PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft 2

raider
04-13-2008, 05:20 AM
anyone buying this when it hits the shelfs? They have also put the date back to september now :( the first game use to have a cult following..... :chew

endless1
04-13-2008, 06:22 AM
Pics please or a link

raider
04-13-2008, 08:33 AM
http://eu.starcraft2.com/

raider
04-13-2008, 08:34 AM
you tube video of sum game play

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30MBljXxg3M

Bardoon
04-13-2008, 08:50 AM
Yes I'll be getting this. I've always loved Blizzard games and Starcraft was excellent with a fantastic storyline!

However I will skip out on any "World of Starcraft" games...I don't care for that crap.

endless1
04-13-2008, 08:52 AM
I think that was already sold out.

raider
04-13-2008, 01:22 PM
However I will skip out on any "World of Starcraft" games...I don't care for that crap.

lol i will agree with you there :monkey1

DeadLeaves
06-21-2009, 02:28 AM
Necro alert!

I know this game has been in dev forever, fingers crossed that it will come out by the end of the year. Loved the original, can't count the hours wasted playing it. I thought I would post this here rather than make a new thread.

StarCraft 2 1v1 shoutcast: http://www.starcraft2.com/features/battlereports/2.xml

hairlesswookiee
06-21-2009, 09:19 AM
don't know if i'll ever get this game. i liked the first one, but it never had a huge impact on me like others. one of my old roommates still plays it to this date and is so good at it it makes me sick.

LordofAscension
06-22-2009, 09:47 PM
I love this game. In fact I love it so much I run one of the world's largest fansites!

StarCraft Legacy (http://sclegacy.com)

I've had multiple opprotunities to play the game and so far it is amazing! The beta is right around the corner and I am so excited! :D :D

~LoA

DeadLeaves
06-23-2009, 02:25 AM
I love this game. In fact I love it so much I run one of the world's largest fansites!

StarCraft Legacy (http://sclegacy.com)

I've had multiple opprotunities to play the game and so far it is amazing! The beta is right around the corner and I am so excited! :D :D

~LoA

Cool, that's exactly what I want to hear! Will have to check out the site.

LordofAscension
06-23-2009, 07:40 PM
I hope you guys do check it out - I absolutely love doing it.

~LoA

DeadLeaves
06-24-2009, 04:29 AM
I hope you guys do check it out - I absolutely love doing it.

~LoA

Whoa... Just been looking around the site, you are a fan!!! Very cool.:cool:

LordofAscension
06-24-2009, 04:33 PM
Whoa... Just been looking around the site, you are a fan!!! Very cool.:cool:

Haha - well I'm glad you liked it. We do all sorts of things - cover news about the game, write reviews about products, write editorials regarding the game, etc etc. And I'll post back up later this weekend or the middle of next week - we have something we've been working for quite some time ready to go.

~LoA

Chimera 1
06-30-2009, 12:16 PM
No LAN for StarCraft 2. Have to use Battle.net. Say good bye to LAN tournaments.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6212765.html

DeadLeaves
07-14-2009, 04:45 AM
No LAN for StarCraft 2. Have to use Battle.net. Say good bye to LAN tournaments.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6212765.html

NNNNOOOOOO!!! DAMN YOU BLIZZARD!!!! I ask the question WTF why? LAN play is what made Starcraft great. Stupid decision, but not financially of course, you'd think they had enough cash after gouging the WoW community for all these years...

Something Sexy
07-20-2010, 07:37 PM
Ready to go next week _____es. I got my collectors edition preordered a while back.

dominishin
07-20-2010, 10:31 PM
It's hard to believe it's actually being released in a week.

Something Sexy
07-26-2010, 11:00 AM
I am picking this up tonight at midnight!

plasmid303
07-26-2010, 04:06 PM
Surprised there aren't any reviews for this on the day before its release.

SSC_Nerd
07-26-2010, 05:11 PM
Surprised there aren't any reviews for this on the day before its release.

I remember reading there won't be any released until the day of the release.

Biojex
07-26-2010, 08:44 PM
Anyone going to a midnight release for this?

Something Sexy
07-27-2010, 07:39 AM
Anyone going to a midnight release for this?

I did and got my collectors edition but I didn't play it yet. :(

Only reason I went is because a bunch of friends all wanted to go but only one of us had balls enough to take off work to play today.

Theokan
07-27-2010, 08:28 AM
still waiting 2 more hours to get the digital release :impatient:

roguebaron
07-27-2010, 08:36 AM
picked mine up today, installing now. may not return for a bit :)

Tiny Eli
07-27-2010, 05:08 PM
I received my collector's edition today. Too bad I don't own a computer to play it on...need to rectify that soon.

vareika
07-27-2010, 10:11 PM
hopefully its sitting on my porch when I get home this week..

plasmid303
07-27-2010, 10:53 PM
Still no reviews (at least from what I see on metacritic). ActiBlizz really had this locked down tight if even the biggest publications don't have reviews of this out by now.

Biojex
07-27-2010, 11:44 PM
I;m having fun with it. they added a lot of presentation to it. and its a lot more cinematic.. and you actually get in close with the characters which is really cool.

nash
07-28-2010, 12:24 AM
do you have to pay for online service?

darthviper107
07-28-2010, 12:30 AM
Still no reviews (at least from what I see on metacritic). ActiBlizz really had this locked down tight if even the biggest publications don't have reviews of this out by now.

I'm guessing no one got early copies so they started playing the game today like everyone else. So they need time to put together a good review.

Biojex
07-28-2010, 12:41 AM
do you have to pay for online service?

no. it's free via battlenet

Kai
01-04-2013, 08:07 AM
Anyone know how to get back onto the ship after beating the game? I'm trying to play the lost viking arcade game. Apparently I don't have any saved spots so I can't go back.

Duck
03-09-2013, 04:23 PM
So this comes out Tuesday anybody getting it?? I would love to play some 2v2 with some people on here. I'm not very good, since I haven't played SC2 since a bout 3 months after it was released. Also looking forward to the new campaign :yess:

snappahead
03-10-2013, 07:23 PM
I still need to play SC2. I have it, but haven't played it yet.

chosenone
03-10-2013, 07:35 PM
I will be getting it haven't played in a long time so i'm hoping this one gets me excited to play again

darthviper107
03-10-2013, 08:24 PM
Mine's in the mail, super excited. I'm not very good at the game but I do enjoy the custom maps that are a bit easier to play, especially monobattles. They helped a lot in learning all the units and how to use them.

LittleBahamut
03-10-2013, 08:43 PM
I am super excited because I am very curious if Nova will actually go 1 on 1 with Kerrigan.

RabagaZt
03-11-2013, 05:40 AM
My CE is in the mail, so I guess I will have it on Thursday. Maybe I have to play WoL one more time before it arrives ^^

Shropt
03-11-2013, 05:42 AM
Threads merged and cleaned a bit.

Amazing how little this game has been talked about on these boards.

THX-182
03-11-2013, 05:45 AM
I already have the Collectors Edition of StarCraft 2 but haven't finished the main campaign. I have the Collectors Edition of Heart of the Swarm on the way so I gotta get playing. LOL

darthviper107
03-11-2013, 08:22 AM
I'm surprised people don't play the multiplayer much less don't finish the campaign.

Launch festivities:
http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/events/heart-of-the-swarm-launch.html

Drakul
03-11-2013, 09:27 AM
Threads merged and cleaned a bit.

Amazing how little this game has been talked about on these boards.

pretty shocking yeah. Freaking console whores! :P

I'm definitely getting the CE tomorrow (either at Best Buy or order it on Amazon). I've bought every single CE Blizzard has released since WarCraft III so it's not even a debate.

I have however still not played StarCraft 1 :monkey3

Duck
03-11-2013, 02:26 PM
I really want to get the collectors edition, but I don't know if I want it for 40 more dollars. I want the artbook and that is about it. Well besides the game of course. If anybody is going to be playing some 2v2 3v3 or 4v4s hit me up. Playing Protoss.

Duck
03-11-2013, 05:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtApSlAFlZ0 unboxing of the collectors edition

Vader AL
03-11-2013, 07:34 PM
Cool box there.

darthviper107
03-12-2013, 08:16 AM
Can't wait tog get home, game is coming in the mail

Drakul
03-12-2013, 08:49 AM
Well Amazon has run out of stock so I guess it's a sign to head to Best Buy today.

Drakul
03-12-2013, 11:58 AM
Back in stock at Amazon, $79.99 and ordered :)

The Chaver
03-12-2013, 04:34 PM
Playing the campaign now. Its really good so far.

The Chaver
03-12-2013, 04:44 PM
Oh, and I forgot to mention that when I tried to pay fro the game with my PP acount, instead of it bring me to my PP account to pay, it just gave me the game for free.. Something strange is going on over there at Blizzard, they're giving away free games!:lol:rotfl

Duck
03-12-2013, 05:10 PM
Well I am ranked 5th in my 3v3 division. Sadly I won't stay their :( I have to go to bed soon and I wont be able to play till tommorow night. Damn these kids who have no job or school taking my ****. :gah::lol

Enthus
03-12-2013, 05:15 PM
Well I am ranked 5th in my 3v3 division. Sadly I won't stay their :( I have to go to bed soon and I wont be able to play till tommorow night. Damn these kids who have no job or school taking my ****. :gah::lol

I'm just waiting a week or two to play competitively. By then the ranking will be far more accurate and I will be placed where I should be (hopefully).

Duck
03-12-2013, 05:41 PM
I'm just waiting a week or two to play competitively. By then the ranking will be far more accurate and I will be placed where I should be (hopefully).

Yeah right now the ranks and divisions are completely fubar. I was playing in silver league against another guy and last season he was Masters :cuckoo:

Bardoon
03-13-2013, 08:57 PM
Just started the Heart of the Swarm campaign! Pretty good stuff and a great lead-off of Wings of Liberty. Seeing Jim Raynor is like seeing that old friend from your childhood...I'm so glad he's a major part of the story. But it's cool that the focus is on Kerrigan. Smart storyline twist in the beginning really pulls you in and keeps you curious.

It's a little hard swallowing the three campaigns being stretched out like this as opposed to being in one singular game. Though I understand why they did it ($$$$) and it works. Hopefully the last game doesn't take nearly as long to get here as Heart of the Swarm did.

darthviper107
03-14-2013, 01:40 AM
As far as the splitting goes, each campaign is the same size as the original game, so you get a lot more time with each race. If they had wanted to do them all together it would have taken longer to release and wouldn't have had as much content.

Duck
03-14-2013, 02:30 PM
As far as the splitting goes, each campaign is the same size as the original game, so you get a lot more time with each race. If they had wanted to do them all together it would have taken longer to release and wouldn't have had as much content.

:exactly: I honestly believe they wanted to give each race a proper campaign. I don't know how many games give half *** stories when they switch on and off with each race, but Blizzard is actually giving a good and long campaign for each one. Anyone complaining about them splitting the campaigns up are crazy. WOL is a long *** campaign I mean what 30 missions I believe?

Drakul
03-16-2013, 03:26 PM
Just got my CE today. Gorgeous box.

Enthus
03-16-2013, 05:15 PM
Hopefully the last game doesn't take nearly as long to get here as Heart of the Swarm did.

My life for Aiur!

I can't wait for Legacy of the Void. Maybe it will be the more "radical" expansion, considering HotS didn't change all that much from WoL.

darthviper107
03-18-2013, 07:58 AM
Finished this over the weekend, pretty good campaign though there are a few things that bother me.

One is the massive amount of upgrades, they're fun but it really messes with how the missions can be played and I think makes things too easy. They also changed some of the fundamentals of Zerg play that might confuse people if they've never used Zerg in multiplayer before since it's different.

I'm also a bit disappointed in the cinematics, for the most part they are pre-recorded with game assets, unlike before there's barely anything that's rendered in real time, and instead of there being 4 high quality cinematics there's only 2. I don't know if it's just me but I like the idea of cinematics actually rendering on the machine, even if the pre-recorded ones have some effects that aren't possible in the engine. And the high quality ones are like a reward so it's kind of disappointing that there's only the opening cinematic (that we've already seen) and then a short ending cinematic that's done like that. Especially considering this game took long enough to come out.

Drakul
03-18-2013, 08:08 AM
Pre-recorded cutscenes with game assets doesn't bother me. Most of Warcraft 3 was told this way and I still watch them from time to time like a series. But granted War3 had 4-5 amazing cinematics.

RIDDICK
03-18-2013, 09:31 AM
Awful campaign. Even more stupid and pointless than WoL.

I still can't understand why call it "StarCraft II" if it's more like a fanfic based mod for "WarCraft IV"...

Bardoon
03-18-2013, 11:03 AM
Just finished the campaign, here's my thoughts. Spoilers though

Great campaign though not as good as Wings of Liberty's Terran campaign. The transformation of Kerrigan back to the new "super" Queen of Blades was an interesting twist but made it feel like all of Raynor's work in WoL was worth nothing. Though they do a good job of expressing the disappointment from his character and trying to explain it as a means to an end for Kerrigan to get her revenge.

I just find it hard to believe that Kerrigan would've believed a news story over Raynor's death when they spend the majority of the game explaining how Mengsk is a trickster, betrayer, etc. OF COURSE he's going to spread propaganda that Raynor is dead. DUH!

There were a bit of "race against the clock" type missions that bothered me. They were a nice change of pace, but it seemed like there were lots of them. I really liked the Hyperion level and how they changed things up. It would've been nice to have 2-3 extra missions though maybe featuring Zeratul or someone else to bring up how much of a threat this "Amon" is. If he is the great big bad guy, hopefully he's featured prominently in Legacy of the Void.

Overall, a great game, damn solid campaign which was fun. I'm looking forward to the Protoss one and I hope that one is lots of fun. I hope to play as Raynor again too!

I don't mind prerecorded cutscenes. I think they do a good job of advancing and moving the story along. Besides, Blizzard is famous for them and they've made some epic cutscenes in game's past!

darthviper107
03-18-2013, 12:41 PM
These are different though, the opening cinematic is amazing to watch, but only that cinematic and the last cinematic are done that way. The rest of them are all much lower in quality, though nicer than normal in-game cinematics, I get they were trying to improve the in-game cinematics from before, but they also used it so that they could save money on doing more of the higher quality cinematics.