Gentle Giant Indy Last Crusade statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack's Smirking Revenge
Reaction score
dsc95721xv0.jpg

dsc95691ve8.jpg

That's the second TLC statue from GG! Damn Temple gets no love. The Harrison sculpt looks good though I guess. Although I'm sure they'll ruin it when they paint it. Seems to me this would cooler in bronze like the Indy on horse statue.

They changed it from the one they had at SDCC last year. Looks very nice but I'm only getting busts from GG for their Indy Line.

Anyone have any pics of the painted version from this year's SDCC? I thought it came out nice. I'm impressed with the detail on the motorcycle. I think this one is much better than Indy on horse. I intend on pre-ordering this, whenever GG gets around to it.

I don't think the horse statue will ship until December for most places. I know that that's Entertainment Earth's estimate.

Also, I have the Clone Armor Obi-Wan statue and it's a great piece. I see nothing wrong with the paint application.

I don't think the horse statue will ship until December for most places. I know that that's Entertainment Earth's estimate.

Also, I have the Clone Armor Obi-Wan statue and it's a great piece. I see nothing wrong with the paint application.

It wasn't the paint apps that were the problem. It was the obvious change in sculpt from the prototype that many had issues with.

Regarding Indy, it seems that we will be flooded with high-end pieces come Dec.

What was the change with the Obi-Wan statue? Did the prototype look more like Ewan? The likeness isn't the best, but it's still a reasonable one for the size.

It just looked totally different from the prototype. Neither looked that much like Ewan in my opinion. I don't think the problem was just the sculpt -- the production version of the statue had paint applications that were obviously incompetent.

If GG can get the paint and Ford's head sculpt right on the new Last Crusade statue, it should be an excellent addition to my collection.

According to the latest GG Q&A, this piece is expected to show up later this year.

"GGC: Any Update on the Indy Dr. Henry and Junior on motorcycle?

GG LTD: This is a very complex piece, and we want to make sure we execute it perfectly. We anticipate it hitting shelves by the end of this year."

And here are tidbits of the other Indy products:

"GGC: Short Round has recently been announced as a EE Exclusive, what is going on with the card holder, paper clip holder and all the other Indy items we have seen?

GG LTD: All of the Indiana Jones desk accessories are shipping now. Collectors can look for them around mid-end of February at their local retailer."

No mention of any new product. Seems that once what has been announced is shipped, the Indy line appears to be done.

Back