Pope Benedict of Gondor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

shinsakuto

I saw the pontification of the Pope on TV and realised the robe he wore had the same feather emblem as the Gondorian kings. Not only that, just like Elessar, the pontif sang during what is effectively his coronation.:lol

the pope

What an ungodly comment. :thwak
:lol
OT: Not that I would be proud or anything, but the new Pope IS Bavarian like me, and so all I saw was the Bavarian flags flying (blue/white). 8o :p

Re: the pope

What is he, like 80 something? If they got 'em younger, they wouldnt have to replace them so often! :lol

And this last pope was "pope" for 26 years. It was the pope BEFORE this last one that died a few weeks or so after being selected. Wouldn't say they have to 'replace' them that often...

They purposely picked this Pope because he is old and won't be around that long. He himself realized this and said that was his reasoning behind picking the name Benedict bc the last Benedict served only for 6(or 8) years.
He was as safe a pick as they could choose. He was Pope John Paul's second hand man and follows all of the formers believes. This way, they don't really have to worry about what he might do while giving themselves enough time to figure out what they want to do next. Stick to tradition and find another white male from eastern Europe or be risky and elect a Pope from South America? Africa?
I doubt they will choose somebody that is a little more liberal in their beliefs... this Pope says that Rock bands such as the Eagles, AC DC etc as doing the Devil's work. Yup, sounds like Catholicism to me!

Apparantly he reckons Harry Potter is a product of evil too.

Whilst I agree, I still think the pope is nutty in the head :google

Other than it being a way to tribute past Popes, why doesn't the Pope keep his birth name?

I have tried googling it, but haven't really found a satisfactory answer.

I have no idea.. and it can't just be a tribute to past Popes otherwise they would all just be called the same thing you know. At one point somebody decided to be John Paul the first.... so I think it has something to do with picking the name of a (correct me if I'm wrong) Saint?

Pope Aragorn the first? :rock

Pope Gandalf the first? :clap

Pope Saruman the first? :dunno

C'mon! Try something new and daring!

JS ;)

Pope

Well, I like Pope Benny's name. Sounds cool.

Still holding out for a Pope Shekky the 1st.

How many of you would plunk down some green for a well-done Pope figure? :gandalf

Re: Pope

Im going to be honest and state my true feelings about this Pope: I have no respect for him whatsoever. He seems totally backward and does nothing for the positiveness of the Catholic religion. (not that I am really religious at all). He's stuck in his ways about everything and I dont respect that...not in the slightest. Its obvious he isnt willing to accept change and he also seems a bit crazy to me.
Just my .02 and I hope I dont get slandered for my opinions. Just ecause he is the leader of Catholic religion i can still speak my views. :vik

Hi Arwen,
Although I can completely understand what you're saying, I don't agree. (And no, I'm not Catholic either!) To me, the *leader* of any religion needs to be it's most adamant follower. The most strict. There are millions of people below them that can tweak it in whatever way they want. But the Bible can not be tweaked. It is not the Constitution that can be ratified or amended. It's the Bible. And just my
twocents.gif
, but I think he's the one who needs to be it's most staunch supporter, for he knows that he cannot alter God's words. Once again, just my
twocents.gif

:wave samantha

Right on Samantha!! I agree how can you "tweak" something that isn't suppose to be "tweaked".
If he went in there and said yea we will follow this and we will throw this away and we'll go half and half on this commandment. And since heroine is in this year we will all shot up before mass because its the "in" thing.

Yea right.:lurk

Hi Sam
Wow you really put things into perspective for me. I definetely agree with you but I suppose it just annoys me ever so slightly that maybe yes the Catholic religion cant stay in its same beliefs as it was 2000 years ago. Things change. But yes I certainly agree with what you are saying. :wave

I learned a long time ago... the old saying about avoiding talking about politics, taxes and religion... really makes sense! :rollin

Back