RAIDERS Question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomandshell

Blue Flame of the West/Mod
Reaction score
So I just watched Raiders again because I've been in the Indy mood.

And I was left wondering something that hadn't really occured to me before:

How did Marion and Indy get off the island with the ark?

Is there any official explanation from the novelization or anything? I'm just wondering because I assume that Indy doesn't know how to pilot a sub all by himself.

Did all of the Nazis on the secret island die? Was Indy able to radio for help? Could he possibly have contacted Katanga for rescue? Did they row home on the ark, or perhaps attach an outboard motor?

:confused:

Just wondering if this has ever been addressed.

I think that's like asking how the droids got off the Millennium Falcon without being detected on the Death Star. I don't know.

Though just speculation, I assumed he radioed someone for help.

I heard an explanation for questions like this from Lucy Lawless. Whenever a fan notices something like this, the solution is simple - a wizard did it.

The way I see it, the Nazis had to get there somehow. They possibly took some sort of craft and sailed / flew back to mainland.

I read an early draft of the script. There was supposed to another action scene with Indy and Marion stealing a boat and escaping the island. The mine car chase was in it.

As a kid, I always assumed all the Nazis were dead and they took the submarine.

They were raptured. But Mimi Rodgers convinced them not to believe in God and they were sent back to the U.S.

Kidding.

If you haven't seen it. "The Rapture" with David Duchovany and Mimi Rodgers is a comedy classic. I don't think it was meant to be though.

I heard an explanation for questions like this from Lucy Lawless. Whenever a fan notices something like this, the solution is simple - a wizard did it.

Someone said in another thread that in the Indy novels (which all take place prior to Raiders) Indy comes across Merlin on a few occasions who helps him out...so that may be more accurate than we think. :lol

I always figured he radioed for help.

And while we're on the topic, how did he manage to ride the sub in the first place?

i always thought they radioed and Captain Katanga came and got them. Made sense to me. :cool:

As a kid, I always assumed all the Nazis were dead and they took the submarine.

Yea, only the Nazis that looked into the ark ate it.

And while we're on the topic, how did he manage to ride the sub in the first place?

Another deleted scene. German U-Boats sailed by skimming just underneath the water. He used his whip to tie himself on top of the ship and rode the way there.

I guess the island wasn't much of a secret after that column of fire went into the clouds.

Makes a pretty good SOS signal.

That's what I suspect as well.

Another deleted scene. German U-Boats sailed by skimming just underneath the water. He used his whip to tie himself on top of the ship and rode the way therel.

Hope it was a short ride, that couldn't have been much fun.

I've always wondered this myself. I may have to get the novels and see how they compare to the movies. I'm really finding myself in an Indy mood.

Not only himself and Marion, but they had to transport the ark as well.

Maybe God did it?

Back