Hasbro 12inch GI Joe pre order

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree EF, good for the kiddies... not so much for collectors. Hopefully Sideshow will come through :rock

I don't recall seeing any other times that 2 manufacturers produced items from the same license. I wonder how the verbiage went in the contract...

"Per this agreement, the Party of the second part (Sideshow Collectibles) will produce fine-quality, high-end 1:6 scale collectible action figures that are masterfully sculpted, intricately painted, and superiorily accessorized. And the party of the first part (Hasbro Toys) will produce cheap, cheesy 12" dolls to allow serious collectors to be able pacify their offspring's strong desire to play with, and thereby destroy, said collectors' high-end collectible action figures by making available a low-end, garbage-friendly alternative."

I don't recall seeing any other times that 2 manufacturers produced items from the same license.

You mean, aside from both Hasbro and Sideshow producing 12" INDIANA JONES figures?

This the same deal. Sideshow's license stipulates that their figures will be $59.99 and up (though they've already blown past that on INDY) and produced in limited Edition Sizes for the collectors market. Hasbro gets the opposite: cheap mass-produced, mass-marketed 12" figures aimed toward kids/families and available for the distributed retailers (Wal-Mart, Target, Toys R Us, Kmart, etc)

You mean, aside from both Hasbro and Sideshow producing 12" INDIANA JONES figures?

This the same deal. Sideshow's license stipulates that their figures will be $59.99 and up (though they've already blown past that on INDY) and produced in limited Edition Sizes for the collectors market. Hasbro gets the opposite: cheap mass-produced, mass-marketed 12" figures aimed toward kids/families and available for the distributed retailers (Wal-Mart, Target, Toys R Us, Kmart, etc)

Isn't Sideshow's license for Raiders while Hasbro is doing Kingdom?

Regardless of how these look to a Sideshow/Medicom 1/6th scale collector, I say the more 1/6 scale figures there are in this world, the better. Great way to introduce the younger kids to the sale. Then when they grow up they can appreciate the detail of SSC/Medicom figures...just like all of us are doing right now. :)

Regardless of how these look to a Sideshow/Medicom 1/6th scale collector, I say the more 1/6 scale figures there are in this world, the better. Great way to introduce the younger kids to the sale. Then when they grow up they can appreciate the detail of SSC/Medicom figures...just like all of us are doing right now. :)

:clap Exactly how I feel. If there weren't Hasbro, Ultimate Soldier and Soldiers of the World figures on store shelves back in the 90s I may not be collecting more upscale figures today.

A new thought that I have on this issue? I am completely OK with Sideshow/Medicom/Hot Toys-type COLLECTIBLE figures being given a new and separate classification from The mass-market toy-type of Hasbro/21st Century and others. And it would appear that is happening.

Just found the 12" Hasbro Snake Eyes and Cobra Trooper. I didn't buy them but I checked them out. And for 15.00...they are excellent figures.

And since when did the Hasbro 1:6 figures drop in price to 15.00?

Anyway, once again I emphasize, they are great figures for 15.00.

Back