Anyone going to see Hitchhiker's Guide

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Azog of Moria

Gonna check it out tonight, read the book some years ago, but from what I heard the movie is a big change from it, but in a good way. the book was hilarious.. so I am optimistic about the movie, Sam Rockwell is a nut...anyone ever see him in Galaxy Quest.....

I am planning on seeing it.
Not sure when I can get away from parenthood.

Funny, I just saw Galaxy Quest last night.

Hell yeah! I was a huge fan of all the books, the radio show and even the cheap BBC TV series. I'm looking forward to it big time.

I'm going today! Can't wait either - this is gonna be a great movie.

Don't forget your towel, and be sure to thank the humans for all the fish. :peace

I saw it last night I can definitely recommend a must for the sci fl fans. Very similar to the TV series, they even have the original depressed Android you will now what I mean.:lol

I've got my towel and my babelfish and have just got back from seeing the movie. I'm happy to say that its fabulous!

Even if there are some book deviations (I'm about to read em again, its been YEARS), they really captured the humor, profundities and the spirit of the book and Douglas himself. Apparently some things added or changed had actually been his idea.

I only have two probs. One is making Trillian such a love interest for Arthur. I don't know, I'll have to see it again and see if it really IS that bothersome or if I just know that it wasn't like that in the book and need to get over it.

Sam Rockwell was great as Zaphod (the rest of the cast was excellent as well) but I have to say I would rather he had two heads at once. The flipping up is actually pretty effective and freaky and funny, but I still think I would prefer it with just two side by side.

All in all a fantastic movie! I may even see it again tonight.

Well, there was not nearly enough nudity (j/k), but still a great movie. They even had the part about what the whale was thinking as it fell to the ground.

Highly recommended. :toast

im gonna go see it tomorrow night with the wifey. im glad its as good as it looks.

re

HAHA, loved the whale,
Saw it yesterday and thought it was great, unfortunately i own the books, but have never been in the mood to read them, but i do love the depressed RObot, just great, good humour, and better than the tv series! Henson creatures did the beings in the film too, which was cool!
:p

Re: re

I agree a defi. hit with the cult following....I really enjoyed the movie...

Marvin the paranoid android! Who done the voice for the whale again, I forgot....some British comedian...Bill Bailey?
Stephen Fry as the voice of the Guide sounds spot on.
I havent seen it yet but hope to in the next couple of days. Is it me or did the TV series seem very much like Doctor Who! Zaphod's second head looked rubbish in that, I think what they done in the film was a better idea.

I saw it and enjoyed it, but felt a little let down because I was so familiar with the best jokes. I liked that they put a little more of a plot in there than the book has, and the romantic relationship was actually something I thought the book should have dealt with.

I'd definitely recommend the film, but I was a bit disappointed.

Back