Sarah Jane Adventures Discussion - Possible Spoilers within

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Memnoch

Lt. Vulture
Reaction score
So am I the only one watching this on Sci Fi tonight? So far I realllly hate that Kelsey girl. I hope she goes away very soon. I really think this is a good match to Who, much better than Torchwood. So, overall, so far so good.

Having already seen the series in the UK I also think this a better spinoff than Torchwood even if it is a kids show.

We're just one episode in here in the States, Sarah Jane isn't even in the same league as Torchwood season 2. That said, it's a fun show and I'm glad I can watch a Who spinoff with my son who was utterly disappointed (and still holds a grudge) because he could not watch Torchwood.

We're just one episode in here in the States, Sarah Jane isn't even in the same league as Torchwood season 2. That said, it's a fun show and I'm glad I can watch a Who spinoff with my son who was utterly disappointed (and still holds a grudge) because he could not watch Torchwood.

The first episode of SJA is not as good as the full series but I'm sure you'll be able to judge that whenever it gets shown. As for TW I don't think your son is missing out on anything. There is an edited version that gets shown at an earlier time over here though so if that gets shown in the US you'll be able to watch it with him after all.

There is an edited version that gets shown at an earlier time over here though so if that gets shown in the US you'll be able to watch it with him after all.

I heard about that, but it doesn't look like that will be an option in the US. I think the show (Torchwood) is great, but I agree, my son isn't missing much. I really don't think he'd be into the show, but from his point of view he just knows Captain Jack has his own show and he can't watch it.

Ah well, Doctor Who premiers Friday (in the US) and everything will be right with the world... :D

Saw the first episode and I dearly wished Kelsey would have been the first victim, but no such luck. Despite the pre-teen heroes, it seemed fairly adult for a kids show, those Brits don't coddle their kids. It was just as scary as I'd imagine Who is for kids.

And it's interesting that the mother is such a horrible person, and the backstory of her leaving Marie's father for another woman is also something you wouldn't expect on a kid's show. (I assuming since they didn't spell it out.) The sonic lipstick is a bit sexist though - why'd it have to be a lipstick?

Because Men do stuff like putting up cabinets and women wear make-up...

According to the show anyway...

There are some good episodes, not going to ruin it, but I still prefer Torchwood...

Saw the first episode and I dearly wished Kelsey would have been the first victim, but no such luck. Despite the pre-teen heroes, it seemed fairly adult for a kids show, those Brits don't coddle their kids. It was just as scary as I'd imagine Who is for kids.

And it's interesting that the mother is such a horrible person, and the backstory of her leaving Marie's father for another woman is also something you wouldn't expect on a kid's show. (I assuming since they didn't spell it out.) The sonic lipstick is a bit sexist though - why'd it have to be a lipstick?

When you get to see the full series you'll soon find yourself wanting the mother to be the victim of some alien as her character is hugely irritating. Fortunately you don't see her a whole lot so it's easy enough to tune her out without missing any plot details.

Not too keen that sci-fi is going to show these in 30 min. blocks. Are the stories mostly 2 episodes or are they an hour and a half like the pilot?

Glad to see that annoying girl is gone. But the show looks cheaper than Who - "oh, let's see what alien costumes we have in the closet - ah, these Slitheen were really expensive - let's use them again!"

Not too keen that sci-fi is going to show these in 30 min. blocks. Are the stories mostly 2 episodes or are they an hour and a half like the pilot?

Glad to see that annoying girl is gone. But the show looks cheaper than Who - "oh, let's see what alien costumes we have in the closet - ah, these Slitheen were really expensive - let's use them again!"

They're just episodes. I get what you're saying about the show looking cheaper but kids TV never gets the same budget as adult shows (which Doctor Who is now considered) so it's not really suprising.
The good thing about the Slitheen story is that the amount of farting jokes are reduced as their problem with gas when in human form is resolved.

I thought the last series of Doctor Who and Torchwood were both really poor so I'm hoping the next series of SJA goes some way to making up for it.
An appearance by The Brigadier who was a big part of the golden years of Doctor Who in the 70's is more than welcome as IMO he should have been brought back for "one last job" in Nu-Who already.

I stopped watching SJA - just couldn't get into it.

Same here. I gave it a shot for a couple episodes, but I just couldn't stay interested.

I did like the boy (I forgot what his name is), and thought he was an interesting character, but the stories and the other characters just ruined it for me.

Not to mention, K-9 is nowhere to be seen. (combating a black hole, wtf?)

I sat through the pilot. I hated the boy and the Mr. Smith computer. I actually forgot about the show until the Doctor Who finale and I cringed at being reminded. I think it's time to redesign K-9.

Well, for those that did watch the show...me, then...

There are photos of SONTARANS in the sets of the next series, as well as THE DOCTOR himself...

Update! The new trailer just aired on BBC One...

Confirm for the Sontarans!

For memnoch21:

DSCF3312A.jpg

11pj8.jpg

Back