What should I do with my rewards?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qrest Fourstar

Super Freak
Reaction score
So here we are, 'bout a week from PPO on PF Indy. I have a nice stack of sideshow rewards that would either get me a free PF Indy or at least a good chunk off his price. BUT I've been saving up my rewards for something big like a really big honking 1/6 item or a PF Jango, Chewie or R2&3PO.

So, whats your thoughts? Use them on Indy or save them for one of the other hopefull PF's?

if after seeing the Indy PF you like it, I'd say go for it. You could always wait til SDCC . I'm sure that there will be plenty of opportunities to use them on various items then.

I guess it depends on how much you want an Indy PF. I'd probably wait until SDCC to see what we're hit with.

I have a lot too. I can't seem to bring myself to use them. I guess it's the mindset of a collector- I like to watch them accumulate. :lol:google

I prefer to spend the points on items that are not to expensive, like under $100. I intend to keep mine 'till SDCC. But if you like the PF indy, I'd say use your points. Since you don't get reward point for the item you use them on, you better make every point count, meaning the points should cover the entire cost of the item (excluding shipping of course). That's a real status quo. If you only cover part of the cost with point, you loose al potential reward points for that item AND have to pay partially for it.
You miss far more reward points if you go for a more expensive item. Buy $250 PF with award points, that's 250 points you'll never appear see in your account. But I wonder if it really makes a big difference in the end.

I prefer to spend the points on items that are not to expensive, like under $100. I intend to keep mine 'till SDCC. But if you like the PF indy, I'd say use your points. Since you don't get reward point for the item you use them on, you better make every point count, meaning the points should cover the entire cost of the item (excluding shipping of course). That's a real status quo. If you only cover part of the cost with point, you loose al potential reward points for that item AND have to pay partially for it.
You miss far more reward points if you go for a more expensive item. Buy $250 PF with award points, that's 250 points you'll never appear see in your account. But I wonder if it really makes a big difference in the end.

Considering 250 points is only equivalent to $12.50 I would say it isn't a huge loss these days. Gas is already $3.50 a gallon so you would only be getting a little more than 3 gallons of gas in points for your $250 dollar investment. :lol:monkey2 I hate filling up my car. :monkey4:monkey2

I saved my rewards points until I wanted something I couldn't have afforded otherwise. It actually kinda hurt using them. Anyways, I would hold on to them until something comes along that you would not be able to afford otherwise. Never know when a 600 dollar bust or something might come along.

It really doesn't matter how you use them. The rewards are mainly psychological. If you used them up on something you later regret, it still factors into your profit.

The main thing with the points is that if you use them on something, you don't get any points on that purchase. So you're better off getting something that you can pay with primarily with points, rather than using them to get a smaller discount on a big-ticket item. And of course you have to make sure that you won't want to cancel whatever it is you order.

I may use them for upcoming Sith, or I may buy one of those Jason Voorhees mask keychains...

As others have said, try to use your points on something that you can cover completely or almost completely. As for what to use them on, here is the way I look at... either use them on something you really like, but just can't bring yourself to purchase with real cash! :D or on something you really, really want but maybe can't afford. The second option goes against the first sentence above, but if it gets you something you really want that otherwise you might not, losing points isn't the main concern. I put $300 worth of points against my Frankenstein SSE 1:1 bust so I wouldn't have to worry about having the $500 when it shipped. Sure, I had to pay $200 and lost about 500 points, but I would rather have the bust than the points, so it was worth it to me! :D

Basically, just use them wisely, but don't be afraid to use them when you need to.

As others have said, try to use your points on something that you can cover completely or almost completely. As for what to use them on, here is the way I look at... either use them on something you really like, but just can't bring yourself to purchase with real cash! :D or on something you really, really want but maybe can't afford. The second option goes against the first sentence above, but if it gets you something you really want that otherwise you might not, losing points isn't the main concern. I put $300 worth of points against my Frankenstein SSE 1:1 bust so I wouldn't have to worry about having the $500 when it shipped. Sure, I had to pay $200 and lost about 500 points, but I would rather have the bust than the points, so it was worth it to me! :D

Basically, just use them wisely, but don't be afraid to use them when you need to.

Exactly what I did with my points. The Exc. 1/6 Indy is mine for $10.:D

Same here Neil. Used my points during TF to get GTG for $8 and the rest made Indy only cost $23.

I put $300 worth of points against my Frankenstein SSE 1:1 bust so I wouldn't have to worry about having the $500 when it shipped. Sure, I had to pay $200 and lost about 500 points, but I would rather have the bust than the points, so it was worth it to me! :D

Exactly, those 500 points you lost cost you $25 so you still saved $275 on the bust. Even if you can't cover the whole cost as long as you save more than the points are worth then its a good deal.

Since you posted it in a star wars section, I'm going to go with this guy. I'm contemplating using my rewards on him myself.

2126.jpg

Back