NYCC exclusive CoF Jason review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
He's not sixth scale, but I thought some of the horror freaks might be interested...

With the New York Comic Con coming up this next weekend, I have three of my four reviews this week on exclusives you can pick up at the show. Tonight, it's Mezco's very cool pseudo designer vinyl version of Jason, in all his 9" glory. While I'm not normally a fan of the 'stylized' figures, this one really works for me. And look for a review of Mezco's NYCC exclusive Biggie on Tuesday at QSE, along with a Thursday night review of the AFX exclusive Civil War minimiates. And enjoy the show this weekend! You can find all the links at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading,

Michael
MWC

Great review as always...

But that's why I worry about Sideshow losing the licence...

I also can't work out which version of Jason this is...just a generic one I guess...

Thanks for the great review as always Michael. I'm still waiting for my regular version to come in. Being a friday 13th fan that I am, I might pick this version up as well.

I have to say I'm very impressed with this figure... not something I'd want to own, but Mezco really outidid themselves and the quality is very apparent. Also, from how nice the head and mask look I would have figured it was 2 separate heads, very surprised they could pull off such a great look using a removable mask.

I created this one for Mezco toys some time ago before they officially had the license. So yes it is supose to be a stylized generic Jason but I would say that I really had part 4 in mind when I made him :) I am a huge fan of the Friday films and wanted to make sure he didnt let anyone down when it came to details and acc. If your a purest sure you probably wont like it but if not give him a chance. lol! The standard version is just as nice :)

Oh and about the head and hockey mask... I really wanted it to fit well and did my best to do so. The only thing I think they added was a small brace on the inside of his hockey mask.. This probably made the mask actually snap into place.

It was a cool project...Mez had a vision and I tried to make it!
Pinkerton

Oh yea Michael thanks for the really cool review! Im sure Mezco would be happy also but I cant answer for them lol!

I own the reg, and I think the face paint looks much better.

This figure is very nice, I have the NYCC version, and I now want the regular version as well, and am REALLY looking forward to the upcoming Leatherface. Excellent work Pinkerton. (Really like the plush rotos as well)

Also, received the series 2 7" figures today, and am really happy with those as well.

Mezco are making me really happy this year. Some amazing figures and lineups.

Can anyone comment on how he would display next to the Mez stylized Hellboy? I don't have any Vorheese figs, and no stylish company for my HB and I was hoping they'd look good together. I can't seem to find Jason at any brick and mortar stores and I don't want to just order him blindly.

I'll take a look for you... They are similar in size as I was using the Hellboy as refrence when I was sculpting the Jason ;) My Hellboy is currently in pieces lol!

Pinkerton

Thanks guys I do try... Not everyone loves me but I am trying to change that! lol!

Welcome, glad to see you here and really like what you did with Jason :rock Like I said, I don't really collect the style of figures, but the quality is definitely top notch :rock

I'll take a look for you... They are similar in size as I was using the Hellboy as refrence when I was sculpting the Jason ;) My Hellboy is currently in pieces lol!

Pinkerton

Thanks! As long as they are around the same size, it should be fine. I can't wait to get this guy!

Im not a Friday the 13th fan, i mean i saw the movies and i think Jason its awesome, but im not a "fan". But i like this figure :), i only collect alien and predator figures, but i´ll try to buy this one :D

Can anyone comment on how he would display next to the Mez stylized Hellboy? I don't have any Vorheese figs, and no stylish company for my HB and I was hoping they'd look good together. I can't seem to find Jason at any brick and mortar stores and I don't want to just order him blindly.

I just got him in today.(the regular version) He's a good 2 1/2 inches taller than the Stylized Hellboy. I'll try to post pics this weekend. I have to say the pics don't do justice to this figure. He's really great in hand. I hope they make more stylized figures like this. Bravo!!:banana

I just got him in today.(the regular version) He's a good 2 1/2 inches taller than the Stylized Hellboy. I'll try to post pics this weekend. I have to say the pics don't do justice to this figure. He's really great in hand. I hope they make more stylized figures like this. Bravo!!:banana

Thanks. I'm thinkig of going to the con, so I guess I'll pick up the exclusive. I didn't realize how big he is!

Thanks. I'm thinkig of going to the con, so I guess I'll pick up the exclusive. I didn't realize how big he is!

Yup!! He's just under 10 inches. A tad smaller than Gentle Giant's Roto-Hellboy and 2 1/2 inches taller than Mezco's hellboy. I'd like to go to the con as well.. But Im working this weekend. :monkey2 Just order the exclusive online my friend.

Back