Sideshow's 2005 April Fool's joke

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember this one as well. They posted this , then the week afterwards the true Obi-Wan p.f. was announced.

I'd buy it to go with a Vader if it had some kind of stand designed to keep the robe properly hanging like it was falling.

The half a maul was frakking hilarious. I remember reading that, forgetting what day it was, and just scratching my head.

The half a maul was frakking hilarious. I remember reading that, forgetting what day it was, and just scratching my head.

That one was the best imo.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=1357

April 1, 2006
<script type="text/javascript"> var currLicense = "Star Wars"; var licenseDisplayName = getLicenseDisplayName(currLicense); </script> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="630"><tbody><tr> <td colspan="2">
040106maul_01-547.jpg
</td> </tr> <tr> <td>
040106maul_02-547.jpg
</td> <td>
040106maul_reveal.jpg
</td></tr></tbody></table>

I think the 3 Star Wars jokes are all funny in their own way. The ghost Obi-Wan was a bit too obvious. The Maul one actually had me going a bit because the line was new and there was no telling what they'd do in it, I didn't think they'd just sell half of him but I was thinking a BD figure which had me bummed because I wanted a regular full Maul, and the extras division of the 1/6 line actually seemed possibly legit but for the flaming purple logo.

040107starwars_header-fool.jpg

This one had to be the best ever, because there was some kind of "tacular" going on , and I remember being in chat with the Sideshow folks and they were really trying to push this one off as real. Brant (I think) pretending to leave all offended that we didn't think it was a great product. Funny as hell. :rotfl

Back