SSC Indy PF vs CM Indy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fubeca

Cage Fighter
Reaction score
OK thought it would be good to have thread to compare the Sideshow Collectibles Indy to the Cinemaquette Indy.

I really wanted to get the CM Indy, but the face on the SSC looks so good. Just wanted to get everyones feedback on how these two will compare...

I'm sorry--- but I don't think there's really a need for a comparison... The INDY PF blows the CM away... and at roughly a quarter of the price. It's a no brainer...

For anyone who'd buy the CM (and spend the dough) over getting the PF--- well, :banghead:duh:banana to each their own.:horror:google

I'm sorry--- but I don't think there's really a need for a comparison... The INDY PF blows the CM away... and at roughly a quarter of the price. It's a no brainer...

For anyone who'd buy the CM (and spend the dough) over getting the PF--- well, :banghead:duh:banana to each their own.:horror:google

what he said

What everyone said. There is no comparison, IMO. The p.f. blows the Cinemaquette out of the water.

I love the dynamic pose of the Cinemaquette...it would really stand out against the static, "standing straight" sculpts we see a lot of out there (sorry SSC PF Indy, that even includes you). :(

That being said, the Cinemaquette's likeness just keeps getting worse with every new photo/sculpt update I see PLUS it's out of my price range for something that hinges very strongly on the actor's likeness. The likeness of SSC's Indy is FANTASTIC and I can get by the "standing" pose. The only thing it has going against it is Sideshow factories' bad paint application which I hope will not be f'ed up!!!!!

:lecture :lecture

Sums it up perfectly.

I agree that the best thing CM has going for it is the pose. The other thing that may make CM better than SS is the scale, if you prefer the larger size that would be a mark in its column. Over all though SS has the better head sculpt and price.

I've seen the CM piece up close and its ok but simply not anyplace close to as good as the SS PF. The likeness of the SS PF is what Albert Pujols does to mistake pitches and the CM is what most of us would do to the same pitch. IMO even the other details are in SS favor then you toss in the price and its game over. :)

Yeah, take the Indy clothes off the Cinemaquette and you probably wouldn't be able to recognize him as Indy. Their Aragorn looks more like the Undertaker than Viggo.

But, even if the CM looked more like Harrison than the PF, I'd still get the PF. I can't bring myself to spend more than $600 on a single collectible.

I agree that the best thing CM has going for it is the pose. The other thing that may make CM better than SS is the scale, if you prefer the larger size that would be a mark in its column. Over all though SS has the better head sculpt and price.

Pose is what got me as well. I saw the CM version at Con and it looked great! But if they can't replicate that then yeah no question SSC Indy fo' sho'..if I had a wad of cash laying around!

The same thing pisses me off about the CM as that little GG bust of Indy. How in the hell does the whip end up wrapping around you like that when your whippin' it around? It's like logic goes out the window. The man is good with a whip, but not THAT good.

I'm personally sick of the Amsel art CM pose, been done to death. That actiony whip starts to look real cheesy after awhile. The SS pose is much classier and more badass IMO. The idol is a big plus in my book.

The snarky look on his face certainly complements the pose quite well. Unlike most companies, Sideshow rarely does action poses with their PF's. I most definetly prefer more relaxed poses over action poses. It's like they're just... standin' there. And I love that.

I most definetly prefer more relaxed poses over action poses. It's like they're just... standin' there. And I love that.

Me too. They look like high quality museum pieces that way and not so much like large scale toys.

I've committed to the CMQ Indy and I've seen the likeness in person, so I know it's great. I prefer the silcone and real hair too, although they haven't managed to get the stubble on Indy right.

But as much as I've defended the CMQ, the PF has a better sculpt and they've figured out how to paint the stubble so it doesn't overpower the face. I'm now on the fence about the Cinemaquette, especially if SSC does release more than one Indy as I suspect may happen.

I can see people liking the dynamic pose... but I really think the more (almost stoic) pose of the PF is preferable. It just has a very clean and classy look to it, and the sculpt... fuggedaboudit, Trev outdid himself on that one.

For me I way prefer the PF, and of course being a fraction of the cost is an awesome bonus :rock

Back