Kong Trailer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

cherno

Here is my initial review that I posted on another forum:
Well we just saw it.
My initial impressions without watching it again on VW.com:

Meh.

Jack Black seems wrong for this. He still has that tone in his voice, that sarcasm in the wrong places that rubs me the wrong way.

The CG and bluescreen seems a bit unfinished, not lifelike enough.

The play on Watts as the newest scream queen was kind of fun.

I am not a huge fan of the Kong story in general

I will give it a chance because it is Peter Jackson and Howard Shore, but overall I was underwhelmed

I agree with you on the CGI and Green screen elements, they didn't look too good in the trailer.
But I disagree on the casting of Jack Black, I thought he was pretty good in the trailer. I liked he's ambition, it was almost like he was some first time director getting to make his big movie.

So I watched it twice and have it saved on TiVo....

While I agree that there are several shots that need to be finished and the green screen shots need to be fine tuned.. i have no doub that they will be. Hello... this is the guy that made our beloved LOTR!

I am not that into King Kong either, I am basically seeing it because it is PJ and I love many of the actors.... but because of those reasons I am REALLY excited for it.

The Teaser was well done. I mean, its a movie about a wierd Island with a giant ape, dinosaurs and what looked like huge crickets.. it is a silly Sci-Fi monster movie from the 30's and that is what PJ loved about it, so that is what it is going to be. It will be fun, but just hearing some of the script, seeing some of the shots and knowing what talent is involved and how much heart is going into it... i have no doubt it will be great!

Also, I loved the music in the teaser...

"One question- why would the Kong movie trailer be on Volkswagon's website? "

Rollerskates?

:rollin

Seriouly though, the trailer's cgi does not even compare with the astounding work accomplished with Mighty Joe Young. All things considered, I have no high expectations for this film.

Jack Black again?? Didn't Bruce Willis kill him off?:lol

Just seen it, I like it. I'm not a major King Kong geek but I think it looked ok.

re

yeah so far so good...looks interesting, im not a kong fan so i doubted i was goin watch this one but from the trailer alone its starting to intrigue me.

Re: re

Its Double-Post time from Yonder General Forum:

This looks truly fantastic and I do not say this lightly. Watt's Scream is incredible. Jack Black actually resembles Orson Wells here, a fantastic touch. Kong seems a bit short but I think thats because we haven't seen him with true gorilla posture before.

I don't know if Frank Frazetta's Kong paintings were any influence but the vegetation of the island looks just like his.

The CG could be better but I'm not looking at CG, I'm looking at fantastic creatures that are not supposed to exist. These effects will be worked on and improved (look at the Gollum from the TTT trailer and how much better it looked in the film, etc.) but I have no problem with what i'm seeing here.

I originally voiced my concerns about the Bridal Altar. After seeing the Trailer on an Actual Movie Screen instead of the postcard size Quicktime, I have some huge Crow to eat and boy, its tasty! What I was seeing is not the altar itself but Ann being "delivered" to it. I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN that Peter was smarter than that! How could I have doubted?? If any insiders read my original post, they're laughing and they're laughing hard!:bow :bow :bow :bow

It will be very interesting to see the emotional arc of Kong and the audience, not to mention Ann; the point being that you cannot see it from his first appearance. I understand this is a deliberate choice and a brilliant one: if it works, you'll be in tears when this ape falls to his death.

I just showed the trailer to my father, not generally a genre fan but a fan of 'classic' movies, and he was really excited, too.

In the words of Karen Mason:
"Can we buy tickets yet?"

I think it looks promising. I will go see it come December.
I wish they didn't actually show Kong in the trailer though, should have been just a tease of him, just his legs or something. Just my opinion...

I think it looked amazing...

I'm even more amazed at the negative talkback about this film...people are being so critical at a stage 6 months before the release.

Everyone has loved the PD's up till this point then PJ tries to get a trailer out as a teaser for the fans and people rip the thing apart.

Looks good, but why are they making a Dinosaur up called
v Rex.? what's wrong with the real deal, the awesome T REX.?:\

Were there V-Rex's in the original??

If so, then there is your answer. The original KK is PJ's favorite film and I assume he is going to keep it as true to the original as possible.

If not, then I'd say it is because Skull Island is a mythical place. A place with strange, unexplainable creatures. The Island doesn't just have dinosaurs.. like a T-Rex... no no, it has a dinosaur that we've never heard of.... A V-REX!

Just my 2 cents

re

Just saw the trailer for Kong with War Of The Worlds. To quote my young 'un who watched it with me: "Stunning!" :rock

I've watched this so many times (I saved it on TiVo) but watching it on the big screen before WotW i was still BLOWN AWAY. The sound was incredible, the FX looked MUCH better on the big screen and i was totally pumped.

It was the only trailer that got people talking.... literally you could feel the excitement as everyone turned to however they were with and commented. It was great!

Back