Sony PSP Information

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadMoon

Demi G0D Overseer
Reaction score
So I just bought one a few days ago. I think it is a pretty cool system. I am no good at the research aspect of things though. How the hell do I put my DVD's on the memory stick to watch them on the system? The same with my CD's. Part of the reason why I bought it is these options. I refuse to buy the UMD movies because I am pretty sure you don't need them. Any help is appreciated. :duff

All you need is to do a search on Google to find out what you are looking for.

Why buy it if you can't figure out how to use it or if it will do what you want it to do for without a little research first?

Anyway...it is a little more complicated than you will probably like.

You need to shrink and convert the DVD's to an MP4 format and save them on the memory stick (you will need a big memory stick).

https://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/588634

Last edited:
Yeah a little bit of a pain the ass to do, plus you will need a big memory stick and you will have to save the movies in your computer when not loaded in your memory stick and load them or inloanded as needed.

In the end it might just be easier to buy the umd for like $10 used in gamestop or something.

I remember something on G4 saying that PS3 owners will be able to turn DVDs on the PS3 into PSP movies or something. But I don't remember the specifics and I don't know Sony's timetable.

^ It's supposed to be coming out in a new PS3 firmware upgrade. You'll be able to transfer Blu-Ray movies as well. In the meantime, use Handbrake.

Cool thanks guys. I am going on a trip and this wasn't something I researched before I bought it. I was at the store and thought F it. LOL! I did google some stuff but I am not that computer savvy.

Badmoon if you pick up any games check out GTA liberty city stories or vice city. Metal Gear Acid is an odd card based game that I enjoy to play and can be found pretty cheap.

Badmoon if you pick up any games check out GTA liberty city stories or vice city. Metal Gear Acid is an odd card based game that I enjoy to play and can be found pretty cheap.

Cool I will check those out. Right now I have Final Fantasy Crisis Core, Silent Hill, and Daxter. I want to get Metal Gear Portable Ops as well. I forgot they had a GTA game.

I want to pick up portable ops myself I have heard it is pretty good.

I heard that the Plus one is garbage. The only problem is none of the stores here has the first one. I can get it off of Amazon or Ebay for pretty cheap though.

Download a program called HandBrake. It will rip DVD's, and allow you to choose what format you want them ripped in (to watch on your PSP, PS3, computer, etc).

I have a PSP that my ex bought me. I never use it. I was a little underwhelmed by it. I had a couple of movies for it and a few games and used to bring it to work with me, but just kind of forgot about it. It's still in my closet. Maybe I should break it back out sometime.

I have a PSP that my ex bought me. I never use it. I was a little underwhelmed by it. I had a couple of movies for it and a few games and used to bring it to work with me, but just kind of forgot about it. It's still in my closet. Maybe I should break it back out sometime.

I am very impressed with the games I bought so far.

I tried to connect it to my wireless network and it reads everything ok. Then when I go to test it is say connection failed. :duh

I have a PSP and the only thing I use it for is to surf the internet while on the toilet.

I hope the PS3 will breath some life in to my poor electronic doorstop.

I have a PSP and the only thing I use it for is to surf the internet while on the toilet.

I hope the PS3 will breath some life in to my poor electronic doorstop.

Did you have connection issues. I have my 360, PS3, DS, and Wii that all connected with no issue. I try to connect this guy and it doesn't work.

Back