How to Keep your Collectibles Dust Free???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kratos

Super Freak
Reaction score
I would like to know what is the best way to keep your Polystone LOTR collectibles Dust Free WITHOUT having a display cabinet?
And I would also like to know the best way to get Dust off your collectibles?
Would it be to use an Air Compressor, or a Duster?
Need some help guys
Cheers

I have always used cans of air. They are perfect for dusting and can get in every nook and cranny. I highly recomend them.:D

I think it's impossible to keep anyhting dust free, even in a glass cabinet, unless you display them in a vaccuum environment

i had Chuck Norris come over and kick the dusts' a$$. now they live in fear and will not come out, so I don't have to worry about dust.

I keep my stuff in detolfs and never had to dust before.

That doesn't mean they aren't dusty. I have a couple of my best statues in a closed class cabinet, but after two or three months, when I change the display, the glass plates are dusty. Not much, but when you swipe your finger over them, you can see it clearly. So it does help, but it doesn't mean you never have to dust again.

I've also heard that some cans with air have some sort of chemical inside them for the pressure, that can cause damage to the paint? Can anyone confirm that? :confused:

That doesn't mean they aren't dusty. I have a couple of my best statues in a closed class cabinet, but after two or three months, when I change the display, the glass plates are dusty. Not much, but when you swipe your finger over them, you can see it clearly. So it does help, but it doesn't mean you never have to dust again.

I've also heard that some cans with air have some sort of chemical inside them for the pressure, that can cause damage to the paint? Can anyone confirm that? :confused:

Yeah, that dust problem is what I have too. You can't see it, but when you move a statue a trail stays behind.

The chemicals in cans with air can't damage your ststues, as far is I know. They're supposed to clean a lens, professional lenses in especially, so I don't think they're leaving some kind of dirt if that's what you mean.

Just ask her politely to move, and to not stand on your LOTR Polystones any more.

Edit - OH! DUST! Not Dust-Y.

I keep these around and pick them up at Target for only a few bucks each. I think I just got a three pack for about $8.50 or so.

Although the first and most important thing to do is to get an enclosed cabinet.

If anyone figures this out let me know. The glass display cabinets don't really work for me, I they just aren't big enough so it's not cost effective for me right now. Maybe some time in the next couple years. At the moment I am thinking about getting an air purifier to see if that helps. Someone in another thread said they use it and it helps alot.

I keep these around and pick them up at Target for only a few bucks each. I think I just got a three pack for about $8.50 or so.

Although the first and most important thing to do is to get an enclosed cabinet.

Yea i need to get round to getting a display cabinet but I dont know a decent size to get I was thinking one that is about 190cm by about 40cm but I think that would cost alot?

Yea i need to get round to getting a display cabinet but I dont know a decent size to get I was thinking one that is about 190cm by about 40cm but I think that would cost alot?

cm? What are those?

I think changing the air filters in your house regularly would help too.

Another tool to use is an ultra-fine bristle paint brush--the softest one you can find. This can be used so sweep away dirt and dust in hard to reach places without damaging the item at all. It's the best thing for almost anything that may dirty up your stuff; they do the same thing with cleaning mummies at museums. I've bein doing it for years.

Back