Quiet PS3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chimera 1

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok the lineup of games is so far lackluster but the fact that the PS3 works at a whisper is amazing. The 360 sounds like you are gaming at an airport but the PS3 can hardly be heard whether your playing a game or watching a movie. I have to say Sony's technology is leaps and bounds ahead of Microsoft. This is not to be expected since Sony has decades more experience that MS but it is ashame that MS has such a loud system. they should be shamed. But their game lineup is stellar so it balances out.

Ok the lineup of games is so far lackluster but the fact that the PS3 works at a whisper is amazing. The 360 sounds like you are gaming at an airport but the PS3 can hardly be heard whether your playing a game or watching a movie. I have to say Sony's technology is leaps and bounds ahead of Microsoft. This is not to be expected since Sony has decades more experience that MS but it is ashame that MS has such a loud system. they should be shamed. But their game lineup is stellar so it balances out.

Are you sure it's not just quiet because noone is playing it? Has anyone actually turned one of these on?

what is so good about the 360? Gears of War??? Halo!? HA! Hardly worth the red ring of death if you ask me.

Plus the disc is hot as ^^^^ when your done playing, like it was in an oven, except it didn't melt.

Hah,

PS3 to Xbox 360:

"Your fans are no match for my technologically supperior turbines!"

Xbox 360:

"Ahhh! fail......"

Seriously though. I prefer the Xbox 360 far beyond the PS3. I'd only buy the PS3 as a Blu-Ray player.

you guys done the fan test/ dust extraction thing?

I tested the hell out of my system this weekend. I accidently left it on Friday night and didn't know until I came back from Loki's Sunday afternoon. :eek: It passed the test. :lol

Mine is VERY quite, it almost never makes a sound. I think I know the difference though, the PS3 is never on ad the 360 is on. Is it loud I wouldn't say it any louder then any other computer CD/DVD drive. Can i hear is when I am playing , no can i hear it when its loading and there is no sound yes. Have I had any other issues no. Plus the 360 controllers are not made for kid size hands. The design worked well before the sticks were added and needed but now it just a odd feel doesn't fit the hand very well if you have to use the sticks.

Back