Frank Miller/Will Eisner's The Spirit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batty

Nexus 6
Reaction score
I don't remember seeing a thread for this. Actually, I haven't heard much about this at all.

The Frank Miller directed movie based on Will Eisner's The Spirit. And Sam Jackson playing another weird looking guy.

Love the Spirit!!! :rock

A classic comic character that doesn't get the respect he deserves. I really hope that this movie does it justice.

YEAH!! WTF?? Unless Frank's take is that the suit was black and was drawn blue to not blend in with the dark, ala the way Batman turned blue at various times throughout the history.

Not a fan of the "Sin City" look for The Spirit.

It worked good for Sin City cause it resembled the comic but IMO it just doesn't work for the Spirit.

I was hoping for more of an adventure-type movie.

Even though it looks a lot like Sin City (even the advertising), I'm hoping Miller will be faithful to Eisner story-wise. I just wish he had gone with color instead of the monochrome look. The Spirit doesn't look right in a black suit. Although I certainly don't mind how Eva Mendes looks.

Someone have the Scarlette Johansson promoshot?

Yeah, not a big Sin City fan... 300 did nothing for me either. Mostly the same, stab, shield, stab, shield... throughout the movie. Very repetitive. So on that note, I am not certain I'll like this...

Sin City was a classic, this one looks like a copy.

This is Miller's first directing gig. I'm sure he picked-up a lot from Rodriguez during Sin City. Maybe too much.

I hope it is good and I hope a lot people do see it. The Spirit is a classic hero.

I watched the trailer a little while ago. I have to admit I love Miller's work but this just seems like he is hitting the sin city well again. People might get the idea it's just like Sin and be disappointed, plus if they EVER get around to making SC2 the look is going to get very old.

New pic of SLJ as The Octopus. Not really liking the super pimp fur coat. WTF is up with that?? Will be in theaters Christmas day. Def gonna see this. Can't wait for SC2!!!!!

cci-mag-octopus-big.jpg

Not familiar with the comic, but like what I see so far. I'll see pretty much anything with Scarlette Johansson in it.

I loved Sin City and I loved 300 so I'll definitely check this out at the theatre. The style does remind me a lot of Sin City though...which at this point I don't know if that is necessarily good or bad. Hopefully it won't feel like a copy cat movie.

I'm looking forward to this because I'm a big Frank Miller fan. I loved Sin City, but I hope this isn't too similar. The current Spirit comics drawn by Darwyn Cooke are worth looking into if you want to see a recent rendition of the character.

spirit-741428.jpg

Back