Official Indiana Jones Replica Gear Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bardoon

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm considering ordering one of these from a reputable maker...I was curious as to whether anyone here also has an Indy fedora... :monkey1

EDIT: CHANGED TO COVER ALL INDY GEAR!!! OUTFIT, WHIP, BAG, ETC.

Last edited:
Re: Indiana Jones Replica Fedora

DarkArtist and Irish both have/had one i believe. i was wondering if the ones on the Indy website are good quality too.

The best ones out there are made by Steve Delk, who actually made the 40+ hats used in the production of Crystal Skull (he's even mentioned by name in one of the Webdocs). Hopefully that's who you're referring too, Bardoon. He's the best.

They're not cheap, though (because they're the real deal) and the wait list is now several months long. But if anyone is genuinely interested, shoot me a PM and I'll share the info.

Yeah I have a few, Akubra, Keppler, HJ, even an old Stetson rebashed by me and plan on ordering one of Steve's from Adventure built used to be Fedora on Club Obi Wan forum. Depends on how much you are willing to spend, how close and what film you want it to be screen accurate from, and if you plan on wearing it alot and in the elements or just once in a while.

The best ones out there are made by Steve Delk, who actually made the 40+ hats used in the production of Crystal Skull (he's even mentioned by name in one of the Webdocs). Hopefully that's who you're referring too, Bardoon. He's the best.

They're not cheap, though (because they're the real deal) and the wait list is now several months long. But if anyone is genuinely interested, shoot me a PM and I'll share the info.

Yeah I'm definitely looking to get one of Steve's AdventureBilts before he raises prices after KotCS. And I'm sure he's very excited to have made the hats for the new movie as well.

I am also aware of the long waits associated with it but that's fine. I can be patient.

I'm shooting you a PM right now.

PM replied.
whip.gif

Steve's awesome. His business partner Marc also makes them. I got one of Steve's bashed Herbert Johnson's recently and am patiently waiting on my custom Beaver fur. Steve will also custom style the hat after any scene.

www.adventurebilt.com

what you need to ask yourself is wheiter or not you're gonna wear it, or pput it on the shelf and look at it. Expensive is not allways best.
I've allways been a fan of the Fedora, mainly becuase the fedora, and the top hat are the only two I do not look sily in, and becuase the places where one can wear a top hat are few and fr between, unless one is pulling rabbits out of it, i tend to stick with fedoras. I've had SEVERAl throughout the years, Cheap ones, expensive ones, and i allways go back to the same type, for two reasons, my favorite type is inexpensive, Relatively indestructable, and is SOOO VERY Comfortable. My presonal favorite type of fedora is the Wool Felt Fedora.

Here's a link to an indy Wool Felt Fedora
https://www.sheplers.com/hats/outback_hats/096603.html?SOURCE=NEXTAG&CS_003=2112038&CS_010=096603
It's not COMPLETELY Film accurate, But it's about 1000 Time more comfortable than ones that are. Only drawbacks is that it has a Little brass indy logo sewn onto the side of the hatband. Simple enough to remove if you don't like it.

For the record, I beleive the indy hat was Actualy a Beaver Hat, But i could be wrong. had one once, Did not like it, it was like wearing a rock on your head. Very inflexable. Most of the expensive ones are like that, Solid as stone to keep the fedora shape. And.. well... don't take real world wear very well.

I got my Indy Fedora on my last trip to Epcot a few years ago. I don't know how many of you have ever been to epcot, but if you have, well, you know the little fountian infront of spaceship earth? No? here let me get you a picture
Not the best picture, but you can KINDa see it here
It's the big glass ting in the middle, the fountian is turend off in this shot
9211L.jpg

those of you that have never been, underneeth spacesahip earth is a walkway, and it becomes something like a windtunnel.
epcot.jpg

So anywas, the second day i got it, We went to epcot. At the end of the day, i was sitting on the fountian facing the windtunnel. ok, bad idea, becuase the wind kept trying to steal my hat. Eventualy it sucseedxed, in knocking my hat off my head, and DIRECTLY into the fountian. It was filled with water, and it took me 30 minites to get it out. Hat comes out, Completely soaked. I dried it off, Put it in the sun ( on my head :D) And in a few hours, it was good as new, perhaps even fit a little better.
Anyways, moral is, more expensive is not allways better.

Akubra's the way to go. Top quality, lower prices, and mine's been through hell and back, but looks better every day.

The officially licensed Dorfman Pacific hat is not a bad Indy hat for the money. The brass pin is easily removed but it's a bit stiff in my experience, though weathering and roughing it up a bit will help that.

The Akubra is a very nice hat. I don't own one but have seen a couple Akubras firsthand and they are very nice medium priced hats, more accurate than the DP.

The Magnoli HJ I've got is super soft and the nicest hat I've owned (until the AB arrives).

The original Raiders hats were HJs in rabbit fur. The new KotCS are beaver fur which is more durable and more water resistant than rabbit.

I believe there is a new licensed hat on the horizon as well that will be medium-priced.

Lots of options out there.

And Steve has talked about a mass produced version of his Adventurebilt hat coming out soon that will be cheaper and faster to make than the ones he hand makes.

I've seen the HJ Poet for sale at Todd's Costumers... I just got his "deluxe" Indy BullWhip...I read the reviews of it on Club Obi-Wan and I've always wanted a replica Indy whip but don't want to pay the price of a real David Morgan or any one that is actual Kangeroo skin.

I've heard the Magnoli HJ mentioned several times before. Is that a similar style? Any links to it?

I'm sold on getting an Adventurebilt...I just need to cut my hair back to my normal hairstyle (grew it long for winter) and measure my head properly since the hair is adding some length.

Yeah, they are very nice. The prices aren't too bad, either. I'm tempted... even though I now already have three Indy hats. :p

what you need to ask yourself is wheiter or not you're gonna wear it, or pput it on the shelf and look at it. Expensive is not allways best.
I've allways been a fan of the Fedora, mainly becuase the fedora, and the top hat are the only two I do not look sily in, and becuase the places where one can wear a top hat are few and fr between, unless one is pulling rabbits out of it, i tend to stick with fedoras. I've had SEVERAl throughout the years, Cheap ones, expensive ones, and i allways go back to the same type, for two reasons, my favorite type is inexpensive, Relatively indestructable, and is SOOO VERY Comfortable. My presonal favorite type of fedora is the Wool Felt Fedora.

Here's a link to an indy Wool Felt Fedora
https://www.sheplers.com/hats/outback_hats/096603.html?SOURCE=NEXTAG&CS_003=2112038&CS_010=096603
It's not COMPLETELY Film accurate, But it's about 1000 Time more comfortable than ones that are. Only drawbacks is that it has a Little brass indy logo sewn onto the side of the hatband. Simple enough to remove if you don't like it.

For the record, I beleive the indy hat was Actualy a Beaver Hat, But i could be wrong. had one once, Did not like it, it was like wearing a rock on your head. Very inflexable. Most of the expensive ones are like that, Solid as stone to keep the fedora shape. And.. well... don't take real world wear very well.

I got my Indy Fedora on my last trip to Epcot a few years ago. I don't know how many of you have ever been to epcot, but if you have, well, you know the little fountian infront of spaceship earth? No? here let me get you a picture.

is this the same hat?

https://shop.indianajones.com/catal...t_id=1219266;category_id=408152;pcid1=;pcid2=

Yeah, they are very nice. The prices aren't too bad, either. I'm tempted... even though I now already have three Indy hats. :p

I know what you mean. I never thought I'd get more than one, but they are so sweet. Indy madness! :duh
whip.gif

Yup that's the Dorfman Pacific hat Vader Al. They come in both wool and 100% fur varieties I believe.

Last edited:

I have a wool Dorfman, it's a cheap Indy hat and it is nice...but it's inaccurate and NOT a high-quality fedora.

I'm looking at the real deal now.

I'm toying with the idea of an Adventurebilt. By all accounts they are the best you can get. Originally considered a HJ but a little research has put me off.

Back