Indy Novels

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kabukiman

Greatest Person Ever
Reaction score
I saw some Indy novels at Wal-Mart today. I forgot what all the titles were (there seemed to be a lot) but I do remember two titles: "Indiana Jones and the Secret of the Sphinx" and "Indiana Jones and the Sky Pirates."

After a quick Amazon search, I found that these seem to be reprints of older novels. I didn't know there was an Indiana Jones book series prior to today.

I'm a bit of a media tie-in novel whore, so I'll probably pick one or two up. Anyone have any recommendations? Going by the Amazon reviews, I think I'll stay away from Sky Pirates.

I saw a few of these in the Indy store in Walt Disney World last month, though by the looks of them I thought they were just really old stock.

I didn't pick any up, but I am interested. Indy seems like the perfect character for (dare I say) an Expanded Universe.

Another board member posted saying he had one Indiana Jones and the Oracle at Delphi or something like that. I checked on Amazon and saw there were more but they looked to be out of print. Awesome that they are coming back in. I'll probably pick up a few too. Thanks for the heads up, I was afraid I may have to forgo most of them.

Yea, i have Indy and the Oracle at Delphi. I started reading it, but i gotta say, the writing style is turning me off, and I don't know how long i can stay with it.

some of these are good, some are terrible. :) I only read a few, but you know pretty quickly whether or not the writer tapped into the spirit of the series.

Max McCoy did the best job in my opinion.
Trev

Thanks for the info Trev. I'll be certain to look in to his books before some of the others.

I have all of these & read them quite a while ago. From what I remember they weren't bad but they just didn't quite seem in tune with the spirit of the movies. From what I remember, I believe Merlin the magician showed up in a lot of the books & kind of helped Indy out a bunch of times..... There seemed to be a lot more far-fetched supernatural events in the books than there were in the movies.

I read a couple of the Indy novels. Most of them I felt didn't get the character right. The only one that really had me hooked was Indiana Jones and the Sky Pirates.

Re: Indy Novels?

Thanks, kabuk! You are the greatest person ever!

Last edited:
I gotta admit, the Struzan art did suck me in. I had no idea these even existed.

I've read The Secret of the Sphinx. It wasn't bad, but I don't think it was really good either. Apparently at some point Indy gets a Crystal Skull in one of the books because it was mentioned in the book I read. So I found that interesting. I think I'm going to wind up reading these for pure curiosity sake, although from reading the descriptions on Amazon I'm a bit leary.

I bought one the other day. Haven't read it yet but I also have the movie novels including the KOTCS.

Back