X3 - horrible news!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dstephan

Looks like the new director on X-Men 3 might be....

....Brett Ratner! He not only sucks as a director I hear he's a jerk too....:(

I don't know... I really liked his work on Red Dragon. I think he did a great job and i forgave his hack job on Rush Hour. Then again, for a movie like Rush Hour, i guess he was fine, just not my movie. As for being as ass, I have no idea. I still wish it was Bryan Singer, but we'll see how this goes....

Here's something to chew on...

"Avi Arad wasn't kidding when he called the film "controversial," either. Three major characters that absolutely should not die, die. Really dead, too. Not Spock Dead. And one mutant who should not lose her powers, loses her powers permanently. Really loses them, too. And the sex scene... when you see who does what to who... oh, boy. The entire X-MEN universe may face some incredible overhauls, and it's going to be fascinating to see what fandom does when faced with this stuff".

Horrendous choice, hey but at least he and Bryan traded spaces. I'd rather see a Singer superman, even if it means Ratner does X-- its had its run

Good point Chuck - we got 2 good X-Men. I much rather have a crappy X-3 then a crappy Superman.

I'd add that we do in fact have two great Superman movies, the two that came out in '79 and '80. ;)

This is S#!*y news in my opinion, Ratner sucks, I hate every one of his movies, and I prefer Manhunter over his Red Dragon which was mediocre at best.
The other guy is an offensive slob. Flight of the Phoenix was tolerable but, as I listened to John Moore shouting and swearing on the special features, he just came off as a very negative idiot.
I say delay the movie even if it means great actors walking away from the project. I'd rather have it end on two great X-Men movies then on a very bad one. Especially when I feel Marvel has had a string of duds including the upcoming Fantastic Four movie, and that they had a potentially great one with Matthew Vaughn's X-Men 3. :(

yeah, there is talk that they will push it back and have Singer direct after Superman. But like everything else regarding this movie... it is just talk....

Three major characters that absolutely should not die, die.

Sounds like Alien 3....:puke

I agree that Ratner sucks as a director, although I also liked Red Dragon a lot. He needs to stick with Rush Hour 3 and 4. I still haven't seen X-Men 2, but the first one was really good. I'm just not a fan of comic book movies.

Dave, I also have heard that Ratner is a complete ass. I'm sure that it has to do with the fact that he is the privileged child of a well known Miami socialite.

Hey I liked Alien 3. :p Everybody keeps ignoring that Alien was always about Ripley and not about the Colonial Marines. sure I loved Aliens but, Fincher had to make his own movie the same way Cameron had to. And taking Hicks and Newt out of the picture was the way Fincher separated Alien 3 from Aliens.

I don't think it's such a huge deal for two main characters to die and one to lose their powers. This isn't the X-Men comics, it's the movie versions.
When I saw X-Men for the first time I was conflicted as to how I felt, on the one hand it was enjoyable and fun, on the other, these are not the X-Men characters that I grew up with. That's not the way I would see Wolverine and both Scott and Bobby should be the same age as Jean.
I like the movies for what they are, but I don't consider them X-Men canon.

Sounds like X3 to the X-men movies might turn out like AvP to the Alien and Predator movies.

Fun to watch, but if you don't leave all your intelligence at the door when you enter the theatre, you'll find yourself really bored.

Ditto what Screaming Metal said though, about Alien 3. I very very much like Alien 3. Especially Ripley's speach near the end when she describes the company and how nasty it is.

I'm sure this has been discussed to death, but I'm still new, so humor me :) Why is there a need for a Superman remake? Have they explained it? I mean, I love Superman, but I'm so completely sick of all remakes. Especially when you consider how much "new" (new to film) material exists within the comicbook universe!

As for the X-Men movies - I love them. I never read the comics, so I didn't know how they were "supposed" to be. Ever since I saw the first one on accident (a friend rented it because the store had sold out of what we had originally wanted to watch), I have been hooked. Of course, I think that Hugh Jackman is dead-sexy as Wolverine, so maybe that has something to do with it :dance

I don't think X3 will be boring, by any means. ESPECIALLY if they kill of 2 main characters and have one of them lose their powers. What I want to know, is who do you think is going to die, and who is going to lose his/her powers? Here's my guesses:

Storm and Cyclops will die and Rogue will lose her powers. Don't know why - but those are the ones that came to the top of my mind. I guess we'll see :dunno

There is always a need for a new Superman movie. It isn't a remake, it's a new story with the same characters. Why do we need a 2nd episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer?

I'm a huge fan of the first Donner film, but it's almost unwatchable now. Not just from a special effects point of view, but also the corny dialogue and buffoonish Luthor.

So I'm really looking forward to seeing a new Superman, Batman or X-Men movie. Just not if Brett Ratner is directing :puke

You guy's forgot the suckiest part.......Kelsey Grammer!!! As Beast!!???!!!

We had a thread about Grammer recently. Since Beast is an intellectual they really went with type-casting, pretty good choice IMHO.

Since I never read the comics or watched the animated versions but enjoyed X-Men 1 and 2. Am I going to hate what happens in 3 or is this just a butchering of the actual story thing?

X3

We had a thread about Grammer recently. Since Beast is an intellectual they really went with type-casting, pretty good choice IMHO

Why am I not surprised you wouldn't agree with me Dave? Makes me wonder if you thought Reb Brown was a good Cap.

Re: X3

Sorry Ironman, but I think Kelsey Grammar is the PERFECT casting choice for Beast!

BTW, Ratner is now OFFICIALLY attached to direct. We shal see....

X3

Really?? Maybe I'm just stuck in him being Frasier, that I can't see him as the big, lumbering, muscular man/creature who I always saw as Beast.
beast.gif

xmen_beast.jpg

kelseygrammer11.jpg

nope...still don't see it

Re: X3

That's true, but then which big lumbering actor would you suggest to play Beast, who is also incredibly brainy?

Seems to me like it's one or the other, and better to get a brainy type actor- you can always work on the physique with training and most likely in this case, effects and suits etc. Hard to make a big lump of a guy seem smart, on the other hand.

Only thing that slightly bothers me is that he's a bit old maybe. Otherwise it's a pretty great choice I think, especially if you're going with a name star instead of an unknown.

Back