DCD 13" Green Arrow - In Stores 4/02/2008

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jase

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just a reminder that the 13" Green Arrow will be released this coming week!

8441_a_full.jpg

8441_b_full.jpg

Will he have a removable mask like the other characters with that type mask?

I would assume that he would but I haven't seen a removable mask listed as an accessory anywhere.

I don't think that anything has been confirmed one way or the other. I hope the mask is removable!

All the other DCD13 with diamond masks have been removeable, so that would make sense for Ollie as well. This is my favorite DC character, so I'm very much looking forward to this guy.

.... made of both Awesome and Fail.
Awesome becuse It's Oliver Freaking Queen.
Fail becuase DCD makes their figures a bit big for my tastes.

Might get him and Hal anyways though.

I've halfway considered getting this and trying to do some customization to make him a Robin Hood figure. Green Arrow seems like an awesome character, but I've never read anything with him having anything more than a cameo.

He's the Super Liberal Batman.
A GREAt intorduction to Oliver Queen is the Quiver Series Green Arrow re-start By Kevin Smith.
Walden books usualy has it in hardcover. go sit there and read it :)

Is it actually possible, aesthetically, to transplant DCD heads onto one of the larger 12" figures? I love this character and Andy'd portrait has got to be the best in the line so far, but dc bodies seem unnecessarily tall in relation to the heads (from the photos, that figure is over 9 heads tall -the normal is about 8).

I would think it is possible to successfully transplant the heads... To be honest, I think some of the DCD 13" heads are too small for the 13" body (DCD likes to keep the heads on the small side to make the bodies look even more 'powerful'). Ollie's mug for instance is actually sculpted at a standard 1/6 size and would look natural on a Sideshow body (especially the new Prometheus body that will already sport the appropriate neck post).

What about the clothes though, won't they be too big on a 12" body? I'd love to put them on a 12" body so they look a little more natural with my other 12" figures. The funniest is seeing them next to my Medicom Spider-Man, he looks like a little baby spidey. :lol

Yeah, you would need to re-tailor the clothes a little bit. But as it's spandex, it shouldn't be TOO hard. My sister does it with full size clothes every day.
Basicly, you'd need to take the costume off the figure, unstich it, and see whqat's what, then put it back together, custom tailored. .......
I think I'm gonna go order green Lantern.

I won't even attempt that, I'd butcher it in a heartbeat. Grandma might be able to do it though... Good luck with it if you do it, I'm sure alot of people will be anxious to see the results.

After Ollie is Bizarro isn't it? I love Ollie but if I get him then I'll be too tempted to go back and get Hal (not the rerelease because I like the original) so I'm moving on.

Back