But what do you actually drive?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

chamildav

The topic on what your favorite car, or fantasy ride is made me think of this. I always wonder what type of vehicle folks I haven't met up close and personal drive. I think cars are to some degree an extension of your personality, dreams, aspirations, whatever. but I think it also has something to do with your real life situation. I meet very few people who are "minivans", if you know what I mean. But I do meet a bunch of people who drive them. And though you might like to have one, keeping a Corvette in the city is a pain in the butt for regular folks making that Ford Focus seem right attractive.
My personal car is a red T-Bird, which I hardly ever drive I'm sorry to say. And my company car is a baby-poo mauve Chevy Tahoe which I drive quite a lot. I'm probably not living right.
So, what do you drive?

Black E Class Mercedes 2002:hat

It's a company car, I'm not a taxi driver - or a pimp!

I don't have a car. Does that equate to not having a life? Yeah, I must be a real nowhere man.

My first car was a '66 VW bug which I still own. However I drive an '02 Honda CRV.
:dance

re

Hey Viking, SNAP!
My first car was a purple 72 VW beetle, he passed away last year though! now i just got a lil old VW polo!
Hoping to get a restored Camper van in the next few years, maybe when the LOTR line runs out!!!
:lol :p

Re: re

I dont have a car either. Never had. I often drive in an Opel Corsa and a Toyota SUV though. Both are crappy really. I really like to drive the Mercedes A-Class my mom had.

I have a Jaguar XJS and a Saab 9000 2.3 Turbo Aero - the Saab is the everyday car!

Interesting on the first car thing. Mine was a hand me down from my mom and dad that was quite ancient when I recieved it. 66 Dodge Polara with a 383 wedge block. This was when they were a mid size before they turned into the land whales of the early 70's. Fast car.
My next car which I purchased with my own hard earned money was a 65 Dodge Dart GT. I never tried to stop the car Fred Flinstone style, but I could stick my feet through the hole in the floorpan. Ah, the good old days.
Next came a 1971 Mustang Mach I. 351 Cleveland engine. It's mostly been down hill from there.

The ol' VDub needs a little work! Something to look forward to when there are funds!
:banana

I drive no car except other peoples'.

However, when the time comes that my sideshow collection is worth over 100,000 USD, I might sell it and pick up my dream car: a Lamborghini Countach, LP 500S QV.

Preferably black exterior and white interior.

But I'll take it however I can get it.

I've looked at them on ebay motors before. Sometimes they are down to like 30,000 USD.

Currently a 2004 Audi S4...

previous ride was a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII...

should have kept it and had both...

A fully restored-flawlessly perfect-1964 Cadillac hearse endloader-jet black of course...:balrog

A restored 1936 BMW r-66 motorcycle with the sidecar and mg34machine-gun, with full WW2 Germany markings..:rock

A 2004 limited edition Sahara 4x4 jeep with the extra body kit that makes it look like a tank...:naughty

Yeah I know, doesn't matter what I drive, cause you REALLY can't miss it!

Ahh, to be on the highway and in my way....sorry for you:explode

Gold 2001 Volkswagen GTI VR6 (GLX package, with all the options).

If I lived in a city with decent public transportation, I wouldn't own a car. Payments/insurance/maintenance sucks. I walk when my destination is within two miles.

Back