From a room to a collection room

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uscmhicks

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well as some of you know I am currently pulling one of my rooms apart for my collection and adding in new everything. I will be painting the walls , changing the flooring , adding everything new and putting up framed posters.
Here I will post up the steps I take daily.

And today I ripped up the old carpet that was here when I moved in and moved the biggest cabinet out.
It was very hard to get out of the door. That thing was huge !. :lol
I will be putting detolfs straight along the wall already with one and maybe a shelving unit in between them. Above each detolf will be probably a 1:1 bust but maybe also a pf. We will see.

goodbye carpet
DSC01691.jpg
[/IMG]
The carpet now needs throwing out tomorrow.
DSC01688.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC01689.jpg

I have a few pieces back for now but this is how it basically still looks
DSC01690.jpg

DSC01690copy.jpg

This thread will be updated as I go on.
It will be great to see how it develops. :D

well quick update guys.
Been busy today , found a retail store in my town with a hot toys avp requiem alien , was dying to buy it but need the cash to finish this off I guess.
I got home today and decided to start scraping the crappy wallpaper but its a little harder than I thought it would be so I'm gonna buy a steamer tomorrow hopefully to get it off easier. More pics as I progress.

ok , so I decided to start stripping the wallpaper today and what happens ?.
The walls start to fall apart !!!.
Now I gotta pay for a plasterer !. Damn !.:lol
This costs too much cash !.

I got my first detlof the other day! Only found out about them due to sideshow freaks! :rock They are an amazing price, it now proudly displays my so far only two hot toys preds! (and maybe drake if I cant sell im) :lol .

Im looking forward to seeing the finished work! bet it'll look great :D .

Ifs its only minor damage, polyfiller might work? plasterer's can be exspensive

sorry for not replying guys. Been in hospital where I found a fellow collector !!!.
He was totally lying about what he had though , I could tell lmao ! :lol
( Hopefully hes not a member... ). :lol:lol

Well me being my cheap ass self phoned an uncle who thinks he can paint :lol and asked him to come over and take a look at this wall to see what he thought before I pull any more wallpaper off. He hasn't came over yet but when he does I will let you guys know what he says. Thanks for the interest , I will be sure to post up some pics soon. It's so hard to keep my collection from not being displayed !.

I gotta say I enjoy your enthusiasm man! Hope your feelin' better! I am anxious to see how it turns out. BTW even putting in new drywall is not expensive, but it is messy and labor intensive.....don't fret too much!

I know how you feel. I'm dead in middle of redoing my flooring and it's a pain in the ass. New tile gets here on Tuesday. As much dust that has been created as a result of this effort, I am so glad I didn't have anything set up; it would have been ruined for sure. Anything you can do yourself, do it, there's a feeling of ownership and pride that comes along with it.

Nice plan. The detolf cabinet are very good and cheap units. I got one myself and added another shelf unit at the bottom to raise the detolf case up. Ikea work wonders!

Yeah let us know how the progress is going Tay, unless everything still looks the same. :lol I wish I was able to remodel one of my rooms into a collectibles room. Looking forward to seeing it all finished! :rock2

Back