PDA

View Full Version : Dragonball: The Live Action Movie

Pages : [1] 2

The Mike
04-08-2008, 10:23 PM
This project has been talked about in various other threads but might as well consolidate into one thread.

Dragonball (2009)
Overview
Director:James Wong
Writers:Akira Toriyama (comic) and
Ben Ramsey (adaptation)
more
Release Date: 8 April 2009 (USA) more
Genre:Action / Adventure / Fantasy / Sci-Fi
Tagline: Summon the Eternal Dragon! more
Plot Outline: A young boy named Goku seeks out upon his grandfather's dying request to find the great Master Roshi and gather all seven Dragon Balls (of which he has one) in order to prevent Piccolo from succeeding in his desire to use the Dragon Balls to take over the world.

Production Notes/Status:

Justin Chatwin ... Goku

other cast:

James Marsters ... Lord Piccolo

Emmy Rossum ... Bulma

Yun-Fat Chow ... Master Roshi

Jamie Chung ... Chi Chi

Joon Park ... Yamcha

Randall Duk Kim ... Grandpa Gohan

Eriko Tamura ... Mai

Ernie Hudson

Texas Battle ... Carey Fuller

Luis Arrieta ... Teto

Shavon Kirksey ... Emi

Richard Blake ... Agundas
more

Why begin a thread now? Easy. They just released shots of Lord Piccolo on the net:

http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2008/04/08/dragonball-piccolo-costume.jpg

Much different than this:

http://www.angelfire.com/pa/Piccolosan/images/fightPiccolo.gif

I have a feeling when FOX releases the rights to show the facial make up which the artist on their site said they couldn't yet it won't look like this:
http://casadesign.free.fr/images/ptcr_piccolo.jpg

There are quite a few DB fans on these boards....thoughts?

Shai
04-08-2008, 10:28 PM
Im interested.:monkey1

piccolodaimaoh
04-08-2008, 11:00 PM
I have high hopes for this film and hope it is better than any of the Mortal Kombat movies. Hopefully they can do it justice. Either way I will see this film.
In the meantime the Jackie Chan/Jet Li film the Forbidden Kingdom looks like it has a Journey to the West type story. Can't wait.

SOLIDSNAKE
04-08-2008, 11:37 PM
man i have a bad feeling about it.
the DBZ characters are going to be hard to make look like the show in live action. The FX will be easy with all the CGI.

we all have to see i guess.

TOE
04-08-2008, 11:38 PM
The actor playing Goku looks too young.

I'm still gonna watch it even though so far I am not wowed.

lcummins
04-08-2008, 11:40 PM
...I'm still gonna watch it even though so far I am not wowed.

You have to watch it; it's DB!!! But yeah, it's probably going to stink!!! :D

TOE
04-08-2008, 11:45 PM
I been following the rumored DBZ movie since I heard that Ray Park was playing Vegeta so I am watching this no matter what, and besides its being produced by Stephen Chow so there is still hope

*crosses every fingers I've got*

SOLIDSNAKE
04-09-2008, 12:50 AM
yeaa lets cross our fingers.

I am a huge fan so I hope they dont dissapoint Us.

KAME HAME HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

lcummins
04-09-2008, 01:49 AM
Why doesn't the cast list anyone for Krillin?

lcummins
04-09-2008, 01:54 AM
I was looking up Dragonball on Wikipedia and was surprised to see it has been dubbed 4 times by 4 companies!!! It apparently didn't take off the first couple of tries at syndication... :google

SOLIDSNAKE
04-09-2008, 02:51 AM
dragonball z holds the record of the anime that's being translated in evry Language in the world.

thats awsome !!

I remember I went to colombia one summer for vacation and man DBZ was on evryday at 6pm and all my cousins ran to the TV to watch it.
It was funny I had a DBZ T-shirt on and goku was super sayin and my cousins where like who is that blonde guy on your shirt.
They where just at the sayin saga so they had no idea what a super sayin was.

LOL

DBZ #1

SOLIDSNAKE
04-09-2008, 02:52 AM
Why doesn't the cast list anyone for Krillin?

yeaa where is krilin ?

carbo-fation
04-09-2008, 07:28 AM
I have very, very low expectations for this movie. But I'll still watch it just because it's DBZ.

bagelsncheesey
04-09-2008, 07:34 AM
I have a bad feeling about this.

lcummins
04-09-2008, 07:40 AM
I have very, very low expectations for this movie. But I'll still watch it just because it's DBZ.

No... it's Dragonball! :lol :monkey3

The Mike
04-09-2008, 09:28 AM
That should be noted. Its NOT Dragonball Z which most are used to. Its an adaptation of the original Dragonball series. I find it interesting about the comments about Justin Chatwin being too young, when in the series this is being adapted from I believe Goku was actually 10.

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/GEE/1539~Dragonball-Posters.jpg

Should be interesting to see how close they get to the original since the looks are already changing and I doubt they'll be a tail on Goku at all....

nash
04-09-2008, 03:43 PM
Mortal Kombat movies comes to mind when i think about how bad this movie will end up being.

TOE
04-09-2008, 03:50 PM
Some websites claim it to be Dragonball while others call it Dragonball Z.

lcummins
04-09-2008, 04:29 PM
Some websites claim it to be Dragonball while others call it Dragonball Z.

It is probably a combination of the two, since really, DBZ was just a continuation of DB... in the stills, he is obviously in his late teens or early twenties, which would be more DBZ time-frame.

YoNoSe
04-09-2008, 04:37 PM
I read a script review not too long ago. I can't remember the details (if it was even a legit review) but I think this is basically Dragonball/DBZ ala Smallville.

I don't actually have a problem with that. I love DBZ but it certainly could not be translated directly. I'm expecting it to be completely bastardized, but as long as I get to see a live action Kamehameha I think that warrants a ticket from me.

Then again, I once thought the mere sight of Optimus Prime transforming onscreen would be enough to make me happy. So I've been wrong before...

TOE
04-09-2008, 05:23 PM
Combining DB and DBZ is a disaster in the making. I really hate it when Hollywood rush things and leave out the good stuff.

piccolodaimaoh
04-10-2008, 12:56 AM
Combining DB and DBZ is a disaster in the making. I really hate it when Hollywood rush things and leave out the good stuff.

From what I have read it is not going to be a combination of Dragon Ball and Dragonball Z, it will be straight Dragonball. From what I have heard it will be a combination of the Piccolo Daimaoh Saga when Son Goku was in his early teens and the Ma, Jr Saga when Goku was in his mid to late teens.
Here is what I read -
Piccolo will be trying to track down the Dragon Balls with the help of Pilaf and his henchmen ala the Piccolo Daimoah Saga. The good guys will be trying their best to track down the Dragon Balls first to prevent Piccolo from gaining the Dragon Balls and taking over the Earth.
The only difference is that instead of Tenshinhan, Chaozu and Kamesennin being the 3 heroes trying to stop Piccolo the list will now include Son Goku, an older Goku at that. The look they are going for with Goku being this young has to be the end of the series when Goku was in his late teens and he defeated Ma,Jr (Piccolo) for the last time at the Tenkaichi Budokai.
Personnally if they are going to do a Dragon Ball movie this would be the Saga to do considering the top villain for the entire series of Dragon Ball is also the main villain, Piccolo. The only difference is they changed the age of Goku and had him at the forefront of the fight, not just show up at the end and save the world. The only problem I will have is if they call this Dragon Ball and have Goku go Super Saiya-jin in the movie. That would be crazy.

Rogue Trooper
04-10-2008, 11:27 AM
I read somewhere a while ago that there would be a trilogy. The first film being Dragon
Ball with Younger Goku in a Piccolo Sage style movie, the second being a Dragon Ball Z with Vegeta coming to earth something along the lines of Saiyan Prince and the third being the Freiza saga. I'd be happy with that myself.

The Mike
04-10-2008, 12:24 PM
DBZ could never itself be translated directly into film....the sagas last so long with so much in them building that they'd be nine hour films....I'm worried about this one but am willing to withhold judgment until I see a trailer or two.

galactiboy
04-10-2008, 12:26 PM
I will predict that this will suck! But I also predict that I will see it when it comes out :lecture

YoNoSe
04-10-2008, 12:43 PM
I will predict that this will suck! But I also predict that I will see it when it comes out :lecture

That's the spirit!:D

Bardoon
04-10-2008, 02:27 PM

Yeah I don't have big expectations for it but I LOVE Dragon Ball so I will certainly see it. If they make a trilogy that would be great! We'll see how it goes.

If anything comes out of this I hope it brings DB's popularity back to the forefront and maybe we'll get a new series after this all...or perhaps a "re-imagining" of DB,DBZ,DBGT.

nash
04-10-2008, 07:28 PM
What i'd like to see is Dragonball Z with 3D animation like the new clone wars series.

lcummins
04-10-2008, 08:03 PM
DBZ could never itself be translated directly into film....the sagas last so long with so much in them building that they'd be nine hour films....I'm worried about this one but am willing to withhold judgment until I see a trailer or two.

I disagree... they dragged out those plots and fights so long it was ridiculous at times! They could easily be condensed down into a movie without losing a thing! IMO... :lol

lcummins
04-10-2008, 08:04 PM
What i'd like to see is Dragonball Z with 3D animation like the new clone wars series.

...or Appleseed Ex Machina! That would actually rock and they could get the original voices we all know and love!!! :rock

Bardoon
04-10-2008, 08:12 PM
The anime HAD to drag the Sagas out so long with filler stuff because the mangas covered it all almost TOO quick to fill a usual 26 Japanese Episode "Season". The movies would cut the fat and get to everything quickly.

Yes they were certainly "too long", but that's how it had to go for TV. But sometimes it's worth it. I'm all hyped again on DBZ I bought all the Season sets and re-watching them is some fond memories. I'm on the Frieza Saga right now but waiting for Goku to finally arrive on Namek during the Ginyu Saga was all the much sweeter when he finally did...because it took SOOOOO long and built your excitement and eagerness that when he finally got there I swear I was giddy like a school-girl. It was WORTH the wait.

lcummins
04-10-2008, 08:55 PM
The anime HAD to drag the Sagas out so long with filler stuff because the mangas covered it all almost TOO quick to fill a usual 26 Japanese Episode "Season". The movies would cut the fat and get to everything quickly.

Yes they were certainly "too long", but that's how it had to go for TV. But sometimes it's worth it. I'm all hyped again on DBZ I bought all the Season sets and re-watching them is some fond memories. I'm on the Frieza Saga right now but waiting for Goku to finally arrive on Namek during the Ginyu Saga was all the much sweeter when he finally did...because it took SOOOOO long and built your excitement and eagerness that when he finally got there I swear I was giddy like a school-girl. It was WORTH the wait.

I really have to get the season sets. I never got to see the ending of the Majin Buu saga and everything that came after it. Cartoon Network moved it from late night back to early afternoon and I just never got around to finishing it! I feel so unworthy... :monkey2

...but at least I've still got several episodes to look forward to watching for the very first time!!! :rock

The Mike
04-10-2008, 08:59 PM
The end of DBZ was kind of anti-climatic after the Buu saga but all in all its still amongst my favorite animes.

piccolodaimaoh
04-10-2008, 09:28 PM
The end of DBZ was kind of anti-climatic after the Buu saga but all in all its still amongst my favorite animes.

But see, that wasn't the end because Dragonball GT started up almost immediately if I remember correctly. The original run of DBZ had the preview for GT at the very end of the last DBZ episode.

lcummins, I agree with you 100%. If they did this the same way they did Ex Machina it would look amazing.
I also agree with you that if you took a room full of Dragonball fans, a six pack of beer, a pencil and pad of paper you could crank out a movie based on one Saga, in this case the Piccolo Daimaoh Saga, that would be 2 hours or less but include all of the best aspects of the Saga. They do it in Japan all the time.
There are plenty of series that do an hour and a half to two hour movie that is based on a fraction of the series but include all the major events. Just look a the Fist of the Northstar movie from 1986. It is less than 2 hours but includes most of the best parts of the first half of the series.
I agree that this film might be horrible, but making a great movie based on Dragon Ball, in my opinion, can be done.

lcummins
04-10-2008, 09:33 PM
But see, that wasn't the end because Dragonball GT started up almost immediately if I remember correctly. The original run of DBZ had the preview for GT at the very end of the last DBZ episode.

lcummins, I agree with you 100%. If they did this the same way they did Ex Machina it would look amazing.
I also agree with you that if you took a room full of Dragonball fans, a six pack of beer, a pencil and pad of paper you could crank out a movie based on one Saga, in this case the Piccolo Daimaoh Saga, that would be 2 hours or less but include all of the best aspects of the Saga. They do it in Japan all the time.
There are plenty of series that do an hour and a half to two hour movie that is based on a fraction of the series but include all the major events. Just look a the Fist of the Northstar movie from 1986. It is less than 2 hours but includes most of the best parts of the first half of the series.
I agree that this film might be horrible, but making a great movie based on Dragon Ball, in my opinion, can be done.

They made two movies out of each season of GITS:SAC, but I'm not sure how that condensed it that much... there was a lot in each episode! :google

The Mike
04-10-2008, 09:34 PM

Here is the weird thing about Dragonball: Grand Tour.....Akira Toriyama had very little to do with the series. He designed the character looks including the Super Saiyan 4 designs and set off the premises to be like the original Dragonball where it is comedic in tone. They starting working on it towards the end of DBZ but then he dropped out I believe harboring creative differences. I know he said he wasn't happy about the Business Man Gohan and depowered Goten..... Many hardcore DBZ fans don't even consider it part of the series in a weird Expanded Universe type of deal.....

nash
04-10-2008, 09:40 PM

Bardoon, where did you get the Season sets? I used to watch them all straight from Japan so I didnt understand everything that was going on. There was no english dub in those days lol.

lcummins
04-10-2008, 09:42 PM
Bardoon, where did you get the Season sets? I used to watch them all straight from Japan so I didnt understand everything that was going on. There was no english dub in those days lol.

Best Buy carries them... also try Right Stuf

nash
04-10-2008, 09:45 PM
Best Buy carries them... also try Right Stuf

cool ill check them out. how many seasons are there?

piccolodaimaoh
04-10-2008, 10:02 PM
Here is the weird thing about Dragonball: Grand Tour.....Akira Toriyama had very little to do with the series. He designed the character looks including the Super Saiyan 4 designs and set off the premises to be like the original Dragonball where it is comedic in tone. They starting working on it towards the end of DBZ but then he dropped out I believe harboring creative differences. I know he said he wasn't happy about the Business Man Gohan and depowered Goten..... Many hardcore DBZ fans don't even consider it part of the series in a weird Expanded Universe type of deal.....

I am one of those fans who don't consider DBGT as connon because Toriyama really had very little to do with the series. I believe his bad experience with Bandai on DBGT is one of the reasons he is tentative to do anymore Dragon Ball stuff.
Plus, if you look at DBZ as a whole, the series should have ended at the death of Frieza. Toriyama went wild with the Cell Saga, tried to change the focus of the series with Gohan as the star in Great Saiya Man and ended the series with his stamp when Son Goku flew off with Uub at the one and only Tenkaichi Budokai in DBZ.
DBGT has its good and bad parts but if they let Toriyama has his way it probably would have been very different.

The Mike
04-10-2008, 10:20 PM
I believe I've read that Toriyama definitely wanted the series to move from Goku to Gohan and have him come into his own especially setting the stage that Gohan should have been more powerful then Goku or any other Saiyan with how fast he achieved SS2. The popularity of Goku and the overshadowing of Gohan made him change suit. Its also been rumored that he wanted to include SS4 in during the Buu saga but rewrote it all and included it in the initial plannings of DBGT. Personally, I absolutely hate DBGT except for the SS4 transformations because I believe its a nice natural progression but its the relationship with Bandai, you're right, that stopped him from doing anything past the DB Christmas Special which dealt with Goku's great-grandson.

piccolodaimaoh
04-10-2008, 10:52 PM
I believe I've read that Toriyama definitely wanted the series to move from Goku to Gohan and have him come into his own especially setting the stage that Gohan should have been more powerful then Goku or any other Saiyan with how fast he achieved SS2. The popularity of Goku and the overshadowing of Gohan made him change suit. Its also been rumored that he wanted to include SS4 in during the Buu saga but rewrote it all and included it in the initial plannings of DBGT. Personally, I absolutely hate DBGT except for the SS4 transformations because I believe its a nice natural progression but its the relationship with Bandai, you're right, that stopped him from doing anything past the DB Christmas Special which dealt with Goku's great-grandson.

Have you ever read Neko Majin Z? It is Toriyama at his best. The main character is a cat demon that was trained by Son Goku. It is more comedy than martial arts but includes new Saiya-jins, Frieza's son who looks really cool and a guest appearance by Son Goku himself!!
I know right now Toriyama has sworn off of Dragon Ball but who knows, in 10 to 20 years he might want to revisit everyone's favorite Kung-Fu/Sci-Fi/Fantasy Epic.

Also, I like to compare Goku to Superman just because the similarities are there and Toriyama has admitted to using Superman as a inspiration for DBZ. When it comes to Gohan taking over for Goku after the defeat of Cell it was very similar to when Superboy became the main focus in the Death Of Superman. I loved Superboy, but you were always wondering when Supes would be back. He is the star, even though Gohan is Goku just with more brains and less natural fighting ability.
I also like to compare it to when Ben Reilly took over as Spider-Man for Peter Parker in the Clone Saga. Same powers, slightly different look, even the same voice. It's just, you want the star back. The story is better when they are together. Like peanut butter and chocolate.

The Mike
04-29-2008, 05:08 PM
Teaser Poster:

http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2008/04/28/dragonball-teaser-poster.jpg

YoNoSe
04-29-2008, 05:14 PM
I was really hoping the tag line would be "Hold on to your balls!"
Oh, well...:dunno

Bardoon
04-29-2008, 05:42 PM
I was really hoping the tag line would be "Hold on to your balls!"
Oh, well...:dunno

LOL :lol

Or "Grab those balls!"

Nice poster, I like it.

Didn't Toriyama have little-to-nothing to do with DBGT? I think I remember reading that he did the initial character designs...but thinks like SSJ4 were NOT his design.

Plus he does not consider DBGT as part of his canon. I remember reading that the MMO Dragon Ball game will be much more in line as the DBZ follow-up than GT since Toriyama is directly involved with the development of the game.

The Mike
04-29-2008, 05:54 PM
Yeah I noted that a couple of posts above. He created the designs and then walked away.

piccolodaimaoh
04-29-2008, 11:04 PM
LOL :lol

Or "Grab those balls!"

Nice poster, I like it.

Didn't Toriyama have little-to-nothing to do with DBGT? I think I remember reading that he did the initial character designs...but thinks like SSJ4 were NOT his design.

Plus he does not consider DBGT as part of his canon. I remember reading that the MMO Dragon Ball game will be much more in line as the DBZ follow-up than GT since Toriyama is directly involved with the development of the game.

You are absolutely right, DBGT is not considered cannon on the Toriyama front. I can't wait to see what will happen with Dragonball Online. Maybe a new series?

Minigt
05-22-2008, 11:50 PM
More movie pics....
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii314/odinsbeard/DBZmovie1.jpg
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii314/odinsbeard/DBZmovie2.jpg
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii314/odinsbeard/DBZmovie3.jpg
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii314/odinsbeard/DBZmovie4.jpg

nsmpls
05-23-2008, 01:01 AM
I dont know ill watch it but cant say i expect the best movies lately around this type of stuff just does not cut it

YoNoSe
05-23-2008, 05:35 AM
This goes into the same category as X-Files 2 - I never in my life expected it to exist, so how bad can it be? I have absolutely no expectation for it and even if it's terrible, I'm going to probably enjoy some aspect of it. Too bad there's no CGI Oolong. We get Yamcha, but no Oolong?
Another X-Files/DBZ similarity - both series went squarely into the crapper before they ended, and I don't care, I still love them both.

lcummins
05-23-2008, 06:16 AM
Yeah, it's gonna suck, but we will all watch it anyway, either at the theater or on DVD... admit it, you know you will! :rotfl

carbo-fation
05-23-2008, 08:10 AM
:lol I still can't believe they're going in this direction. And why the f#ck doesn't Master Rochi have a beard and not bald? This will blow but as Lonnie said, I am going to watch it.

Gatack
05-23-2008, 08:17 AM
Yeah, it's gonna suck, but we will all watch it anyway, either at the theater or on DVD... admit it, you know you will! :rotfl

It will suck and blow then regurgitate everyone's deepest cinematic fears. Total crap. It's got Download written all over it.

Kratos
05-24-2008, 01:33 AM
More movie pics....
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii314/odinsbeard/DBZmovie1.jpg
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii314/odinsbeard/DBZmovie2.jpg
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii314/odinsbeard/DBZmovie3.jpg
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii314/odinsbeard/DBZmovie4.jpg

What to say???
I'm ify about this film but I guess we will wait and see but yea its just going to give new viewers to DB/DBZ/DBGT a false impression of what the cartoon is really like if they have not seen this before :banghead

Kratos
05-24-2008, 01:38 AM
I want this too be good
I mean I have been a die hard fan since day 1 so I want it too sort of succeed I mean I don't want my favorite childhood programs too be entire crap on the big screen

The Mike
06-24-2008, 10:31 AM
GOD.....I love the look they gave Emmy Rossum.......Even if this film sucks it'll still continue my love affair with Bulma. :lol

http://www.film1.nl/images/plaatjes/44319.jpg

The Mike
06-24-2008, 10:45 AM
Gotta love the Blue Stripe they are giving Bulma. Man....I'm crushing on Emmy Rossum...

http://dbthemovie.com/gallery/albums/cast/emmyjamie.jpg

plasmid303
06-24-2008, 01:58 PM
Yeah, Emmy's a beauty. Too bad she's stuck in a dead end movie.

Who's the Asian chick Emmy's standing next to? I haven't seen her in a movie, I don't think.
"Jamie Chung," never heard of her.

SOLIDSNAKE
06-25-2008, 04:04 AM
hey guys just saw the first poster for the movie.

This looks bad !! real bad. I am very disapointed.
that looks like it might be picolo on tne back.

let me know what you guys think.
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n9/snake_029/44319.jpg

atleast they got the dragonball right :)
looks like Yun-Fat Chow is master ROSHI OMG !! :(

Shai
06-25-2008, 04:11 AM
is this an American production?

Sachiel
06-25-2008, 04:12 AM
It's a KRAP production.

SOLIDSNAKE
06-25-2008, 04:15 AM
is this an American production?

I think so man.
I see the 20th century fox logo.

Shai
06-25-2008, 04:15 AM
It's a KRAP production.

ahhh I see.......:lol

I will then watch it the same week-end that I'm going to see the Gi Joe movie.....on fail day.:lol

FOKAI_SNAKE
06-25-2008, 04:18 AM
Horrible!!! Akira Toriyama must be pissed.:mad:

SOLIDSNAKE
06-25-2008, 04:19 AM
ahhh I see.......:lol

I will then watch it the same week-end that I'm going to see the Gi Joe movie.....on fail day.:lol

LOL!

yea I will go see them but man I have a bad felling about this.

SOLIDSNAKE
06-25-2008, 04:22 AM

DAM RIGHT HE IS PISSED !!

I am pissed !!

man just do a nice anime/CG movie and call it DBZ LEGENDS!! and make them fight some crazy new villan.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n9/snake_029/50274776_1d661a21fd.jpg

something like this For the fans

FOKAI_SNAKE
06-25-2008, 04:32 AM
the girl holding the gun in the purple shirt must be Bulma

SOLIDSNAKE
06-25-2008, 04:33 AM
yeaa I belive so !

wow this looks bad !

creature4000
06-25-2008, 04:53 AM
Seriously... how could they turn DBZ into a live action movie... and expect it to be good without a huge budget.

C-Phan
06-25-2008, 05:40 AM
I don't know what to think, cry or laugh....

Slingblade
06-25-2008, 10:24 AM
the girl holding the gun in the purple shirt must be Bulma

Shes got a nice rack tho... :monkey5

carbo-fation
06-25-2008, 10:25 AM
Movie looks like crap! But will watch it nonetheles.:lol

rabidwolverine21
06-25-2008, 10:26 AM
to me this is a classic example that not all cartoon or comic book series should be made into a live action film

The Mike
06-25-2008, 10:58 AM
She was on The Real World: San Diego. I believe this might be her first film.

The Mike
06-25-2008, 10:59 AM
The search button IS your friend.

There is already a six page thread here:

http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32441

tomandshell
06-25-2008, 11:15 AM
http://www.umbc.edu/oit/images/merge.jpg

The Mike
06-25-2008, 11:58 AM
:lol Go Tom!

SOLIDSNAKE
06-25-2008, 12:03 PM
sorry I dint see the other thread before but thanks for mergin it :)

:chew :chew :chew

SOLIDSNAKE
06-25-2008, 12:03 PM
Shes got a nice rack tho... :monkey5

hahahhahaha !! at least that sling

p!tu
06-25-2008, 12:05 PM
hey guys just saw the first poster for the movie.

This looks bad !! real bad. I am very disapointed.
that looks like it might be picolo on tne back.

let me know what you guys think.
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n9/snake_029/44319.jpg

atleast they got the dragonball right :)
looks like Yun-Fat Chow is master ROSHI OMG !! :(

:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Where The ^^^^ IS AKIRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean come on!!!!! He neesd to do something this is so freaking gay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOLIDSNAKE
06-25-2008, 12:21 PM
:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Where The ^^^^ IS AKIRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean come on!!!!! He neesd to do something this is so freaking gay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeaaa terrible bro !!! AKIRA should bring all the DBZ gang and fly over the studio and .............

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n9/snake_029/20th-century-fox-logo.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n9/snake_029/logo_Kame-hame-ha.jpg

KAME HAME HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!! ON 2OTH CENTURY FOX !!

p!tu
06-25-2008, 12:25 PM
This movie needs to be made in ADVENT CHILDREN 3D!!!

Not live action!!!!!!!!

tomandshell
06-25-2008, 12:28 PM
It has Emmy Rossum. She was in Poseidon.

:D

The Mike
06-25-2008, 12:29 PM
I am completely in love with the way they've made Emmy Rossum look. She was good before but add a great Anime styled hair cut and....WOWZA! :rock

carbo-fation
06-25-2008, 12:37 PM

And in Day after Tomorrow! Both great movies!:monkey1

SOLIDSNAKE
06-25-2008, 12:42 PM
this is a very sad day for me being such a huge DBZ fan.

I have being with dbz for years now and this is the thanks we get.

terrible !! :(

SOLIDSNAKE
06-25-2008, 12:44 PM
GUYS !!

lets start a petition to STOP THIS MOVIE !! from releasing !!

WHO IS WITH ME !!

Eli26
06-25-2008, 12:56 PM

Poseidon was a fantastic movie! Yes, fantastic...ugh, no it wasn't. Meh, I'm bored...soo how is Tom?

Eli26
06-25-2008, 12:58 PM
GUYS !!

lets start a petition to STOP THIS MOVIE !! from releasing !!

WHO IS WITH ME !!

No!!! I need new beer coasters when it's released on DVD and it's in the bargain bin for 99 cents! DON'T YOU EVEN DARE! I NEED BEER COASTERS!!! Don't take this from me dammit!

SOLIDSNAKE
06-25-2008, 10:42 PM
No!!! I need new beer coasters when it's released on DVD and it's in the bargain bin for 99 cents! DON'T YOU EVEN DARE! I NEED BEER COASTERS!!! Don't take this from me dammit!

hahahahhaha ok man !! you can have your beer costers because I have the feeling it will be in theaters for 2 days and straight to dvd.

FOKAI_SNAKE
06-25-2008, 10:47 PM
this is a very sad day for me being such a huge DBZ fan.

I have being with dbz for years now and this is the thanks we get.

terrible !! :(

i know how you feel man! first funimation now this:(

The Mike
07-09-2008, 10:32 AM
New Pics:

http://dbthemovie.com/gallery/albums/official/dragonballJSQ8_1.jpg

http://dbthemovie.com/gallery/albums/official/dragonballJSQ8_3.jpg

http://dbthemovie.com/gallery/albums/official/dragonballJSQ8_5.jpg

carbo-fation
07-09-2008, 10:37 AM
:lol

A blue suit?!?! You'd think they could've at least gotten that right.:rolleyes: I guess Emmy Rossum must've been really desperate for a role.:monkey1

Ktjn
07-09-2008, 10:46 AM
Movie looks like crap! But will watch it nonetheles.:lol

Don't watch it, you don't want to give them motivation for a sequel.

Casting characters from MTVs the Real World. :horror CYF what were you thinking, is Tekken next on your list.

I can't wait to see........... which movie bombs worst, DB or Gi Joe.

The Mike
07-09-2008, 10:48 AM
They did get the Blue Suit right. Remember from the get go this film was based on the original Dragonball not Dragonball Z. The argument that was used as I read on one thread is the the DB adventure was while Goku was a kid and then DBZ picks up at Goku's adulthood so they moved the DB story up in age.

http://f.screensavers.com/migration/wp/db_goku_215.gif

http://www.cartonionline.com/GIF/CARTOON/dragon%20ball/GOKU/Goku-home.gif

http://tu.tv/imagenes/videos/d/r/dragon-ball-episodio-81-parte-3-3_imagenGrande.jpg

http://artbyele.altervista.org/immagini/goku2.jpg

The orange GI switch does occur but not into deep into the series.

The Mike
07-09-2008, 10:48 AM
I can't wait to see........... which movie bombs worst, DB or Gi Joe.

GI Joe. I guarantee it.

The ill Jedi
07-09-2008, 11:30 AM
It's a good thing I was never a Dragonball Z fan, this looks like it's gonna be a crapfest. :D

bagelsncheesey
07-09-2008, 11:35 AM
It's a good thing I was never a Dragonball Z fan, this looks like it's gonna be a crapfest. :D

Understatement of the year my friend. :monkey4

SOLIDSNAKE
07-09-2008, 11:42 AM
New Pics:

http://dbthemovie.com/gallery/albums/official/dragonballJSQ8_1.jpg

http://dbthemovie.com/gallery/albums/official/dragonballJSQ8_3.jpg

http://dbthemovie.com/gallery/albums/official/dragonballJSQ8_5.jpg

I say he looks so so but still think this is going to be bad.
yea the blue GI looks ok. the orange one is latter down the series.

one question !!

WHERE IS HES TAIL !

p!tu
07-10-2008, 09:53 PM
this pics make me cry:monkey2

The Mike
07-12-2008, 12:03 AM
Found this article and it made me laugh....then cry.

8 Ways They're Going to ^^^^^k Up the Dragonball Movie
Posted at 5:04 AM Jul 11, 2008
By Bryan Hartzheim

Stand In?
http://www.toplessrobot.com/justin_chatwin_goku-thumb.jpg

We’ve now seen the first poster of the live-action Dragonball movie, and it is not satisfactory. Let’s start with the good: they got the number of stars on Goku’s original Dragonball correct. And now the bad: Bulma looks like Claire from Resident Evil, Master Roshi looks like Chow Yun Fat wearing a Hawaiian shirt, Chichi looks like nothing, Goku looks like he’d be at home at a bro bar, and Mai—who gives a ^^^^ about Mai? At best, she was a minor comic foil to Pilaf’s antics. She doesn’t throw a punch in the whole comic series. Worst of all is how Goku holds his Dragonball like Yamcha’s weak-ass “super move,” sokidan.

This does not look good. Next thing, we’ll be getting Krillin totally written out of the movie and replaced by some random asshat. Wait, this has already happened, you say? This movie is shaping up to be one giant ass-eating piece of suck. Before things get any worse, we’ve assembled a must-have list of elements for the movie to retain from the series in order to keep the spirit of the original Dragonball intact. That’s right, the original series (the arc this movie is being based on); no “It’s over nine-thousaaaaaand!” Z bull^^^^ here. Not including a single one of these things will result in something significantly worse than Dragonball GT.

8) No Gratuitous Shots of Bulma’s Boobies
http://www.toplessrobot.com/8%20Bulma.png
By last count, Bulma bares her bust at least three times to various horny males, including the time Oolong changes into her to show her vanilla pudding bags to Master Roshi (she also does one emphatic flash of her bottom half, for good measure). Yes, before she became relegated to fixing broken Dragon Radars and sporting groovy new hairstyles of the day, Bulma was the series resident fan service who flashed us more than a drunken college chick in Girls Gone Wild (well, nearly as much). To be deprived of her rack for a sissy PG-13 rating would be a disservice to any red-blooded male and many rugged, rack-appreciating females (God bless you gals!). Emmy Rossum’s shirt should come down at least twice, with close-up of Yamcha's nosebleeds when appropriate.

7) Starring More Svelte Femme Fatales than Testosterone-Induced Warriors
http://www.toplessrobot.com/7%20male%20cast.jpg
On that note, seriously, the entire Dragonball series has like, two legitimate female fighters, one of whom is an android. Even including the movies, the world of Dragonball is not a female-friendly place. It’s a Darwinian landscape where women are shoved to the margins, and in those margins make rice balls for the hungry warriors. We don’t care what women are thinking about, unless it’s about how their men are so difficult to deal with—as they should be, the world-saving bad-asses that they are. So why does the poster have more chicks than dudes on it? Where the hell are Krillin, Tienshinhan, and all of Piccolo’s instrument-named henchmen? Why is Mai suddenly his right-hand “man”? This just smacks of marketing deception and equal opportunity employment. The fact is, in Dragonball, the women can’t do it too. Get Chichi back in the house making Gohan a geek; again, pull Bulma’s shirt down all the way to her ankles; and if we must include Mai, at least “reinvent” the series with a little lesbian action with Lunch in both her incarnations (is she even in this movie? No? Blasphemy!). Please, ladies, let us guys have this one and just go and eat chocolate and sip chardonnay or whatever it is y’all do together on a Friday night.

6) Making Goku More Like Gohan than God
http://www.toplessrobot.com/justin-chatwin-dragonball.jpg
http://www.toplessrobot.com/6%20Gohan-Study-thumb.GIF
Speaking of Chichi, all indications of story synopses point to a sad, sad premise of the movie: Goku is a high school student. Goku is a simple, generous soul, and probably the strongest manga character who ever lived. He is not, however, a student. Goku hates school, or, at least, he can’t read. We’ve never seen him read anything other than a Dragon Radar, and we’re not about to start with any of that learning nonsense now. Save the school story arc until the mentally-weak Gohan (that's him above) enters the story. Leave Goku, eternal savior and representative of the little guy (remember, he is the lowest level of Saiyan) as he is.

5) Replacing the Japanese Music with Generic '80s Metal

Man, Dragonball had some great music didn’t it? Of course, I’m talking about the original Japanese mood music, not the bastardized American metal rock. Don’t believe me? Compare the intros. First, the Japanese original Dragonball theme song:

It gets you pumped for the action and journey, with inspirational lyrics like “The world is itself a giant treasure chest,” and “Let’s break through the sky on cloud machines” that testify to the adventure of the search for seven magical orbs from God. The American song, on the other hand:

A bunch of ^^^^^^^s screaming “Rock the Dragon!” to wailing guitars like Ultimate Warrior’s intro music. It’s a little catchy in a mindless chant sort of way, but we’re taking the “mystical” quotient down several notches with this kind of stuff.

The Mike
07-12-2008, 12:05 AM
Part 2:

4) Creating Original Characters for the Movie
http://www.toplessrobot.com/4%20paikuhan-thumb.jpg
Original characters created apart from the author’s intentions are never a good idea. That’s how creatively-challenged anime TV series always ^^^^ up the original manga – they include unnecessary, unmotivated characters who have no relevance in the grander story arc, but can fill up precious screen time by stalling us while the manga’s creator thinks of new ideas. Hence, bland and derivative characters like Pikkon (or Paikuhan, above), the robot on Kaio’s tiny planet, and every filler character in Naruto. The movie is already including lame “schoolmates” of Goku’s named Weaver and Texas Battle. These characters should not have any role whatsoever in the movie other than to die swift, grotesque deaths, ala assassin Tao Pai Pai's tongue-into-the-temple. That being said, we don’t need every single dead member of the Red Ribbon Army either (just General Blue—he’s hilarious!). Speaking of dead characters, making Master Mutaito into Sifu Norris, played by Ernie Hudson, just sounds plain retarded, as does this description according to DB the Movie: “Male, late 50s—early 70s, noble and intelligent man, regardless of race or nationality.” Let me get this straight: you mean to say he’s intelligent despite his race and nationality? Wow, imagine that! Racist xenophobes.

3) Making Yamcha and Yajirobe Cool
http://www.toplessrobot.com/3%20yamcha2-thumb.jpghttp://www.toplessrobot.com/3%20yajirobe-thumb.jpg
Okay, so it appears that no animal characters are going to be included in the film, hence robbing us of an Oolong vs. Puar shape-shifting derby. (On a side note, we submit that Oolong and Puar make the best Dragonball slaves. You could make them change into every hot celebrity who ever lived and have sex with them – in Oolong’s case, however, only in three-minute quickies. Or you could send one to work everyday while you lie at home and have sex with the other one’s celebrity likeness. The possibilities are endless.) But with Piccolo as the main adversary, Vegeta not yet in the story, and Krillin, Goku’s BEST FRIEND, inexplicably written out of the entire movie, we might be seeing a lot more of Yajirobe and Yamcha, two of the most laughably weak characters who’ve ever lived on the combustible Dragonball earth as Goku’s posse. We love them, but they must be used as comic relief, if at all.

Yajirobe is, to quote Urban Dictionary, “a ^^^^^-ass character in the Dragonball series who pretty much does nothing except eat and give the other fighters senzu beans.” Perfectly said; he’s a ^^^^ing coward. But Yamcha looks like he’s going to enjoy some underserved bad-ass status when in reality he’s probably the most pathetic character in the entire series. Did you know that if you do something sad but hilarious like fall on your ass in a Japanese gym class, the other kids will say you pulled a Yamcha? (Check out this Japanese “tribute” to Yamcha’s efforts.) We’re talking about a character who, after his colleagues learned elaborate fireballs, sound-piercing energy blasts, and razor-like slicing beams, still thinks he can get by with the “Wolf Fang Fist.” Can’t anyone do the “Wolf Fang Fist”? It’s just a bunch of punches and kicks. Even when Yamcha does something more complex like a Kamehameha blast or spirit ball, he manages to ^^^^ it up somehow and get killed or maimed right after. I could go on and on about Yamcha.

2) Kamehameha Abuse
http://www.toplessrobot.com/2%20kamehameha.jpg
For all the jokes about Dragonball being a one-dimensional anime and manga series where the characters only use Kamehameha blasts to kill each other, they’re simply unfounded. Only two battles in the entire manga series have been decided by a Kamehameha: the Cell saga, and one early on where Goku turns a giant octopus into takoyaki (it’s true; look it up). The anime series uses Kamehameha blasts considerably more, but again, TV series always screw with the original creator’s intent. That being said, Kamehamaha blasts, while they must be doled out incrementally and with caution, need not be the end-all either. Goku and co. have finished off opponents by slicing off their heads; flying jump kicks and head butts to the abdomen; razor-blade beams cutting bodies in half; spontaneous combustion; delayed combustion; energy collected from the planet; turning people into cookies; and by switching bodies with frogs. Let’s not forget any of that invention.

1) No Fighting Tournaments
http://www.toplessrobot.com/1%20fighting%20tournament-thumb.jpg
Do you know the rumored story of how Akira Toriyama nearly ended Dragonball barely a couple dozen episodes into its initial run? Apparently, audiences weren’t digging the mix of martial arts and humor following Toriyama’s mega-gag manga Dr. Slump, so Toriyama was instructed by his editors at Shonen Jump to end the damn thing. Toriyama thought to himself that if he’s going to go out, he’s going out with a bang, and decided to pit all of his characters against each other in an elimination-style fighting tournament. The rest, as you know, is history, and the movie needs to incorporate this history by having at least one grand fighting tournament, and also having Wayne Knight or Dom DeLuise play that filthy ^^^^er Bacterian. You know, there are not nearly as many good obese actors as there used to be.

carbo-fation
07-12-2008, 03:11 AM

I agree with every point the author made and more, much, much more. This needs to be dropped and be forgotten about. Everything about this movie reeks of failure. :monkey4

The Mike
07-13-2008, 01:31 AM
Well all except Emmy Rossum as Bulma. I'm freakin' in love with her and the way they made her look in this film:

http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/dragonballfirst1.thumbnail.jpg

Ra88
07-13-2008, 08:42 AM

I thought he no longer cared about the franchise when it went past the Cell saga?:confused: I remember reading something about him being forced to extend it, and just trying to kill it by making it more and more ridicilous, which actually made it more popular...

The Mike
07-13-2008, 10:46 PM
He cared about DB until Z ended, helped the character design of DBGTT, but willing threw his hands in the air at that point and actually was in the works to do a whole new Dragonball series that focused on his (Goku) great-great grandson who was also named Goku. It was in a Christmas special that was put out a few years after DBGT ended but he never completed work on it. There are grumblings with the new movie coming out that he is going back to work on it but its still just grumblings.

CelticPredator
07-14-2008, 01:09 AM
I cant wait to laugh at this crap. Its PURE GOLD.

I hope they make those stupid constipated grunts when they power up, or whatever the hell they do.

The Mike
07-19-2008, 02:13 AM
New Japanese Poster:
http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/7789/dragonballjpposterru1.jpg

p!tu
07-19-2008, 06:07 AM
New Japanese Poster:

:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Sachiel
07-20-2008, 01:06 AM
Looks like Goku is finally going to get to save the world after all his stupid BS in War of the Worlds!

Oh wait.

SOLIDSNAKE
07-20-2008, 07:26 PM
:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

yeaaa :( :( :(

Kratos
08-02-2008, 01:46 PM
New Japanese Poster:

Please kill Justin Chatwin now :banghead:banghead:banghead

Kratos
08-02-2008, 01:48 PM
And since when the ^^^^ does Goku where Blue trousers they have always been Orange
And his belt never looked so ^^^^ until now :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

Kratos
08-02-2008, 02:01 PM
Not sure how Legit this is but the Dragon is definitely Shenron you just have to watch about half of the trailer before you see him
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbwrBjXziOY&feature=related

plasmid303
08-02-2008, 02:34 PM
Not sure how Legit this is but the Dragon is definitely Shenron you just have to watch about half of the trailer before you see him

huh, I didn't know the Silver Surfer was in the new Dragon Ball movie.

CelticPredator
08-02-2008, 04:18 PM

Are...you...freaking....kidding me?

The first second ALONE should tell you how freaking fake this trailer is. Thats old 20th Century Fox logo...

and then right to the Silver Surfer! Then probably D-War. Plus theres a freaking picture RIGHT THERE IN THE TRAILER...oy!

Kratos
08-02-2008, 06:24 PM
Yea I suppose you guys are right but that dragon did look like Shenron

The Mike
08-26-2008, 08:10 PM
No Super Saiyan for You?
08/25/08

Fox is apparently on a roll here with fans of the comic world.

First, there's the whole Watchmen debacle, that has fans ready to behead the powers that be over at Fox. Now there's rumors that the suits at Fox are less than impressed with the progress the Dragonball movie is making thus far. The film's already been pushed back to April of 2009, and now there's an alleged push to just drop the whole project.

Filmjunk.com seems to think that it could be a power move to pressure director James Wong to deliver better product, but with a supposed budget of $100 million dollars, a great deal is at stake for the property. Additionally, without a showing at San Diego Comic-Con, it's difficult to imagine what they've done as being "fan-pleasing". We'll see how it plays out, but with Stephen "Shaolin Soccer & Kung Fu Hustle" Chow at the helm, it should be pretty interesting…shouldn't it?

That report seems to be contradictory to this one doesn't it?

Dragonball Trailer Coming in October
Source:ComingSoon.net
August 26, 2008

ComingSoon.net has learned that 20th Century Fox will debut the first trailer for Dragonball in theaters on October 17 with the studio's video game adaptation Max Payne, starring Mark Wahlberg. We'll have to wait and see whether Fox will release the trailer online earlier that week.

Opening on April 10, Dragonball is written/directed by James Wong and stars Justin Chatwin, James Marsters, Jamie Chung, Emmy Rossum, Eriko Tamura, Joon Park, Chow Yun-Fat, Texas Battle, Randall Duk Kim and Ernie Hudson.

Dragonball is adapted from the manga created by Akira Toriyama. It was also turned into a Japanese anime series that played all over the world.

CelticPredator
08-26-2008, 08:11 PM
God this is going to be so trashy. It must be seen. Im going to MST3k this one for sure....

carbo-fation
08-26-2008, 08:12 PM
Man, I hate Fox. They're the worst. Not that this film would be any good, but I hate still hate Fox.:)

Yodee
08-26-2008, 08:15 PM
yea goku is supposed to be buff? and they have some skinny chump playing him.. :banghead:banghead
emmy rossum in that movie im in love XD :blissy

CelticPredator
08-26-2008, 08:17 PM
Man, I hate Fox. They're the worst. Not that this film would be any good, but I hate still hate Fox.:)

Fux sucks. Worst film company around.

lcummins
08-27-2008, 06:39 AM

Fux sucks. Worst film company around.

Even though they brought us little known gems such as...

Star Wars
Alien
Predator
Die Hard
X-Men
Planet of the Apes
Titanic
Independence Day
M*A*S*H
The Fly

...just to name a few.

Darklord Dave
08-27-2008, 09:59 AM
Fox isn't about to just shelve a $100 million film. It will get released, no matter how bad it is, and they'll spend at least $40 mil. marketing it.

Kuzeh
08-27-2008, 10:00 AM
Well, yeah they have good franchises, but they suck with their corporate/marketing decisions...

Wait a minute... did you say Independence Day???:rotfl:rotfl

Maybe you meant X-files??

lcummins
08-27-2008, 11:20 AM
Well, yeah they have good franchises, but they suck with their corporate/marketing decisions...

Wait a minute... did you say Independence Day???:rotfl:rotfl

Maybe you meant X-files??

They did X-Files too, but I really like Independence Day and it did very well at the box office.

CelticPredator
08-27-2008, 02:56 PM

Star Wars
Alien
Predator
Die Hard
X-Men
Planet of the Apes
Titanic
Independence Day
M*A*S*H
The Fly

...just to name a few.

And dont forget such classics as

Date Movie
Epic Movie
Meet the Spartans
AvP
AvP-R
4: Rise of the Silver Surfer
Jumper
The Happening
Space Chimps
Meet Dave
and Norbit

Just to name a few. Fox then = great. Fox now = worst film company thanks to that hack Rothman. They butcher movies, and ruin them.

Eli26
08-27-2008, 03:13 PM

Star Wars
Alien
Predator
Die Hard
X-Men
Planet of the Apes
Titanic
Independence Day
M*A*S*H
The Fly

...just to name a few.

Independence Day is crap. CRAP!!!! Only X-Men that was well done was Bryan Singer's version.

CelticPredator
08-27-2008, 03:22 PM
ID4 is awesome sauce. Pure entertainment. :D

Bardoon
08-27-2008, 04:18 PM
yea goku is supposed to be buff? and they have some skinny chump playing him.. :banghead:banghead
emmy rossum in that movie im in love XD :blissy

Goku didn't really bulk up until all through Dragon Ball Z with his extensive training. Yeah he is supposed to be real muscular but doesn't build it up until later and you can see this in the series. In the original Saiyan Saga he isn't all buffed up and this movie is supposed to be the start of it all.

Just go into this movie expecting nothing, you might be surprised with some of the scenes. We'll always have the original material and I never really cared if they made a live-action movie or not, so this is a nice bonus to me.

I'm just going to go in and enjoy it...yeah it won't be a classic, but it'll be fun to watch.

freestylex06x
08-27-2008, 04:45 PM
what a waste of resources this film is. its an insult to every dragonball fan. every single character looks ridiculous in this movie and the plot summary is crap. there are times when a seemingly bad movie decision turns out to be good (people complaining about ledger being cast as the joker), but this is not one of those times.

Kratos
08-28-2008, 07:09 PM
what a waste of resources this film is. its an insult to every dragonball fan. every single character looks ridiculous in this movie and the plot summary is crap. there are times when a seemingly bad movie decision turns out to be good (people complaining about ledger being cast as the joker), but this is not one of those times.

I will back that comment 100%,........Marsters for Shame :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

CelticPredator
08-28-2008, 07:16 PM
I cant wait for this! Its going to be so horrid!

Kratos
08-29-2008, 01:21 AM
Did the Guy who created DragonBall/Z have anything to do with this?
I forgot his name

BXCOLLECTOR
08-29-2008, 03:26 PM
i dont think so

Kratos
08-29-2008, 07:33 PM
Akira Toriyama what a shame he wasn't involved I'm sure it would of made a difference too this film

CelticPredator
08-29-2008, 07:45 PM
He wouldnt.

The Mike
08-29-2008, 08:39 PM
I'm so in love with how Emmy Rossum looks in this film. She was already a hottie but add that nutty Anime hair with the blue stripe and pouty lips....:drool:

plasmid303
08-29-2008, 11:17 PM
I'm so in love with how Emmy Rossum looks in this film. She was already a hottie but add that nutty Anime hair with the blue stripe and pouty lips....:drool:

Yeah even if the movie tanks, Emmy's Bulma is gonna be a big hit with anime convention goers and cosplayers, no doubt.

Anyway, I'm actually looking forward to the movie. I'll go see it even if it turns out to be a cheesefest. As far as fan expectations go at the moment, there's nowhere to go but up, right?

The Tuggernaut
09-01-2008, 10:46 PM
Ive always loved the animated series.
I just hope they can turn it into a fantastic movie
All we can do is hope

plasmid303
09-03-2008, 01:00 PM
some trailer screencaps:

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/images/dragonball-trailerscreen-sep-01.jpg
http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/images/dragonball-trailerscreen-sep-02.jpg
http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/images/dragonball-trailerscreen-sep-03.jpg
http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/images/dragonball-trailerscreen-sep-04.jpg
http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/images/dragonball-trailerscreen-sep-05.jpg
http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/images/dragonball-trailerscreen-sep-06.jpg

and a poster:
http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/images/dragonballbulma.jpg

BXCOLLECTOR
09-03-2008, 02:30 PM
WTH isnt piccolo green

TOE
09-03-2008, 02:43 PM
http://blogs.hoycinema.com/movieland/post/2008/08/28/dragonball-9-nuevas-fotos-promocionales-alta-resoluciain

where's the turtle shell ?

FOKAI_SNAKE
09-03-2008, 02:53 PM
wheres piccolo's antenna things???:confused::confused:

Chapter 2099
09-03-2008, 04:04 PM
WTH isnt piccolo green

wheres piccolo's antenna things???:confused::confused:

My thoughts exactly! I can't imagine them not making Piccolo green. :confused: He's Piccolo the Namekian. How could you not make him green?!?! And no antennae? :horror Not that I'm shaming the movie by any means. I'll be one of the first to see it just because its Dragonball, but I do hope there's more to this than meets the eye. *keeps the faith*

SOLIDSNAKE
09-03-2008, 05:05 PM
OMG !!!!

A COMPLETE DISASTER !

that dosent look like picolo at all.
jesus !! after this fiasco at at the box office there will not be a second one.

My god what where they thinking.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

very dissapointed!!

The Tuggernaut
09-03-2008, 05:08 PM
what.... the........ ^^^^!?
The movie has already failed!!

CelticPredator
09-03-2008, 05:13 PM
Dragonball is a legend? Since when?

SOLIDSNAKE
09-03-2008, 05:43 PM
Dragonball is a legend? Since when?

The anime is a legend.

Its the anime that has being played in evry single country of this world and translated in evry language of the world.

Best anime ever made.

But this movie is going to be the death of the legend.

BXCOLLECTOR
09-03-2008, 05:53 PM
they should of made this movie CGI similar to TMNT

Chapter 2099
09-03-2008, 06:17 PM
The anime is a legend.

Its the anime that has being played in evry single country of this world and translated in evry language of the world.

Best anime ever made.

I have to back solidsnake up on this one. Dragonball is indeed one of the greatest anime of all time. It's been out for decades in Japan and its fan base is still undeniable (just take a look at Dragonball merchandising over in Japan.) While it may not be AS big here in the states, it still has a strong following. Before I begin to judge anymore of the movie though, I'll have to wait and see it for myself. *keeps fingers crossed.* The mere fact that it's hitting the silver screen is enough for me to buy a ticket. (The fact that I'm a uber-Dragonball/-Z/-GT fan probably helps a little too. :lol) And not to mention James Marsters (ie. Buffy's Spike) is Piccolo. :banana

FQRizzo
09-03-2008, 06:26 PM
The anime is a legend.

Most successful anime ever made.

Fixed. :D

Best is debatable. Don't get me wrong, though, I do enjoy me some Dragonball.

Kratos
09-03-2008, 06:27 PM
^^^^ you whoever decided too make this into a movie this looks uber-^^^^
And Piccolo wtf he looks nothing like in the anime grrrrrrrrrrrrr................

The Mike
09-03-2008, 06:32 PM
http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/images/dragonballbulma.jpg

:drool:drool:drool:drool:drool

Chapter 2099
09-03-2008, 06:33 PM
Fixed. :D

Best is debatable. Don't get me wrong, though, I do enjoy me some Dragonball.

I agree with your edit 100%. Dragonball is undeniably the MOST successful anime. In my opinion, it's definitely ONE OF the best as well, however the term "best" of course lies in the eye of viewer. Well put FQRizzo. :lecture

Kratos
09-13-2008, 09:38 PM
This film will flop within the same 'flopness' as Eragon
For Shame......

plasmid303
10-01-2008, 09:48 PM
new leaked teaser:

<object width="450" height="358"><param name="movie" value="http://www.traileraddict.com/emb/6704"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.traileraddict.com/emb/6704" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="450" height="358" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

The Tuggernaut
10-01-2008, 09:55 PM
Meh.

I'll still see it though.

Yodee
10-01-2008, 10:19 PM
im watching it for emmy rossum :peace

Kratos
10-02-2008, 12:25 PM
That trailer was alright I suppose :confused: but meh not sure if I still want too see the movie

Ra88
10-03-2008, 10:20 AM
Official teaser can be seen here: http://www.aintitcool.com/talkback_display/38610#comment_2309519

carbo-fation
10-03-2008, 11:43 AM
This is going to be so bad, it might actually be really funny.:lol

SOLIDSNAKE
10-03-2008, 11:47 AM
new leaked teaser:

<object width="450" height="358"><param name="movie" value="http://www.traileraddict.com/emb/6704"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.traileraddict.com/emb/6704" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="450" height="358" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

that dint feel like DRAGON BALL at all !!

what a dissater this is going to be.

Reminds me of STREET FIGHTER with vandam.
they tried and they

FAILED !!

The Mike
10-03-2008, 11:57 AM
I am so in love with Emmy Rossum. :drool

plasmid303
10-03-2008, 02:08 PM
I am so in love with Emmy Rossum. :drool

You'll catch the flick just to see her? :lol

The Mike
10-03-2008, 02:15 PM
With that animeish hair and that gorgeous.....face. Hell yes.

Rogue Trooper
10-03-2008, 02:20 PM
At least the trailer is better than the guyver movie.

Kratos
10-03-2008, 02:23 PM
^^^^ Yea i suppose.....

plasmid303
10-03-2008, 03:54 PM
At least the trailer is better than the guyver movie.

The second Guyver movie wasn't bad...

CelticPredator
10-04-2008, 08:42 PM
Oh jesus...this is gonna suck. I cant freaking wait! The new Wicker Man is upon us!

The Mike
11-06-2008, 06:57 PM
You Have Got to Be @#$%ing Me, Dragonball Movie
Posted at 3:09 PM Nov 06, 2008

http://www.toplessrobot.com/oozaru2-thumb.jpg

Dragonball fans should recognize the giant monkey above as Goku in his "Oozaru" state; it's one of the bat^^^^ insane things about Dragonball and DBZ that has made it so endearing to fans around the world. Now, a picture has appeared of what could very well be Goku in his Oozaru state from the live-action DB movie.

A clever journalist might say that Fox's adaptation is "monkeying around" with the original anime. A bitter journalist might say that Fox has "thrown its poop" at the original, beloved cartoon series. I, however, say the live-action Dragonball movie has ^^^^ directly into the mouths of every single ^^^^ing DB fan in the world. Hit the jump to see the pic.

http://www.toplessrobot.com/771L-thumb.jpg

YOU.

HAVE GOT.

TO BE ^^^^ING KIDDING ME.

Why? Just...why? Why bother spending all that money on the Dragonball license if you weren't going to pay any ^^^^ing attention to the manga or the show? Why make changes that will not bring you any mass appeal, and only serve to piss off the fans? Why ^^^^ing bother including Goku's Oozaru form at all if you were going to make him look like an alien from the ^^^^ing '60s Star Trek series?

^^^^. Maybe this isn't real. Maybe it's something else entirely. But a movie that would arbitrarily change Piccolo's skin color from green to white—a change so unimportant as to be insane—could and wouldeasily change Goku's ape transformation into...this...^^^^ing nonsense.

^^^^. (Via Comic Book Movie)

carbo-fation
11-06-2008, 07:18 PM
F@@K YOU FOX!:emperor

Yodee
11-06-2008, 07:30 PM
They carry guns?

plasmid303
11-06-2008, 07:43 PM
What the hell is that supposed to be? Cuz it certainly ain't a giant gorilla.

Kratos
11-06-2008, 07:44 PM
^^^^ this I have been a fan of DBZ since day one and I won't be seeing this film ^^^^ you Fox

Bardoon
11-06-2008, 08:30 PM
I was disappointed with the trailer...no flying or wild and crazy moves. I know the early Dragon Ball was a lot of ground fighting and such but oh well.

p!tu
11-06-2008, 08:39 PM

Dragonball fans should recognize the giant monkey above as Goku in his "Oozaru" state; it's one of the bat^^^^ insane things about Dragonball and DBZ that has made it so endearing to fans around the world. Now, a picture has appeared of what could very well be Goku in his Oozaru state from the live-action DB movie.

A clever journalist might say that Fox's adaptation is "monkeying around" with the original anime. A bitter journalist might say that Fox has "thrown its poop" at the original, beloved cartoon series. I, however, say the live-action Dragonball movie has ^^^^ directly into the mouths of every single ^^^^ing DB fan in the world. Hit the jump to see the pic.

YOU.

HAVE GOT.

Why? Just...why? Why bother spending all that money on the Dragonball license if you weren't going to pay any ^^^^ing attention to the manga or the show? Why make changes that will not bring you any mass appeal, and only serve to piss off the fans? Why ^^^^ing bother including Goku's Oozaru form at all if you were going to make him look like an alien from the ^^^^ing '60s Star Trek series?

^^^^. Maybe this isn't real. Maybe it's something else entirely. But a movie that would arbitrarily change Piccolo's skin color from green to white—a change so unimportant as to be insane—could and wouldeasily change Goku's ape transformation into...this...^^^^ing nonsense.

:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2 WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xenoviper
11-06-2008, 09:10 PM
I hope this ^^^^ goes straight to video store. Shame!

isis_x10a
11-07-2008, 01:49 AM
I still can accept Piccolo isn't green but Goku Oozaru form....

CelticPredator
11-07-2008, 06:39 AM
...And now you know how we Alien/Predator fans feel.

YoNoSe
11-07-2008, 06:48 AM
I always forget about that giant monkey stuff. Don't they lose that ability/problem (?) once their tales get cut off? Does Goku even have a tale in the movie?
I jumped in at the Cell Saga and only watched bits and pieces before it.

Eli26
11-07-2008, 06:52 AM
The toon kind of sucked... so why are any of you surprised that this movie looks sucky? :chew

It's a show about 22 minute episodes of people powering up, recycling images... growing at eachother. Sophisticated stuff. Love some of the character designs though.

hehe
:monkey3

lcummins
11-07-2008, 08:43 AM
I hope this ^^^^ goes straight to the trash bin. Shame!

Fixed it for ya... :D

freestylex06x
11-07-2008, 11:17 AM
damn i am actually pissed looking at all these photos and trailers, how can anyone manage to butcher a movie and a masterpiece of an anime this badly? If they were going to change it they should of changed all of it or keep it all the same. The dude looks ridiculous in a cartoonish orange outfit and his hair is equally ridiculous. The fact that hes a high school kid makes him look like a double douchebag. wow i could go on for days about this. what the heck is that transformation, looks like he is transforming into piccolo.

Rogue Trooper
11-07-2008, 12:18 PM
Wonder if it could be a Piccolo goon, Piano or Flute maybe? Otherwise it a big freaking joke.

Gonna be some bad movies out next year.

The Mike
11-07-2008, 12:20 PM
Does Goku even have a tail in the movie?

In the cartoon yes, Goku has a tail through the majority of DB. In the film it looks like they left that piece out.

YoNoSe
11-07-2008, 12:25 PM
Did you fix my spelling? :duff :lol

The Mike
11-07-2008, 12:26 PM
:lol sorry teacher thing.

SOLIDSNAKE
11-07-2008, 12:29 PM

YOU.

HAVE GOT.

MY GOD !!

FOX HAS RUINED THIS MOVIE.
STOP PRODUCTION RIGHT NOW !!

Man !! let me be the director for this movie.
I would do a better job.

Eli26
11-07-2008, 01:21 PM
It's a cool face. I mean lets remember what this film is based on... no reason to complain. :D

Kratos
11-07-2008, 07:26 PM
It's a cool face. I mean lets remember what this film is based on... no reason to complain. :D

What the ^^^^ are you going on about?
Do you hate DBZ or something?
This film looks ^^^^ :monkey4

Darth_Fatso
11-07-2008, 10:54 PM
I pretty much hate most live adaptations of animes and I doubt this will be any different. I used to be a HUGE DBZ fan back in the day but after the Frieza saga it just got a little repetative. The stories were almost always the same, it's just you had a new villain in each saga who would always hand Gokou's ass to him untill Gokou transformed into a new SS level only have the villian transform to once again hand Gokou's ass to him again only to have Gokou eventually kill said villian of with a Spirit Bomb or Kamehameha. But still I guess thts part of the charm of DB/Z/GT.

CelticPredator
11-08-2008, 05:56 PM
DB anything IMO sucks. Those shows are way too off the wall weird to be live action. So, the movie was ruined from the start.

But still...I understand your pain. I've been through it, TWICE. Same company. Dont buy tickets for ANY Fox movie. Ever. Pay for something else.

Chapter 2099
11-08-2008, 06:06 PM
DB anything IMO sucks. Those shows are way too off the wall weird to be live action. So, the movie was ruined from the start.

But still...I understand your pain. I've been through it, TWICE. Same company. Dont buy tickets for ANY Fox movie. Ever. Pay for something else.

That's sad to here, esp. when it's towards a series that's been named "the greatest action cartoon of all time." It's also the most sucessful anime ever in terms of merchandise sales, other misc. marketing etc.

Now, I'm not saying that the movie will live up to the franchise, but the franchise itself is definitely a respectable one in my opinion. And I'd say there's a few million other people that would agree.

CelticPredator
11-08-2008, 06:22 PM
The show could never be live action. I mean....it wasnt made for that.

Odin
11-08-2008, 07:19 PM
new leaked teaser:

I'm late to the show here... but anyway.

If that trailer didn't say "DRAGONBALL" I would not have guessed that's what it is. I know animations and games can't always translate perfectly to live action and the big screen... but ouch. My heart is broken! :cut

p!tu
11-08-2008, 07:26 PM
The show could never be live action. I mean....it wasnt made for that.

Yep!!! But this is the kind of movie that should have been made in 3D ala FFVII: Advent Children!!:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

CelticPredator
11-08-2008, 07:27 PM
Something like that would be better for the movie/show....

Odin
11-08-2008, 07:35 PM
Yep!!! But this is the kind of movie that should have been made in 3D ala FFVII: Advent Children!!:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I second that. Although it's too late now. :(

p!tu
11-08-2008, 08:30 PM
I second that. Although it's too late now. :(

Its never to late!!!!!!! I will make this happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

uscmhicks
11-08-2008, 09:24 PM
Theres no way this series should of ever been made into a live action movie imo.
It doesn't fit well at all .

uscmhicks
11-08-2008, 10:02 PM
oh and fox keep trying to take down my stan winston tribute video for compywright claims .
That man made all of there movies alot of there money with his amazing talents in the special effects department.
What big deal is it and how cold hearted can you be taking down a tribute of a man who has died because you maybe see a little part of a movie in there ??!.
Its plain retarded.
FOX SUCK !.

Kratos
11-08-2008, 10:03 PM
oh and fox keep trying to take down my stan winston tribute video for compywright claims .
That man made all of there movies alot of there money with his amazing talents in the special effects department.
What big deal is it and how cold hearted can you be taking down a tribute of a man who has died because you maybe see a little part of a movie in there ??!.
Its plain retarded.
FOX SUCK !.

There goes my faith in Fox
That truly sucks usmhicks but hey you still :rock your Tribute Video to Stan was Gold

CelticPredator
11-08-2008, 10:06 PM
Its plain retarded.
FOX SUCK !.

FOX deleted my YouTube account as well. For AvP-R trailers.

Fox will NEVER get ANY money from me EVER again. Ever. Its not a loss because they havent made anything that good in the last few years.

The Tuggernaut
11-09-2008, 12:29 AM

YOU.

HAVE GOT.

what the ^^^^?

:monkey4:monkey4: :monkey2:monkey2 :pow

The Mike
11-23-2008, 11:35 PM
http://www.bamkapow.com/bk_images/2008/11/20/dragon-ball-film-stills-01.jpg

CelticPredator
11-24-2008, 06:35 AM
Lawlz. He is doing teh Matrix.

YoNoSe
11-24-2008, 06:43 AM
Lawlz. He is doing teh Matrix.

Fair is fair - the only good part of Matrix Revolutions was the DBZ fight at the end. :lol

CelticPredator
11-24-2008, 09:19 PM
True. I remember even though I didnt like it anymore, how cool it would've been to see a DBZ live action just like that.

SOLIDSNAKE
11-24-2008, 09:27 PM
ohh man !! this makes me sick.
I am a huge fan of dbz but this movie looks so bad.
OMG !!!
I could have done a better job directing this.
I wish I had the money to make some movies.
I cant belive how terrible this looks.
Lets see what happends with the first official trailer.

Chapter 2099
11-24-2008, 09:32 PM
http://www.bamkapow.com/bk_images/2008/11/20/dragon-ball-film-stills-01.jpg

As much as this pains me to ask, is that supposed to be Piccolo (:confused:) fighting Goku?

I am STILL really bewildered as to why they didn't even color him green? That's almost a necessity don't you think? If you were to do one thing at all....

But like SolidSnake was saying, let's hope for a dramatic turnaround in the next trailer. :monkey3

p!tu
11-25-2008, 10:14 AM
As much as this pains me to ask, is that supposed to be Piccolo (:confused:) fighting Goku?

I am STILL really bewildered as to why they didn't even color him green? That's almost a necessity don't you think? If you were to do one thing at all....

But like SolidSnake was saying, let's hope for a dramatic turnaround in the next trailer. :monkey3

Nononono its a vampire from Buffy!!! relax!! its not piccolo!!!!:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2 even when i lie to myself my heart aches!!!:monkey2

bagelsncheesey
11-25-2008, 10:30 AM
Nononono its a vampire from Buffy!!! relax!! its not piccolo!!!!:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2 even when i lie to myself my heart aches!!!:monkey2

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

This movie is going to completely fail.

SOLIDSNAKE
11-25-2008, 10:57 AM
ohh yeaa its looking that way.
Man I am so dissapointed with this.
I wish the would have made a CGI movie for the fans.
They still dont get it at hollywood !!!!

MAKE THE MOVIES FOR THE FANS !!!
but no they want to make millions of dollars with this crap.

and yes PITU he looks like a dam vampire from buffy

(solid puked all over hes keyboard)

:monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

Shai
11-25-2008, 11:40 AM
they should release this straight to video.

SOLIDSNAKE
11-25-2008, 11:46 AM
they should release this straight to video.

yea for sure !!
This reminds me of power rangers the movie,went to the theater, a month later on tape.

FOX is making some crappy movies lately.

creature4000
11-25-2008, 11:47 AM
Looks like GIJoe has some competition!!!

Kratos
11-25-2008, 12:13 PM

Yea if this was made into a CGI movie with the voices from the TV show that would be a hell of a lot better
Stupid Hollywood :monkey4

CelticPredator
11-25-2008, 03:19 PM
ohh yeaa its looking that way.

MAKE THE MOVIES FOR THE FANS !!!
but no they want to make millions of dollars with this crap.

and yes PITU he looks like a dam vampire from buffy

(solid puked all over hes keyboard)

Fans dont make a movie succsesful. They need to widen the audience.

Chapter 2099
11-25-2008, 03:38 PM
So that's what I thought. It is Piccolo. :(

Actually, Piccolo really is a vampire from Buffy. I think you guys are being sarcastic, but you do know that right?

p!tu
11-25-2008, 03:50 PM
So that's what I thought. It is Piccolo. :(

Actually, Piccolo really is a vampire from Buffy. I think you guys are being sarcastic, but you do know that right?

Ouch! i had no idea The actor was from buffy! I was making fun of the prosthetics :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2 that hurts me even more.

Chapter 2099
11-25-2008, 03:58 PM
Ouch! i had no idea The actor was from buffy! I was making fun of the prosthetics :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2 that hurts me even more.

Yeah, that's James Marsters plays Piccolo who also played Spike the Vampire on Buffy. :D So yes, all of you Buffy-haters are right. That is indeed a vampire. :lol

uscmhicks
11-29-2008, 10:10 AM
Its plain retarded.
FOX SUCK !.

they just finally did this. They took the video down.
Well from making comments and stuff anyway , as soon as I take it off my homepage its gone forever.
I'm scared of putting anything in a video lately , it seems everyone is all about copyright recentley. There taking down videos before I can make em. :sick:google:rotfl

CelticPredator
11-29-2008, 11:31 AM
Its just Fox.

p!tu
12-10-2008, 08:00 AM
New Trailer!!!!!!:monkey4:monkey4

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z0aRjHBV_Z0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z0aRjHBV_Z0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

p!tu
12-10-2008, 08:02 AM
Dragon Ball Evolution!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOLIDSNAKE
12-10-2008, 08:55 AM
omg !!

that was terrible !!

^^^^ SAKES !! they have ruined the name of dragonball.

TheObsoleteMan
12-10-2008, 09:50 AM
I don't think it looks that bad. I know it's based on the original Dragonball, but I hope they have at least one crazy ass Z style fight scene, but without all the screaming and powering up.

Chapter 2099
12-10-2008, 10:02 AM
I don't think it looks that bad. I know it's based on the original Dragonball, but I hope they have at least one crazy ass Z style fight scene, but without all the screaming and powering up.

I have to say, I think the new trailer is an improvement over the first one. It's nice to hear the Kamehameha Wave will be in it.

Kuzeh
12-10-2008, 10:19 AM
Somebody needs to stop FOX... NOW!!!

Kratos
12-10-2008, 12:20 PM

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z0aRjHBV_Z0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z0aRjHBV_Z0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

Toast
12-10-2008, 12:28 PM

7 mystics? WTF!! What about Kami? Damn this looks nothing at all like dragonball

Kratos
12-10-2008, 12:30 PM
7 mystics? WTF!! What about Kami? Damn this looks nothing at all like dragonball

This is straight up ^^^^
Here comes an Angry letter of Complaint to Fox for letting something like this to go ahead :monkey4

LChinoz
12-10-2008, 12:53 PM
WTF? What happened to Goku? This guy:
http://www.schemamag.ca/archive2/images/gokuIsWHITE3.jpg
Is supposed to be this guy?:
http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/g/goku1.jpg

Hmmm if I was a hardcore fan of Dragonball I think I would be pissed.

SOLIDSNAKE
12-10-2008, 12:58 PM
Somebody needs to stop FOX... NOW!!!

WTF NO KAMI!!!!!!
YES !! STOP THEM !!
recast this hole film.
give is a CGI movie insted of this garbage.
that kamehamehaaa was so weak. sounded like he got hit in the balls.
so dissapointed.

Kratos
12-10-2008, 05:37 PM
WTF? What happened to Goku? This guy:
http://www.schemamag.ca/archive2/images/gokuIsWHITE3.jpg
Is supposed to be this guy?:
http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/g/goku1.jpg

Hmmm if I was a hardcore fan of Dragonball I think I would be pissed.

I'm a Hardcore DB/Z Fan and I am Super Pissed I may go SuperSaiyan :lol .....But Seriously I'm cheesed off :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

LChinoz
12-10-2008, 05:49 PM
I know what you mean, Haley Loel Osment's twin as Goku...:monkey4

It's funny, the one thing I thought when I heard they were going to make the live action DBZ is "At least they won't try and make Goku's hair all crazy spikey like in the cartoon, since it would look RIDICULOUS and remove any hope people taking it seriously..." and they went and DID IT! :lol:rotfl:lol

CelticPredator
12-10-2008, 07:56 PM
I cant ^^^^ing wait for this! I'm going to be laughing my ass off in the theater. :lol

KAAAA MAAAA HAAA!!!!

Lolololo.

Kratos
12-10-2008, 08:00 PM
The first time I saw the Complete Trailer today I was shocked and flabbergasted at how Bad it looked....
I just watched it again a minute ago and it made me angry like genuinely angry like I wanted to punch a hole in my Computer screen I'm so pissed off at how a Classic like Dragon Ball/Z can go down the Drain so badly :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

xenoviper
12-10-2008, 08:02 PM
omfg......... so lame

Kratos
12-10-2008, 08:05 PM
Genuine Rage *Boiling*........:monkey4

xenoviper
12-10-2008, 08:09 PM
if all the actors and actresses dress up in those body suits like u know good o TMNT movie back in the 90s... or Barney the purple dino.. it'll probably turn out better :D

Kratos
12-10-2008, 08:11 PM
if all the actors and actresses dress up in those body suits like u know good o TMNT movie back in the 90s... or Barney the purple dino.. it'll probably turn out better :D

I think you may be onto Something

SOLIDSNAKE
12-10-2008, 08:34 PM
Cgi movie please !!

CelticPredator
12-10-2008, 08:40 PM
Oh and dont pay for this film either. Has nothing to do with how bad it looks, but dont give Fox any more money. Ever.

Kratos
12-10-2008, 09:34 PM
Cgi movie please !!

Yes Please :monkey1

Sachiel
12-10-2008, 10:01 PM
Dragonball EVOLUTION!

Kratos
12-10-2008, 11:21 PM
Dragonball EVOLUTION!

I know what the ^^^^ is up with that? :banghead:banghead:banghead

Kibishii
12-10-2008, 11:29 PM
Wife and I just both watched the trailer (we are both cartoon geeks) and we both said the same thing, "Lame." This looks so bad that we wouldn't even waste a rental to watch it with the family.

The Tuggernaut
12-10-2008, 11:40 PM

OMFG WTF!?!

^^^^ off man... ^^^^in terrible.