Favorite Indiana Jones Films

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite Indiana Jones Film

• Raiders of the Lost Ark

Votes: 67 71.3%
  • Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Votes: 18 19.1%

• Total voters
Raiders, followed very closely by Last Crusade, and bringing up the rear is Temple of Doom, and after watching it again last night, isa definantly the weakest of the three. The plot is razor thin, and ultimately unsatisfying.

Raiders, just the right mix of action, humor and drama. ToD is a close second, and TLC a distant third.

The Last Crusade, followed very closely by Raiders, and then Temple of Doom.

Ouch! :lol

Seriously, though... such a poll isn't even fair. As much as I enjoy all of the INDY flicks so far (though TOD more than TLC) it's clearly RAIDERS that is the untouchable of the lot. It's not only the best film of this series, I'd go so far to argue that it's the best film of its kind, period.

RAIDERS is flawless to the point where one could call it the perfect action-adventure film. So it's not only the obvious flagship of this series, it's the pinnacle of an entire genre of film.

ROTLA, LC then TOD. I really enjoy them all very much. there's no drop off in difference like TPM is from any of the OT films.

Thats the thing for me I enjoy them all. I have no problems with any of them really. So 2 me they're all good fun and why I watch them over and over.

I just bought the intire DVD collection.:monkey4

My kid has never seen it.I was flipping through some clips on you-tube and he happened walk in the room and see some Indy footage.He was like wow what is that?He seemed to really like it,so I decided to pick it up for him mainly.Plus I haven't seen it in a while either.

The last crusade

Temple of doom

Raiders of the lost ark

In reverse I know,is't it weird

I watched TOD the other day after reading some of your flag waving Irish, and thought it was time to watch it again, but it was about the same as I remember it.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy watching it, many scenes are iconic and fantastic, but it's too uneven and has very annoying, juvenile parts. I can see why Speilberg said he had to apologize for it. As goofy as TLC is in spots, and a bit of a rehash of Raiders, it's narrative has better flow and doesn't have the infuriating bits, plus it's got Nazis and WWII stuff, and I enjoyed them fleshing out Indy as a character which TOD certainly lacked.

The thing about "Temple of Doom" is that its annoying and juvenile bits are actually the aspects that are most like the 30's serials that inspired the series. And I like that about it a lot. It also seems like a much more honest movie to me, wheras "Last Crusade" was a safe return to basic a formula and relies too heavily on comic relief (much more so than any of the other films in the series).

Still, I don't dislike any of them. And of course it's all in the eyes of the beholder with varied mileage. :duff

Ouch! :lol

Seriously, though... such a poll isn't even fair. As much as I enjoy all of the INDY flicks so far (though TOD more than TLC) it's clearly RAIDERS that is the untouchable of the lot. It's not only the best film of this series, I'd go so far to argue that it's the best film of its kind, period.

RAIDERS is flawless to the point where one could call it the perfect action-adventure film. So it's not only the obvious flagship of this series, it's the pinnacle of an entire genre of film.

I completely agree with Irish! The first time I saw Raiders when I was 10 years old, it made a HUGE impression upon me just like the first Star Wars!

Raiders IS the standard that action movies try to live up to, and most all of them fail to come even close! Spielberg's masterful direction, John Williams' stirring and incredible musical score, Harrison Ford's top-notch acting and all the other facts I don't mention add up to one of the single BEST movies ever made! :D

Back