I want to thank all of you members....and to know this...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

DarkSyren

First of this is a long message, so I ask that you read and bear with me. I want to thank all the members here who accepted who I am, and even the ones who do not. In recent times, there has been much controversy on this board. Thankfully that has passed but new controversies and drama are always around the corner, perhaps just part of the online community.

I want all the members here to know that you are all very valuable friends to me, even though we have never met in person, or spoken on the phone. Each has their own unique personality that shows through their words and actions on the board. I feel I know some of you very well, and I think many of you know me, but only the outside image that I have unfairly projected on some here.

Last night in the chat room, there were three brave members who told me exactly to my face ( well, not to my face, LOL, as this is cyberspace) what they thought of me I retaliated with venom so spiteful and defensive that it was like a spitting cobra. But they did not relent They continued to tell me off, and there were heated insults exchanged from ' obnoxious twat' to 'immature tart' " attention whore", etc, to a lot of other things

And you know what? They're right. One of the members told me that first impressions are the strongest impressions you will make on others, one that is imprinted and that lasts. I regret that my first impression on many of you, some may find it amusing, others found it vulgar, distasteful, and rude. You were also right about that. I have lived my life in such a paradoxical way that it must be apparent to those members here who can see right through my outer defenses. And when attacked with the truth, I obviously can dish out as much @#%$ as someone can take, but I can't take one grain of it myself.
Until the three members forced me to take a look at how my personality was the reason why some disliked me. I cannot be liked by everyone, no one can. And by this open letter here, I do not expect anyone to change their opinion of me, only to have an understanding of who I am.

SamAkaLiz and Eddy( High Elven) both said things to me that hit me so hard I actually threatened to beat up Sam at SDCC.
But Sam's statement that she had more than me and that she was probably happier than me were both very true. Eddy's statement of me being insecure was also true. And what did I do? Post his private message, getting me banned from Shadow and Flame, and cruelly degrade Sam, no matter if she laughed about it or not, said hurtful things to her.

In truth, a person may look at me on the outside...the image I present...a fit, beautiful woman ( not beautiful to everyone, but to some) who drives a nice car, has a beautiful home, can afford to buy anything she wants. But those things are TRANSITORY and MEANINGLESS, and all my life, I have tried to fill the unhappiness within me that was always somehow there. I cannot explain that. I grew up spoiled and sheltered, never having to lift a finger to do an ounce of work. My father and mother are both wonderful, loving people, to whom I owe an incredible amount to.

I caused them grief, grief to this day I regret, and the regret to members here....the cruel things I have said, I hope that you can forgive me for that in time. I've done a lot of bad and a lot of good in my life, the balance is paradoxical. I've done slews of drugs, I've beaten people up, I've had abortions, and in the process only degraded myself. I knew my actions were wrong, but I refused to take responsibility for them.

How odd then that a few members on this board, last night, forced me to take a good hard look at who I am. SamAKALiz was right...she has more than me. A loving husband. A comfortable home, a job she loves. And all the things that I have that are showy and tasteful mean nothing when there is an emptiness within your soul that cannot be quelled by wealth, inheritance, beauty, or even polystone LOL.

My purpose to writing this is so that you will learn to know who I am. Not the DarkSyren who rages on or says crazy things or posts butt pictures. And yes, that is really me. And yes, my beauty will fade. What will remain is what I must work on and nurture...a likeable persona. Fitness has been my saving grace because I found I enjoy making people FEEL GOOD about themselves. When they feel good, so do I.

I know many things I have posted might sound unbelievable or not credible, but they are very true. I am a person of great contradiction...I weep at the death of a beloved pet, but I could care less about some people who die terrible deaths. I know that shoving the fact in members' faces that "YEAH I CAN AFFORD TO BUY ALL THIS POLYSTONE AND YOU CAN'T'" certainly alienated me further from members.

And to the members here as well...and on Shadow and Flame...your online friendship and the joy of sharing interest in collecting have helped me in ways I cannot express to you. How is that possible? I do not know any of you personally. You only know me from my words ( and my pictures LOL)

Now I can't change the first impressions I have made upon you all. I can only hope that with time, to those I have treated cruelly, that you can forgive me. I cannot tell you how much this hobby has meant to me, for it has given me something to look forward to in my life which has been bereft of goals for a long time.

Michelle

Re: I want to thank all of you members....and to know this..

everyone deserves a second chance hun.

i like ya ;) you never did me any harm. :rock

Michelle,

Glad the little war last night taught you something thats a great first step. Take that to heart and try to be better for it but don't get all down cause of it. Crap happens and I think everyone here agrees with me it will blow over and in time nothing more will be spoken of it. My main suggestion to you is to just chill and roll with the punches.

:rock <------------ sorry if this response has been copywrited by now. :lol

Really a long message i read it all Michelle and yes no one can changes thats the way you are and if some dont like your way of being they can express allllllllllllllll their ideas or maintain them in their mind, so think you are part of this board lol many things happen in this board and some persons can dissapear easilly of the minds of the others or only forgett them because there they are so "only give time to time" so all calm down :ar .
Diego

i have found that most people, in general, do not deal well with someone who has strong opinions.

you obviously are a very opinionated person, and some people are not going to be able to deal with that.

and you CANNOT please everyone, and there is no use trying.

i'm glad to see you have turned your life around for the better. when i read the part about the drugs, abortion and whatnot, i was really surprised. you just do not "look" like the tyoe that would have ever been involved in that stuff.

Looks are deceiving, indeed. Even those with cute butts LOLOLOL....are prone to that. Oh yeah, I've done a LOT of stuff in my life to my parents' grief. Almost died from a cocaine overdose, a complicated abortion, spent six months in jail for beating my ex husband....yes, indeed.

Takes a big person to admit when they're wrong, takes a bigger person to learn from it and not repeat it. I think you are on the right track and we welcome your continued input in this forum. :grouphug

Jesse

you're one crazy girl.

did you beat him up pretty good? :lol

We have much in common, on the inside. Your taste in things Sideshow, is a reflection of the taste you have in your house etc. Very nice. Being judgemental, is what we all are, imposing our judgements is something else. I have found this place to be a loving and forgiving place. For all the drama, whether you find it entertaining, funny, distasteful, etc, it is all about helping fellow collectors. With over 1000 registered members, there is still room for more. Wish it was the same with the collectibles. When a collectible breaks, we all have sympathy and various solutions. So it is with the collector. That is what these type of threads have to do with Sideshow, and collecting. The love, the drama, the rewards. Let us all join and share.

:grouphug

did you beat him up pretty good?

I know I shouldn't laugh about it but I find that humor is the best medicine when I look back on all the crazy @#%$ I've done, even on this board LOL.

Yes I beat him up badly...he was a six feet three, 220 pound guy and I went berserk. Tore his hair out, blackened both eyes, did a flying kick and broke his nose, you get the picture.

Michelle remind me not to tick you off at SDCC :lol

remind me if i see you at SDCC, to not look at you funny :doh

he must have done some pretty bad stuff to catch one like that :thwak

!

DS, My opinion of you remains the same. You are a fine person. There is not a single one of us on this board that couldn't use some improvement in an area or two of our lives (I'll keep mine secret:p ). We are all of us prone to mistakes. It's called being human.:wave

hahaha, jlc was thinking the same thing i was :rollin

So Gondor59 do I still get to beat YOU up for that mean Barad Dur prank you pulled on April Fools Day?

So Gondor59 do I still get to beat YOU up for that mean Barad Dur prank you pulled on April Fools Day?

LOL, I was actually looking forward to it until I read what you did to that other fellow. Actually, my cousin (who is a featured Dr. on the TV show Dr.90210) has invited me to visit him and his wife in Venice Beach ithis July. The big thing on our itinerary is to drive down to San Diego for SDCC. I'd love to meet you but please don't hurt me....:p

You know I was the 1st to post a butt picture.. I like yours much better..

:moon

Don't worry Michelle, there's people that wants you.;)
:grouphug

Back