Should Melting Faces Be Exculsives?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should the "melting heads" be SSC exclusives?

• Yes, to raise the exclusives' value.

Votes: 20 50.0%
  • No, to give everybody a chance.

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • I really don't care.

Votes: 13 32.5%

• Total voters

Dr.Mirakle32

Super Freak
Reaction score
Let's face it, one of the most memorable scenes in the Indy trilogy, is of course the opening of the Ark. I'm hoping that 1/6th scale versions of the characters from that scene will soon be announced by Sideshow. Just imagine 12" versions of Belloq, Dietrich and Toht standing around the Hasbro (or SS) ark.

Now, crucial accsessories would be interchangable heads for all three. A melty head for Toht, a shriveled up head for Dietrich, and a pillar of translucent, fiery, head chuncks for Belloq.

Since exclusives should be ultimately minor and forgettable, but still nice extras, should SS go ahead and make the interchangable heads standard accessories, or website exclusives?

I'm gonna go with standard. They would make these otherwise bland characters to the casual collector, immensley popular fan favorites, and would give the rest of us a chance to get them. If SS made them exculsives, I would personally be severely pissed.

I voted yes, but heavens, not to raise their value! I hate that kind of thing. I only want them to be exclusive so that I can get a version without the gore and blood! If I wanted that kind of thing, I'd start collecting The Dead. Seriously though, I don't wanna pay money for a creepy villain's melting visage!

Exclusive or not, I hope a melty head is included...at least with Toht.

I doubt SS will make all three. Maybe Belloq, but I doubt a Dietrich. I love Indy stuff, but I don't see this as a long-lived line. It will disappear not that long after the film's release, probably by Christmas. Announcements will get few and far between...then nothing, like Bond and Apes and Kurgans.

My guesses for the line: Indy (several), Marion, Henry, Mutt, Irina Spalko, Belloq, maybe Toht...that would take us through the end of the year right there. Beyond that, if that, not too much probably.

I doubt SS will make all three. Maybe Belloq, but I doubt a Dietrich. I love Indy stuff, but I don't see this as a long-lived line. It will disappear not that long after the film's release, probably by Christmas. Announcements will get few and far between...then nothing, like Bond and Apes and Kurgans.

My guesses for the line: Indy (several), Marion, Henry, Mutt, Irina Spalko, Belloq, maybe Toht...that would take us through the end of the year right there. Beyond that, if that, not too much probably.

Aw . . . but Short Round is one of my favorite characters, just after Henry Jones Sr.! I need him! They should have put him in the new movie, instead of that darn Shia kid AGAIN. Why do they keep using that guy?!?!?

Aw . . . but Short Round is one of my favorite characters, just after Henry Jones Sr.! I need him! They should have put him in the new movie, instead of that darn Shia kid AGAIN. Why do they keep using that guy?!?!?

It's just a guess, who knows. I tried to pick characters that everyone seems to want en mass, or are related to the new film. Even Toht and Belloq might be lost for the new film's characters.

Maybe the Indy line will be more like Bond Legacy, focusing more on the various Indy incarnations rather than other lesser characters like Sallah, Short Round, etc.

No guarantee on anything here. I mean, they made a Bond line with Goldfinger or Blofeld. Nuff said.

True. I only hope that in the end, I have Indy, Short Round (use the new body!), Henry, and Sallah. Those are the most important ones to me. Oh, and maybe the knight from the end of Crusade. After that I don't need anybody else; there aren't as many characters that I care about in this line, unlike LOTR and Star Wars.

I REALLY hope you're wrong...

Aw . . . but Short Round is one of my favorite characters, just after Henry Jones Sr.!

Great idea, I want a Short Round with a melting face exclusive! And Henry with melting face too! That would be awesome! :joy Melting faces for everyone!

I say make them exclusives because its something I think people can live without having but makes the Ex figures a touch more special.

I want melty face exclusives! That would be amazing!

oh and if this line does not get me a 1/6th Mola Ram, There will be hell to pay.

I definitely think melty faces need to be made... and I think that as exclusives they would really pack a punch that would lead them to being desirable. I don't think the stick and arrow coming with Indy will be must haves in the future :lol

:lol:lol I love this poll. I don't care whether they are exclusive or not. Just give me Mola Ram and some melting faces. :rock

Melting faces? Wasn't Toht the only one who melted? Dietrich imploding and Belloq exploded, which would be kinda hard to do in toy format. :lol

I think actual people should walk around with the ability to melt their own faces.

:monkey3

Back