IRONMAN XBox 360 Demo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zedex9r

Super Freak
Reaction score
G'day all

Just downloaded and been playing the demo for the upcoming Ironman game based off the new movie.

It is 600+ mb so it didn't take long to get.

So far so good. The graphics are good, the terrain is very open. The Ironman character model looks great, the animations are pretty good, especially in hover and flight mode. Some of the ground based animations are a little poor, he runs funny and melee punches look weak, but otherwise quite nice.

Flying is is great. He flies normally, or with boost and barrel rolls to avoid missiles. the hover is great, a little tricky at first, but good once you get the hang of them.

Weapons are great. he has hand blasters, chest cannon I-beam and missiles. All are great.

An interesting concept is the power distribution. You can direct power to Life support, melee, weapons or thrust. So you can make different components stronger depending on how you like to play.

All up, while the demo is short (9 mins) it is still fun and has an open sandbox feel to it. You can attack direct, or use cover and terrain to plan attacks. Oh, and catching a missile fired from an attack chopper mid-air and sending it back to the target is very cool :rock

I am going to wait and download the PS3 version before making up my mind, but overall the game for me is on the to buy list :)

Cheers

My only concern for the game is if you'll be flying around from place to place just blowing things up like in the trailer. That gets very monotonous after a while so I hope they mix it up a bit.

Can you just hover and stay still in the air? It seems like you can't do it cause when you hold the hover button down you just keep going up.

You have to hold the button like half way to hover without moving, if you push it all the way you go up.

I hate it when games do that kind of stuff. Plus I wish I had controls to go down without waiting for him to fall.

Can you just hover and stay still in the air? It seems like you can't do it cause when you hold the hover button down you just keep going up.
It only took me a minute to figure it out, but if you just tap the hover button gently you can stay in a steady hover.

I really like the controls for this and it looks great, I'll be picking this one up for sure!

Downloading this now. Will probably go pick it up when it comes out. I've got several games I need to trade in.

Ordered this for my sons B-day I will have to download the demo and let him check it out.

Tried the demo and I thought it was ok at best. Will save my money to play with you all on GTA4. I also want Metal Gear.

Demo sucked. Horrible game mechanics, it will be interesting to see how much it changes from now until release. Either way I doubt this game gets a good review.

I am going to wait and download the PS3 version before making up my mind, but overall the game for me is on the to buy list :)

The PS3 Demo isn't out yet right? I didn't see it on the network...

The PS3 Demo isn't out yet right? I didn't see it on the network...

Yeah, the PS3 demo isn't out yet. It will be in the weekly Thursday update for the new PSN store. I am interested in getting it as well just to see if there is a noticable difference between the two.

I downloaded the demo tonight and played it. It was ok. It didn't blow me away but I'll probably get the game when it comes out since I'm a sucker for Ironman stuff.

I enjoyed the demo, but I can't see playing a game where you pretty much just fly around and shoot missiles the whole game

Back