Spider-Man web of shadows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OSCORP

Super Freak
Reaction score
https://ps3.ign.com/articles/867/867061p1.html

spider-man-web-of-shadows-art-20080416105000161_640w.jpg

VERY nice screenshot...but the open world Spidey games have fallen flat a little bit. Hopefully Activision is pulling out a lot of new stops to bring fans back to it all!

I remember how fun Spidey 2 was when it first came out. Ultimate Spidey was cool too but the controls were easier. Spidey 3 was alright, but even the random crimes are reptitive...give us something fresh!!!

I'm always a fan of Spider-Man, but how many Spider-Man games do they have to make?

That being said, can't wait to get it :lol:lol:lol:lol And I need a 1080p TV

So in this latest Spidey game iteration he fights giant Kaiju from space? The developers are staying secretive about whether or not the new enemies is Symbiote based, but the last time I looked the Symbiote was black, not silver/white.

But I do like the concept of enemies clinging to and overtaking entire buildings to put the hurt on Spider-Man.

It's looks to be a darker story too, and it's comic based! Always the best way to start I'd say.

i hope this is good. no movie tie in date=plenty of time for fine tuning in development

From that pic above Alex Ross is doing the control art for this.....I'm interested but slightly worried, personally none of the Spider-Man games have really been worth playing and replaying for me because it gets too repetitive and it'd be nice to have something really interesting and in depth so I'd play it more than a couple of times and then never touch it again.

I haven't really played the Spider-Man movie games, I personally don't care for games based on movies, however I really liked the old N64 Spider-Man game so if it is like that I think I will enjoy it.

From that pic above Alex Ross is doing the control art for this.....I'm interested but slightly worried, personally none of the Spider-Man games have really been worth playing and replaying for me because it gets too repetitive and it'd be nice to have something really interesting and in depth so I'd play it more than a couple of times and then never touch it again.

Actually the art is by Dell'Otto not Ross.

Hope this game will be a hit then. Im not happy about the fighting system or anything else in the previous spider man games. Maybe this fighting system, swinging system, camera control and story will be wayyy different than any of the movies or such like that. beeing able to destroy the city and blowing up cars would be a nice idea. Hitting the foes with cars, throw them trough walls etc. Btw has any one registered and voted?

Actually the art is by Dell'Otto not Ross.

Really? I know the DO stuff is similar but the lenses really threw me off. Thats Ross' trademark, but looking threw the portfolio I see that its not just a Ross thing anymore....thanks for the correction.

Seize Control

Official Site link above. Apparently New York is in the middle of an invasion and Spidey has to stop it. This is an interactive RPG where dependant on what you do in the game will change the outcome.....should be interesting to see where this goes not to mention what the countdown meter on the main page is for

Seize Control

should be interesting to see where this goes not to mention what the countdown meter on the main page is for

I think the countdown meter is for when the next trailer will be shown. It says on the page that if you sign up to thier fan club, you can vote where the next trailer takes place? So keep an eye on the countdown.

Not sure exactly what that means, but im not going to sign up.

IGN: Talk about a megaton -- Spider-Man is back! What exactly is happening in New York and ol'webhead's life in this new game? Where do the players fit in?

Graham Fuchs and Chris Scholz: Yes, it's pretty heavy. New York City has been invaded and martial law has been declared. Heroes are gathering uptown to protect civilians, and villains are grouping downtown to repel the aggressors. It's up to the player as Spider-Man to save the city … by any means necessary.

IGN: The first thing that sprung out at us when we looked at the first screenshot was that Spider-Man's got his classic comic book logo on his back rather than the movie logo. Is this story taking place in the comic book canon? Is it after the start of the Brand New Day arc? Are we completely off base and this is its own story all together?

Graham Fuchs and Chris Scholz: You're right; this game is set in the classic comic universe. We've been given a lot of freedom to come up with our own storyline that fits perfectly with the gameplay we've envisioned.

IGN: We realize you're not ready to show your hand just yet, but we all know that one of the best parts of the Spider-Man universe is his rogues gallery. That screenshot of an alien-looking/messed up Empire State Building looks like the work of a serious bad guy. Will Spider-Man's foe in this game be someone he's faced off with before or someone original for the title?

Graham Fuchs and Chris Scholz: There's going to be a lot of Marvel heroes and villains involved in dealing with the invasion. Some are pretty well known, and some are fan favorites who've never appeared in a Spider-Man game before.

IGN: How do the customizable superpowers work? Is it one of those things where the more you use your powers the stronger they get or are there upgrades you earn by collecting coins or something?

Graham Fuchs and Chris Scholz: Through the upgrade system you're going to be able to build the Spider-Man that suits your play style. For example, if you prefer to attack from a distance, you can upgrade more web moves. If you prefer to get up close and personal, you can upgrade your hand to hand combat moves. The player is in control of how Spidey evolves through the game.

Maybe that'll go away on its own ...

IGN: The one thing people always comment on when it comes to the majority of Activision's Spider-Man games is how much fun it is to just swing around New York. What is web slinging like in this game? Is it one button? Do you need to use left and right triggers to choose a direction?

Graham Fuchs and Chris Scholz: The swinging everyone loves will be back, and we continue to make improvements to make it better than ever. We've also put a lot of focus into Spidey's wall-crawling and acrobatics to make his movement through the city more fluid than ever.

IGN: In the past, fighting the forces of evil has had the tendency to get repetitive with Spider-Man just punching and kicking on the ground. What can you tell us about the new vertical combat system?

Graham Fuchs and Chris Scholz: The goal was to recreate the feeling of the battles in the comics that start on the ground, go up the side of a building, and finish on the rooftops. Our combat designer has called this "the most 3D game ever."

IGN: In the past, fighting the forces of evil has had the tendency to get repetitive with Spider-Man just punching and kicking on the ground. What can you tell us about the new vertical combat system?

Graham Fuchs and Chris Scholz: The goal was to recreate the feeling of the battles in the comics that start on the ground, go up the side of a building, and finish on the rooftops. Our combat designer has called this "the most 3D game ever."

That sounds awesome. While I loved all the previous spider-man games, when you're down swinging around the city, the fighting was pretty basic on the ground. With enemies flying into the air and into buildings, that is a new and cool addition. Plus with the customization of the character, this game looks awesome

Back