Shuffling my feet on the SpeederBike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should I Speed or get off my Bike?

• Yes buy it direct now from SSC.

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Wait - it will come up as a SECOND CHANCE.

Votes: 17 56.7%

• Total voters

Lord Aykroyd

Super Freak
Reaction score
Some facts:

1. I definitely want a PF Speeder Bike and Scout
2. I live in Canada, so getting this direct from SSC will cost about $1000
3. I canceled my pre-order under the hopes this will come up as a Second Chance or be re-released in high quantities to retailers
4. I just got an email telling me that I COULD re-order it on Flex pay (a very cool and fair show from SSC for those of us who thought we could afford it but then couldn't).

Should I get it from SSC now via Flex or wait to see if it comes up as a second chance....

(I know I can also wait it out for Ebay, but Im not convinced these will go down in price on the secondary market)

Thanks! :rolleyes:

Have you contacted Chinook Hobby West in Calgary? They are CND SSC distribution partners...

if they can't get it for you, definitely buy direct. Imagine spending the bread to buy it on eBay and discovering something was broken. Not worth the risk.

If you have the moneythen i think you should take the flexpay offer. I got the same offer today but i would also pay the same shipping costs from the US warehouse that i would pay had it shipped from the EU warehouse. I think it's $170 saved on shipping. A very good offer, and i would take it if only i had the money:monkey2

I think it would cost u way more than $1000 getting it direct. Taxes would run you $112 plus duties which will be around $60-100 plus whatever shipping is for this piece.

Sent you a PM of a place that might interest you.

I am looking on eBay, waiting to see them for far less than retail as many predicted, but so far it isn't happening. They are out there, but nobody is selling them at a loss just yet. MSRP still sounds OK at this point.

I am looking on eBay, waiting to see them for far less than retail as many predicted, but so far it isn't happening. They are out there, but nobody is selling them at a loss just yet. MSRP still sounds OK at this point.

For you guys-- but for us north of the border you've got to factor in custom fees... Anyway, I sent Lord Aykroyd a viable solution that I think he'll find most pleasing (especially to his wallet).

:duff:angrycanu

Thanks in Advance for all the input and PMs. Im searching through some options now - really looking forward to this piece. :D

hope it's ok for me to say I am looking and live in Canada as well. If anyone can help pls shoot me a PM (I am not looking to spend MSRP).

cheapest price sold on ebay recently is $700.

Last edited:
Another thing to keep in mind is that the box is HUGE. It actually weighs 42 lbs, but the dimensional weight is 100 lbs. Retail Fedex shipping from California to the east coast costs over $80 though SS only charged me $55. If you can find a seller that ships for free or if you can pick it up yourself, it is a huge plus.

I'm in the same boat, I going to get this piece but I still feel it will go down in price. I'm holding out unless I find a good deal. Its a big box, when people need the room they'll take a loss.

That solution might also work for EU collectors?

Nope, sorry... The solution I gave him was just for Canadian collectors to get around the custom fees and shipping that exist when buying directly from SSC. I just gave him some info of a Canadian on-line supplier that I use for non-exclusive SSC items. Sorry I couldn't help you my European comrade.:monkey2

Nope, sorry... The solution I gave him was just for Canadian collectors to get around the custom fees and shipping that exist when buying directly from SSC. I just gave him some info of a Canadian on-line supplier that I use for non-exclusive SSC items. Sorry I couldn't help you my European comrade.:monkey2
:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Someday, someone might come up with a formula for the Europeans! :D

Back