Resident Evil 5

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Resident Evil 5 xbox360 gameplay footage

I want this game....NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and not in 2010 :monkey2:monkey2

2010 make bunny cry...........

Cool video, even though I didn't understand a word that guy was saying. :D Looks sick though, I can't wait for this to be released!

I thought that RE4 revolutionized the RE Series, but RE5 maybe even better. The only downfall I hope they will correct, is that RE4 felt less creepy than the other previosu RE4, hope they can mix the gameplay of RE4 and the creepiness of RE1-3

It looks amazing. However, I can already see the protests now - "oh my God, a white man killing black people ... Resident Evil is racist!" Yes, I know, it sounds silly, but you know some anti-video game or anti-violence group is going to try it ... sigh :monkey2

It looks amazing. However, I can already see the protests now - "oh my God, a white man killing black people ... Resident Evil is racist!" Yes, I know, it sounds silly, but you know some anti-video game or anti-violence group is going to try it ... sigh :monkey2

What's so racists about that.............:monkey3

What's so racists about that.............:monkey3

I'm not saying I think it's racist. But, you KNOW some group out there is going to start something. In fact, if I am still alive and the Alzheimer's hasn't kicked in by the time it happens in 2010, I am going to bump this topic when it happens. When people want to bash something, they look for anything. And, that will be the first thing they go after.

Looks like I didn't have to wait that long. Wow. As I was typing that up, my friend says, "you know they are already saying that now, right?" So, I did a Yahoo search:

https://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/1625.html

Resident Evil 5 Trailer Racist?

We have no idea when Resident Evil 5 will descend upon us, but unfortunately, Capcom is already suffering from complaints. The game's trailer recently came to light, and while most gamers were looking at it and determining quality, others were examining it from a political standpoint.

A blog dedicated to African-American females, Black Looks, has called the Resident Evil 5 trailer "problematic on so many levels."

"The new Resident Evil video game depicts a white man in what appears to be Africa killing Black people. The Black people are supposed to be zombies and the white man’s job is to destroy them and save humanity…

This is problematic on so many levels, including the depiction of Black people as inhuman savages, the killing of Black people by a white man in military clothing, and the fact that this video game is marketed to children and young adults. Start them young… fearing, hating, and destroying Black people."

Now, while we understand the complaint - and we hear this blog isn't the only source speaking out - there is the possibility that Capcom isn't racist, and that they simply placed the game's setting in Africa. ...in Africa, if we're not mistaken, there are African-American individuals. To jump ahead in the story, if they're all getting infected by whatever this zombie virus is, it would stand to reason there'd be a lot of black zombies. Chris Redfield being white doesn't seem relevant, as he has been white since the start of the series, and up until now, we have difficulty remembering even a single African-American undead opponent for Chris. In other words, the heroes in Resident Evil have been mowing down white zombies for over a decade.

But we do understand the complaint. It'll be interesting to see how Capcom responds to it.

I knew it. Why do people have to over-react to EVERYTHING? Was it racist when the S.T.A.R.S. crew killed hundreds (or thousands if you include the nuke) of whites in Raccoon City? Hundreds of Hispanics in RE4? Resident Evil S.T.A.R.S. members are like Captain Kirk - they'll pop a cap in any color of ass infected with some form of zombie/alien DNA.

P.S. The sad thing is that article was the first of many ... :monkey2

...there is the possibility that Capcom isn't racist, and that they simply placed the game's setting in Africa. ...in Africa, if we're not mistaken, there are African-American individuals. To jump ahead in the story, if they're all getting infected by whatever this zombie virus is, it would stand to reason there'd be a lot of black zombies. Chris Redfield being white doesn't seem relevant, as he has been white since the start of the series, and up until now, we have difficulty remembering even a single African-American undead opponent for Chris. In other words, the heroes in Resident Evil have been mowing down white zombies for over a decade.
:lecture :lecture :lecture

Looks like I didn't have to wait that long. Wow. As I was typing that up, my friend says, "you know they are already saying that now, right?" So, I did a Yahoo search:

https://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/1625.html

Resident Evil 5 Trailer Racist?

We have no idea when Resident Evil 5 will descend upon us, but unfortunately, Capcom is already suffering from complaints. The game's trailer recently came to light, and while most gamers were looking at it and determining quality, others were examining it from a political standpoint.

A blog dedicated to African-American females, Black Looks, has called the Resident Evil 5 trailer "problematic on so many levels."

"The new Resident Evil video game depicts a white man in what appears to be Africa killing Black people. The Black people are supposed to be zombies and the white man’s job is to destroy them and save humanity…

This is problematic on so many levels, including the depiction of Black people as inhuman savages, the killing of Black people by a white man in military clothing, and the fact that this video game is marketed to children and young adults. Start them young… fearing, hating, and destroying Black people."

Now, while we understand the complaint - and we hear this blog isn't the only source speaking out - there is the possibility that Capcom isn't racist, and that they simply placed the game's setting in Africa. ...in Africa, if we're not mistaken, there are African-American individuals. To jump ahead in the story, if they're all getting infected by whatever this zombie virus is, it would stand to reason there'd be a lot of black zombies. Chris Redfield being white doesn't seem relevant, as he has been white since the start of the series, and up until now, we have difficulty remembering even a single African-American undead opponent for Chris. In other words, the heroes in Resident Evil have been mowing down white zombies for over a decade.

But we do understand the complaint. It'll be interesting to see how Capcom responds to it.

I knew it. Why do people have to over-react to EVERYTHING? Was it racist when the S.T.A.R.S. crew killed hundreds (or thousands if you include the nuke) of whites in Raccoon City? Hundreds of Hispanics in RE4? Resident Evil S.T.A.R.S. members are like Captain Kirk - they'll pop a cap in any color of ass infected with some form of zombie/alien DNA.

P.S. The sad thing is that article was the first of many ... :monkey2

It's sad people think that way. I don't want to +++++ on anybody's lawn here, but it seems that nowadays black people are more racists then whites. Where were these people saying that Resident Evil 1 was racists because all the zombies were white? EVERYTHING has to be about race and that's just the stupidest line of thought....

FYI: I've seen enough Law & Order to know what it's always about race....

What???? There are black people in Africa?? Why didn't someone tell me about this?????

I ++++ing hate people

These are probably the same ass holes that drive 30 over the speed limit and claim they got pulled over because of their race :rolleyes:

Well at least they can't blame the white people since Capcom is a Japanese company:rotfl:rotfl

Back