Jon's Football *soccer!!* thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

FrodoEyes

Hey sports fans!

We bring to you a new programme, documenting my footballing fortunes in which I bring to you results, reactions and reflections on how my weekly games of football have been going!

But first, a little background. I play for a 5-a-side team called Big Guns, and we play every wednesday night on astroturf. Now we are not the best team in the world, we have a couple of decent players, but we can't pass, we can't shoot and unfortunately for me, being the goalkeeper, we can't defend! We don't train together and we have no pre-set tactics on how to play, it's usually just PASS!! SHOOT!! GET BACK!! KEEP GOING!! And our half time team talks always seem to consist of the same things - "We must defend". Uh huh...
We are currently bottom of division 6 (the lowest league!) even though we have won 2 games! We just have one more game to play this season, next wednesday, then start a new one the week after. Last wednesdays game we lost 11-3, but it could have been more had I not have had a considerably good game. I must have saved about 50 shots in the hour we played - the previous game we played against this side we lost by 20 goals! I must be the busiest goalie in the whole place! I enjoyed the game even though I let in 11 goals (which is good for us!!) and it was nice to have the opposition come up to me after the game asking me to play for them!
But my heart lies ever faithful to my Big Guns, my friends. Ever since the extinction of my old team, FC Eisenguard, which I named! Does it sound familiar?! It was supposed to be Isengard but I left the filling out of the official registering forms to someone who isn't LOTR savy, and thought it was some place in Denmark! He wasn't happy when he found out the truth!

So anyway, I am playing a one-off game on sunday for the hotel where I work in a charity match organised by the Conference And Banqueting department who we play. The game lasts only 10 minutes, but is 5-a-side on full sized pitches!! :eek : But that's probably a good thing cos by the time the opposition have made their way to my goal the final whistle will blow!

Wish me luck!

And I WILL keep giving updates, whether you like it or not!

See you next time sports fans!

Re

Just tryna be like my team, Norwich, in staying in the lower half of the table!

Seems like tomorrows charity game is off for now, my friend gave a text that read a little something like this:

JON MATE GAME OFF FOR NOW THEY HAVE TWO TEAMS AND THE LOOKING FOR MORE FIXTURES FOR NOW SORRY BUD

Bless 'im :mwaha

So the game is off - for now!

Re

Well, last game of the season last night (until next week bizarrely when a new season starts!) and we played the worst team in the league, two places below us, and lost. Surprise! Well, it was, because they were all overweight balding truck drivers. It finished 9-8, and the ref gave a penalty for me handling the ball outside the area even though I didn't, and I went the right way from the penalty kick but the shot was too hard and quick for me to get to it. But I played well and was voted our player of the season! Or maybe that should be most worked goalkeeper of the season.
Hey ho, at least there's one positive from all this - we can't get relegated cos we're already in the lowest league!!

Re: Re

Hey Frodoeyes

Theres always a netball/rounders league for you next season:lol

WG:wave

Indeed, but we play 5-a-side football every week!! It's great!! And I get injured alot.

We actually WON last week, and are currently mid-table! Oh, how I strive to become part of a boring not going anywhere mid table team. Sigh.

So it is YOU that is the weak link FrodoEyes. Tell me if I have this right, all you have to do is block the goal and you can't loose. If you're constantly blocking goals, what are the other four doing? They ought to practise because you get enough each game. Might be time to rotate the goalie. Don't get dizzy now, or you'll fall over.

Is that a Powerleague team ?

My team played against some guys that are apparently part of Aston Villa/Birmingham City youth squad calling themselves "Brum United" - :puke . They were unbeaten... and the league leaders (since they've played more games than us)

We didn't take the game seriously (we never do), and gave them a 3 goal headstart. Still we beat them 10-5! It was so funny...by the end of the game they resorted to trying their best to break our legs.

:lol

lol.....yeah it is Powerleague in Norwich. It's fun, but I don't like all the sand that gets everywhere.

Creech....I'm taking it you're not a big footie fan? heehee. I do my best, and I actually keep the score down! It's hard playing for a bunch of asthmatic monkeys who can't pass, defend or mark. Scoring infront of an open goal seems to be a challenge for them too.
If it was possible to save every shot in this game, there would be no score and goalies would be banned!

Lost by one goal last night. Bloody ref gave 2 penalties against us which were'nt penalties! Both times our defender or the ball wasn't in the box but the ref thought they were. Grr. We would have won if the ref had glasses 8o :smokin

You're having a ball that's the main thing, and you allowing us to participate. I have been enjoying your losses almost as much as you seem to. It almost makes me feel invigorated. You do give it a very humourous edge.

Well, you have to laugh, or commit suicide with this team.

There is obviously the side of me that takes it very seriously, and I do prefer to win, but there's the other side which sees it as a social thing too, I like going along every week and seeing everyone, and playing in a team with my friends. That's more important to me, staying faithful, as I've already said about not joining other teams.

A local pud team wants me to play for them next thursday as well as my normal game on wednesday, I might do it if I'm not too knackered.

Back