Man 2 as well.

I bought the games Lumines and NFL Street 2 for it.

Love the Lumines game.

Great system. :rock

Gruson, if I knew Nintendo werent going to make many games for it I wouldnt have bothered, LOL. I finished mario DS in a week with all 150 stars and the other games out at the mo look crap. So I think off to EBay it goes. besides it can fund more precious polystone. I am content now thi my PS2, N64 and SNES. (best console...ever) :lol

PSP looks great, I'm definitely going to buy one- but not until the price drop. By then they will have some great games, and the reported kinks(dead pixels, stuck buttons) will hopefully be worked out. I'm not real hot on paying $300 right now to play Ridge Racer or Lumines :lol

so these things play movies...?

what's the media look like...? dvd style...?

Yea, basically. The movies look great on the PSP.

I lucked out, mine has no dead pixels. I did have to return the 1st one I got thou, it had some specks that wouldn't come off and a scratch on the LED.

The one I have now is good to go. :rock

Yupp. Universal Media Disc, same as the games. Sorry, I didn't say that earlier.

After some playing around last night, I downloaded the Japanese version of 3GP (for free), and ripped movies from my computer, onto the PSP compatible Memory Stick Duo, and am watching movies that I have already own my PSP now. :rock

If anyone would like details on how to do this. PM me. :toast

Mine has no dead pixels either.

Also,

Check out:

alt.binaries.sony.psp

PLENTY of free movies to download. ;)

The firmware has already being updated in Japan to version 1.5, the US is 1.0 ,anyone knows what is the difference .
I 've read somewhere Sony would release a new version with a longest battery life, due to gamers complaints, although I don't think it will be anytime soon.
I also agree the price is still high, it has already dropped a little and it should reach the US 200,00 mark in a couple months.

I just ordered one with Ridge Racer, Mercury, Wipeout Pure and some accessories....
It will be here in two days !!!
:banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

it has already dropped a little and it should reach the US 200,00 mark in a couple months.

B020248Ub.jpg

This is the one I ordered...
www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=B020248U
Bill
:banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

Back