Which will be more valuable? Exclusive Anakin or Red Skull PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khev

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm leaning toward owning both the Exclusive Anakin and Red Skull PF's but will probably only be able to pick up one for retail. Any guesses as to which will be the cheaper one to pick up on the aftermarket later?

I know Anakin's ES is twice as much (1000 vs. 500 for the Skull), but we know how many diehard SW fans there are and the Red Skull is more of a niche character even for Marvel fans.

72021_press05-001.jpg
7203_press12-001.jpg

Star Wars PFs do not go up in value. Not even the exclusives. Marvel items seem to have a better track record for going up in value after selling out.

A Star Wars PF will pretty much always be cheaper on the secondary market, given time.

Gotta agree with Tom... if you are looking at which will be easier to acquire later I think it'd be Anakin.

Red Skull is a niche, but still classic character. I think he'll be harder to get for retail later on.

I agree, I've just gotten into collecting PF's and I am having a much easier time tracking down the Star Wars PF's I want compared to the marvel PF's.

indeed, Darth Maul PF Exclusive is still for sale on SS website, also edition size of 1000

I've heard a lot of people say this, but Vader seems to sell for atleast double (if not more than) what he originally cost every time I see an auction for him.

I can hardly believe that.
I bought mine not so long ago for about retail and it was rather expensive, they go for a lot less ...

Maybe the Exclusive goes a bit higher, but usually not that much, unless things have changed a lot the last months ...

for some reason, the nazi dressed characters are popular. i'd keep red.

for some reason, the nazi dressed characters are popular. i'd keep red.

I don't collect Marvel at all, but will order this one because of the menacing Nazi costume.

I think Nazi's remind people of pure horror, the inherent evil that is in all of us ...

Well the only Star Wars exclusive that has really went up if the Han Exclusive Rebel Hero which was limited to 250. I think the exclusive version of Vader and Obi-Wan are slowly increasing upward. In a few years this may be different but right now the Star Wars PF can all be had right around retail. I dont think it will ever be as good as it was when I got into the PF Star Wars line. I remember a regular Luke going on ebay for well under $100 then.

The one you want more will be the most valuable to you and that's all that should matter

The one you want more will be the most valuable to you and that's all that should matter

:lecture I totally agree with this thought. I have recently just gotten in Marvel PFs as well. I bought the Boba Fett PF when it came out and I see that I should have waited for that one on the aftermarket seeing the prices being substantially below retail. However, with Captain America and Hulk, I paid over retail. So Marvel is the better one to lock on now or pay more later i think also.

Yeah but what Khev is saying is that he really wants them both, its just that he can only afford for one when they ship, so he is asking which one we think will cost him more to buy later on when he is ready so he can buy that one now and the lower priced one later....

Yeah but what Khev is saying is that he really wants them both, its just that he can only afford for one when they ship, so he is asking which one we think will cost him more to buy later on when he is ready so he can buy that one now and the lower priced one later....

Exactly! I've faced the same decision before... you find yourself wanting to get the one that will cost you more if you wait because after all, collecting is expensive!

I would think Anakin would cost more down the road then Red Skull. Though, I admit not knowing much about the Marvel Universe.

Back