Red Ring Of Death!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkArtist81

Super Freak
Reaction score
Yep.... It happened yesterday. My console is DOA. :monkey2

Just when things could really hardly get worse. They do. Now I have to call and find out what my options are. Stupid Xbox glitches, never had a system take a dump on me. It sucks.

One reason why I am still a little worried to get an xbox even though in another thread everyone said the problem should be fixed on the newer ones.

Just when things could really hardly get worse. They do. Now I have to call and find out what my options are. Stupid Xbox glitches, never had a system take a dump on me. It sucks.

Sucks to hear man. Microsoft will take care of you. Get well soon! :duff

Don't have an Xbox, but when my PS2 crapped out, I returned it to Sony and got a new one. Only had to pay shipping. Good luck

Yeah, I'm going to contact them and see what needs to be done. Hopefully it will be an easy fix. Just sucks. I was always nervous that it would happen, so much that I can hardly believe it actually HAS happened now.

aaba5c94b460.jpg

That sux Josh....I just watched a report on a local news station that said Microsoft has allocated a few million just to this phenomenon and are ready to replace and make due with their XBOX 360s. Shouldn't be more hassle other than the unfortunate waiting game.

Hope you like talking to Indian customer service.

hehe, I remember the good old days when it was Americans(or at least people with proper understandable english) I spoke to and could understand. I had to get my 360 replaced 5 times, and all 5 times I called were Americans in the US. This was over a year ago. But now they have switched over to India :(. At least the consoles are still repaired in the US:monkey1.

I've had it happen twice now (once a long time ago and the first run units, then on the replacement they sent).

They used to be pricks about it, wanted to charge me $160 (I haggled 'em down to half that), but they ended up sending me a refund check for what I paid, and apparently they completely cover it nowadays. They'll send you a pre-paid box to send you X-Box in, and you'll see the replacement in about a month.

Good luck man!

++++, that sucks bro!! :(

I knew it was gonna be tough getting Net service at your new crib and now this. :monkey2 Hope you get a replacement soon bro we miss ya man!!

Thanks a lot guys. Yeah, still waiting on my internet hookup. They had to install a whole mess of crap all up my street just to get us set up. It's a mess. And my XBox.. sucks. :lol

But I will be getting that fixed this next week. I'll call em.

One reason why I am still a little worried to get an xbox even though in another thread everyone said the problem should be fixed on the newer ones.

Apparently even the new ones are causing issues. But they're suppose to have one available in the summer that won't have the problem. I wanted to get a second one so I had one with an HDMI connection, so I'm waiting for this one.

Damn Josh. Sorry to hear this. It seems like this is happening to one of us at least once a month :emperor

That sucks man. I had mine for almost 2 years before the first red ring of death. Hopefully the newer generation won't give you the error again.

Yeah all I had to do was call them, go through their trouble shooting with the rep, then they sent me a box to send the console only, then they sent me a new one back with a new serial number and a new warranty.

Back