Sideshow high end StarWars maquette's??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Chaver

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Why doesn't Sideshow make any high end StarWars maquette's??
I know they have the Premium format line but I wouldn't exactly call them high end.I just think it's a little odd that SS is producing alien and predator maquette's but no Starwars as of yet?I know I would be down for a couple of them.So if your watching this Sideshow,make some high end StarWars maquette's,please!!

You wouldn't call PF High End? WTF!? They cost no less than $200 and as much as $800 I'd say those are High End.

You wouldn't call PF High End? WTF!? They cost no less than $200 and as much as $800 I'd say those are High End.

Most PF's cost no more than $350.The only reason the Biker scout PF cost $800 is because of it's massive size,but it still does look pretty awesome for a PF.As far as their other PF's go,I wouldn't be asking for a maquette if SS put a little more effort and money into making their PF's look better.I would love to get my hands on a $800 Darth Vader maquette

Most PF's cost no more than $350.The only reason the Biker scout PF cost $800 is because of it's massive size,but it still does look pretty awesome for a PF.As far as their other PF's go,I wouldn't be asking for a maquette if SS put a little more effort and money into making their PF's look better.I would love to get my hands on a $800 Darth Vader maquette

Their Vader PF is really nice. :dunno

Why doesn't Sideshow make any high end StarWars maquette's??
I know they have the Premium format line but I wouldn't exactly call them high end.I just think it's a little odd that SS is producing alien and predator maquette's but no Starwars as of yet?I know I would be down for a couple of them.So if your watching this Sideshow,make some high end StarWars maquette's,please!!

i would say grevious, vader and obi-wan are pretty high-end stuff. price, weight and materials wise.

I have to agree... if you don't consider the Premium Format figures as "high end" then you must have a lot more money than most of us! :lol

As far as "maquettes" go, they are very similar to the Premium Format figures, just maybe not as much "mixed media" to them. The Predator Maquette was really just a Premium Format with the "maquette" moniker on it! And since I've owned most ever Premium Format figure Sideshow has produced, I would say the majority are of the same quality, if not higher, than most of the "maquette" pieces Sideshow has produced!

$350 is a pretty darn good chunk of change man. That or your made of money. :lol Has SS had some dud PF'S? Sure they have but I would not say they are of the highest effort and quality without a doubt. I'm not exactly sure what you don't find wrong with SS PF but I think what you want is unobtainable honestly or can only be done in the price range CM does their stuff. IMO CM stuff isn't nearly as nice as SS stuff and 4x as much.

Their Vader PF is really nice. :dunno

Hell most of their PF's are for that matter. I think his expectations are a touch unrealistic.

Yeah it's alright,but I had that PF for a little while and I had quite few issues with it.If there was a few hundred more dollars put into it,it would look way ^^^^ing better.

Now, we're looking at a $550 piece. Its damn fine at $350. You have to do these things within reason or you cancel out most of your market.

Now, we're looking at a $550 piece. Its damn fine at $350. You have to do these things within reason or you cancel out most of your market.

It would cost us more than $550 if SS put a few more hundred dollars into making thier PF's.I wasn't talking about raising the price to $550 I was thinking more like $700 to $800 price range.It's a liitle odd that this thread was posted to talk about higher end maquette's and here we are talking about PF's??

Back